+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negativity on here is rife

Negativity on here is rife

This season we have beaten Middlesborough. ..Brighton...Derby...drawn twice against Burnley..drawn against Wednesday.
    Although it's unlikely to even qualify for the playoffs...and then win them, stranger things have happened over the years.
    A bit of positively and belief wouldn't go amiss.
    Ken

Re: Negativity on here is rife

I don't really know how to respond to that.

Of course we're still in with a shout, but I think a lot of people expect us to close our eyes to our short comings as a football team and the failings of our manager.

Yesterday was very very poor, but can we make it?
    Of course, if we win next week then I think we'll become the favourites to make the play offs.

I would probably be more supportive of Slade if I knew he'd be gone next season but the thought of seeing this guy have a 2 year contract and a transfer kitty in the summer frightens me to death!

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    This season we have beaten Middlesborough. ..Brighton...Derby...drawn twice against Burnley..drawn against Wednesday.
    Although it's unlikely to even qualify for the playoffs...and then win them, stranger things have happened over the years.
    Ken
    I agree that we're a pretty negative bunch, but let's not forget that for most of yesterday were losing to a side, already relegated, reduced to ten men with a 38 year old striker. Yes, we fought back, but needed an injury time pen to get it done.

Its just not good enough.

I will hope until hope is no more but I am very realistic too.

Nobody can fault the effort and spirit of City but it's hard to deny we are not as equipped nor do we have the depth and quality of every side above us. We also don't have the management know how. Yet, to go up, we have to win 4 of the next 5 games against them when we've only managed back to back wins twice all season against all opponents.

I think there's more chance of me having a dirty weekend threesome with Kate Beckinsale and Emma Watson. Or maybe not. ����

Personally it would ruin next season if we got promoted with Slade in charge. I'm positive that we would see fewer one sided games in the Championship with this passive manager.

We might as well rename the club 'Cardiff City Nil' if we got promoted.

Negativity...We are are Cardiff fans it's our right ....and our Duty

Great saying and it could have been written especially for us.....

"It's not the disappointment, it's the hope I can't cope with"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I agree that we're a pretty negative bunch, but let's not forget that for most of yesterday were losing to a side, already relegated, reduced to ten men with a 38 year old striker. Yes, we fought back, but needed an injury time pen to get it done.

We have also taken 10 points from games against Derby, Brighton, Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Burnley fairly recently.

It wasn't great yesterday but we did win the game so I'm not sure why were choosing to read quite so much into it. Over the season we've done enough to give ourselves a shout, whether we like it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

You won. At this stage of the season that's what counts. If Reading were 7th right now our supporters would be really positive. There would no talk of ditching the manager either. If Slade had wasted millions in the transfer market I could understand the negativity. He hasn't though and has had to make cutbacks. In the circs he is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You won. At this stage of the season that's what counts. If Reading were 7th right now our supporters would be really positive. There would no talk of ditching the manager either. If Slade had wasted millions in the transfer market I could understand the negativity. He hasn't though and has had to make cutbacks. In the circs he is doing well.
    We let the 10 men (9.5 really as Heskey was up front) through our defence twice for one-on-ones in the 2nd half that we were extremely fortunate were saved by a brilliant David Marshall.

Forestieri & Hooper should make mincemeat of our defence if they play like that again. That's why we're negative.

I'm amazed how many people think we can go up hillsborough and win as if they haven't seen us play away all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Personally it would ruin next season if we got promoted with Slade in charge. I'm positive that we would see fewer one sided games in the Championship with this passive manager.

We might as well rename the club 'Cardiff City Nil' if we got promoted.
    I hear Guardiola is desperate for us to go up so he gets the chance to meet the great Russell Slade in person and try to tap in to his tactical nouse

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    We let the 10 men (9.5 really as Heskey was up front) through our defence twice for one-on-ones in the 2nd half that we were extremely fortunate were saved by a brilliant David Marshall.

Forestieri & Hooper should make mincemeat of our defence if they play like that again. That's why we're negative.
    Is this the same Shef Wed who couldn't score at home to the mighty MK Dons last week and got hammered at Bristol City a couple of weeks,ago?

What will be will be.
    All we need do is look like we are enjoying it and hang on for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

It's often the same when you look on from the outside though mate.
    I couldn't always see what the big fuss was about regarding Steve Keen at Blackburn or even Martinez at Everton, but when you watch the football week in week out and 80% of fans are saying don't give him a new contract despite the points you have made then something must be wrong.

