+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Re: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. View Post
    He's now innocent, but awaiting trial - so no club will still touch him yet.
    Look at the flak around Adam Johnson when he was "accused".

I guess it now depends on whether the CPS feel it's worth pursuing. If they think the fresh evidence will throw their case out, they may not proceed and waste a load of money, or they may go to trial and try and save face
    Adam Johnson was still able to play whilst awaiting trial. I think a few lower clubs might take a chance on Evans here, even whilst awaiting his trial.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I would now expect them to apologise.
    Maybe now, but I'm talking about the time of the conviction.

I'm not even sure they should be expected to apologise personally.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I doubt you "read up" as much as the jury and they found him guilty. At the time he was convicted, they were well within their rights to.
    I was an avid researcher from the start. I've posted many times on CCMB about the case. Looks like this conspiracy theory has been proved correct. The woman consented to sex - there is no doubt about that. Her sexual history is allegedly one of gang bangs in the hotels of north Wales, often involving multiple sportsmen. She tweeted about "when I win big" and so on. I've seen the social justice warriors and feminazis take over Plaid Cymru and my opinion is that they're a bunch of *****. I know Leanne Wood pretty well too and her attitude on this matter stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Was a retrial the best outcome for today or could he have been found innocent?
    I think a retrial is the best option.
    I've thought from day one that the girl was nothing more than a cheap slut who seen a way to make a quid.
    Hopefully the fresh evidence will prove me right.

At the end of the day people don't need to apologise because he was found guilty, but now he has been found innocent they need to change their opinion on him. Personally I always thought he was innocent good on him, Slade sign him up lol

What if they send him down again after retrial lol

Surely he will be in for a large compensation package after this?

Adam Johnson was still able to play whilst awaiting trial. I think a few lower clubs might take a chance on Evans here, even whilst awaiting his trial.
    Yes, but his club was critisised for doing so.
    No point in offering him a contract with a couple of weeks to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I would now expect them to apologise.
    For what? He's still a scumbag. It's not like he wasn't there. He's just not "technically" a rapist. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    For what? He's still a scumbag. It's not like he wasn't there. He's just not "technically" a rapist. Maybe.
    Same as you are "technically" not a a rapist. Maybe.

Oh dear how dull are you . She was willing for a portion and he scored. He is a shagger not a rapist .

That's a pathetic comment NYCBlue. Morally, I suspect most people would criticise him, however there is a huge difference between being morally deficient and a rapist. If you don't know that then you really should keep quiet

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    That's a pathetic comment NYCBlue. Morally, I suspect most people would criticise him, however there is a huge difference between being morally deficient and a rapist. If you don't know that then you really should keep quiet
    Pathetic? Really?

I wonder how many on here would be defending him if was English.

Excellent news. You only had to read the details of the case to realise he was stitched up. His behaviour was not particularly edifying, but rape it most definitely was not. The sad thing is he's lost 3 prime years of of a career that critically demands youth and fitness. I trust the baying mob is suitably red faced.

Pathetic? Really?

I wonder how many on here would be defending him if was English.
    Yes it is pathetic and it's nothing to do with whether he is Welsh or not. If you have consensual sex with someone does that make you technically a rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBlue View Post
    At the end of the day people don't need to apologise because he was found guilty, but now he has been found innocent they need to change their opinion on him. Personally I always thought he was innocent good on him, Slade sign him up lol
    Agree with the sentiment of this, although he's not been found innocent yet. That will be determined at the trial. We can consider him as being innocent at this moment but thats not the same as being cleared of the charges.

No.

As far as I'm aware, Evans remains an accused rapist who will stand trial for rape at a later date.

So no, not really the same.

Feedback

Yes it is pathetic and it's nothing to do with whether he is Welsh or not. If you have consensual sex with someone does that make you technically a rapist?
    if they are under 16 then yes, technically you are.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue
    No.
    No?

So "technically" you are a rapist?

No?

So "technically" you are a rapist?
    So maybe we are all rapists lol as Ched is as innocent as we are at the current time as he has not been found guilty of anything, NYCBlue sounds like a total idiot.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Agree with the sentiment of this, although he's not been found innocent yet. That will be determined at the trial. We can consider him as being innocent at this moment but thats not the same as being cleared of the charges.
    The need to prove guilt is a fundamental pillar of British law. you cannot say someone is a rapist until they are proved innocent or every male in the country would be one. Everyone is presumed innocent until found guilty by a Jury of his peers. In this case a dodgy verdict has been overturned by an appeal court. Until the retrial takes place he is innocent.
    I think the appeal court justices went for a retrial so that with the new evidence he can be formally acquitted. If the CPS goes to retrial and says it has no new prosecution evidence then the 'Innocent" verdict will be a formality to clear his name.
    Until that happens (or not) you cannot say anyone is an 'Un-convicted' anything. You are talking bollox.
    The only 2 offences I know of where you need to prove your innocence are Vagrancy and carrying an offensive weapon. The former of these 2 charges is about 800 years old and is one of the oldest statute laws in England and Wales

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Excellent news. You only had to read the details of the case to realise he was stitched up. His behaviour was not particularly edifying, but rape it most definitely was not. The sad thing is he's lost 3 prime years of of a career that critically demands youth and fitness. I trust the baying mob is suitably red faced.
    Spot on-always a dubious decision but the do-gooders couldn't wait to stick the knive in.Agree about his behaviour-crass!

Not sure why a re-trial is necessary after the time they took to reach this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBlue View Post
    So maybe we are all rapists lol as Ched is as innocent as we are at the current time as he has not been found guilty of anything, NYCBlue sounds like a total idiot.
    An attention seeker at best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The need to prove guilt is a fundamental pillar of British law. you cannot say someone is a rapist until they are proved innocent or every male in the country would be one. Everyone is presumed innocent until found guilty by a Jury of his peers. In this case a dodgy verdict has been overturned by an appeal court. Until the retrial takes place he is innocent.
    I think the appeal court justices went for a retrial so that with the new evidence he can be formally acquitted. If the CPS goes to retrial and says it has no new prosecution evidence then the 'Innocent" verdict will be a formality to clear his name.
    Until that happens (or not) you cannot say anyone is an 'Un-convicted' anything. You are talking bollox.
    The only 2 offences I know of where you need to prove your innocence are Vagrancy and carrying an offensive weapon. The former of these 2 charges is about 800 years old and is one of the oldest statute laws in England and Wales
    This is spot on!

Also it is very difficult to get a guilty verdict overturned. Once overturned, the CPS must look at the new evidence provided and decide whether or not they have a more than 50% chance of getting a guilty verdict and thus risk huge sums of public money a new court case would cost. Bearing in mind that a court of appeal (3 senior judges) have already decided that the new evidence provided is enough to quash the first verdict.

Feedback

This is spot on!

Also it is very difficult to get a guilty verdict overturned. Once overturned, the CPS must look at the new evidence provided and decide whether or not they have a more than 50% chance of getting a guilty verdict and thus risk huge sums of public money a new court case would cost. Bearing in mind that a court of appeal (3 senior judges) have already decided that the new evidence provided is enough to quash the first verdict.
    if it goes to retrial, what judge is going to look at the new evidence and not throw it out? his superior appeal court judges have already decided it makes the first verdict unsafe hence its going to be a brave judge to go against a superior courts opinion regarding evidence