There is no fluency about our football, and his team selections, tactics (Whittingham and Gunnarsson in a 4-4-2) and substitutions have often hindered rather than helped us.

I think there have been games that have shown that we have a squad that was capable of reaching the play offs comfortably.

I'll give you 2 examples of that. Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday home.
    Against both these sides we were two nil up and cruising, then as soon as their management tinkered with their formations to counter our 4-4-2 he just stood there clueless even though 90% of the crowd could see what was happening.

Brentford home I phoned my mate from the ground to say to him at 65 minutes that Brentford have just changed the formation and you could see them getting a foothold in the game, 25 minutes later it was 2-2 and if Brentford didn't think the job was done they would have got away with a point.

I'm not claiming to be a know it all, far from it. What I am saying is that if a layman like me can see it then someone who is qualified and paid to see it should too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    Negativity...We are are Cardiff fans it's our right ....and our Duty

Great saying and it could have been written especially for us.....

"It's not the disappointment, it's the hope I can't cope with"
    I think that's why Steve is always negative, he just expects the worse now so as not build up any hope at all.

Is this the same Shef Wed who couldn't score at home to the mighty MK Dons last week and got hammered at Bristol City a couple of weeks,ago?
    You really are wasting your breath with some of our fans.Hope springs eternal in my view-I think over the far too many years I have followed this club we have travelled more in hope than expectation.Since the Millennium we have had a golden period which has spoilt some of our fans and they have come to expect success.With what has happened this season I am more than happy that as a club we appear to be on the mend-to be in the race for a play off place after 44 games is something I would have taken at the start of the season.To be in the position we are in off the field is something I would have taken so I struggle to see too much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think that's why Steve is always negative, he just expects the worse now so as not build up any hope at all.

Sorta got a GLASS HALF FULL, with a hole in the bottom, kinda guy.

Sorry mate this was a response for you.

It's often the same when you look on from the outside though mate.
    I couldn't always see what the big fuss was about regarding Steve Keen at Blackburn or even Martinez at Everton, but when you watch the football week in week out and 80% of fans are saying don't give him a new contract despite the points you have made then something must be wrong.

There is no fluency about our football, and his team selections, tactics (Whittingham and Gunnarsson in a 4-4-2) and substitutions have often hindered rather than helped us.

I think there have been games that have shown that we have a squad that was capable of reaching the play offs comfortably.

I'll give you 2 examples of that. Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday home.
    Against both these sides we were two nil up and cruising, then as soon as their management tinkered with their formations to counter our 4-4-2 he just stood there clueless even though 90% of the crowd could see what was happening.

Brentford home I phoned my mate from the ground to say to him at 65 minutes that Brentford have just changed the formation and you could see them getting a foothold in the game, 25 minutes later it was 2-2 and if Brentford didn't think the job was done they would have got away with a point.

I'm not claiming to be a know it all, far from it. What I am saying is that if a layman like me can see it then someone who is qualified and paid to see it should too.

It's the losses against Rotherham, MK Dons etc that has killed our season, this needs to be rectified nxt season if we have any hope of doing well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sorta got a GLASS HALF FULL, with a hole in the bottom, kinda guy.

That's him, trouble is it can rub off sometimes, I tend to have a glimmer of hope because you just never know what's going to happen but he just knocks that out of me with his moaning.

That's him, trouble is it can rub off sometimes, I tend to have a glimmer of hope because you just never know what's going to happen but he just knocks that out of me with his moaning.

I'm a SCREAMER

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'm a SCREAMER
    Steve said you were a glass always empty kinda guy

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Ken
    Ignore the negativity and concentrate on supporting the team. The doom and gloom merchants represent a tiny percentage of the clubs supporter base. Th eoverwhelming majority want us to succeed whoever the manager is

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Ignore the negativity and concentrate on supporting the team. The doom and gloom merchants represent a tiny percentage of the clubs supporter base. Th eoverwhelming majority want us to succeed whoever the manager is
    I agree to a point. I watch Cardiff hoping they will win every game , and if they didnt , why didnt they ? , and hope they will put it right next time if possible.
    I have yet to meet anyone who thinks Slade is our best option for next season. Yesterday the people around me were getting apoplectic about Slade.

Cardiff are no longer an also ran club , why anyone thinks we should be thankful we arent playing in league one is beyond me. A positive outlook is thinking why arent we playing in the premier league. Tan has invested , we have the facilities, we have the team,with our set up anything below the premier league is underachieving although I personally enjoy the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    If you keep saying it enough you might start to believe it