NOT
    http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154915

Re: A suitable job for Malky

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Celtic fans would love him as
    Their manager

NOT
    http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154915
    I just read that , fook he isnt liked. One guy had him down as a sneaky fooker, that is how I see him. He told us the red was fine but when asked if Celtic would change their colours he swiped the question away.

Good news is Celtic board dont give a flying fook what the supporters think or want. Malky could be in with a shout. Good news for Rangers. They would play make your eyes bleed football.

My monies on him going to Forest although if Hull dont go up bruce might vacate and Malky could end up there. Both are owned by foreigners who couldnt give a shit what others might think

International

They may not care what others think, but you can be sure as hell they'll care where their money is going

I have a better one for him, Cardiff City manager, if he was still here we would be mid table in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by cityviking View Post
    I have a better one for him, Cardiff City manager, if he was still here we would be mid table in the prem.
    I doubt that, the writing was on the wall for us way before malky left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt that, the writing was on the wall for us way before malky left.
    Despite not being in the bottom 3.

I think he'd have kept us up that season, but talking about future seasons is really just guessing.

Despite not being in the bottom 3.
    Yes, absolutely.
    We were averaging 0.94 ppg which would have still seen us relegated if we had maintained it, and also we were flattered a bit by the table at that point, our expected goals for/against were already amongst the worst 2 in the league, which suggests we had been a bit fortunate to be out of the bottom 3 until then and were always likely to suffer a dip in form.

if he was still here we would be mid table in the prem.
    That is something we will never know.

Yes, absolutely.
    We were averaging 0.94 ppg which would have still seen us relegated if we had maintained it, and also we were flattered a bit by the table at that point, our expected goals for/against were already amongst the worst 2 in the league, which suggests we had been a bit fortunate to be out of the bottom 3 until then and were always likely to suffer a dip in form.
    Thats your view, personally I couldn't disagree more. He should have been trusted that January and would have kept us up, people quickly forget that for every Cornelius there were 2 Medels or Mutchs

Thats your view, personally I couldn't disagree more. He should have been trusted that January and would have kept us up, people quickly forget that for every Cornelius there were 2 Medels or Mutchs
    If we had 2 medels and mutchs then we may have stayed up tbf. Our best 2 outfield players that season by a country mile.

If we had 2 medels and mutchs then we may have stayed up tbf. Our best 2 outfield players that season by a country mile.
    You need two Mutchs just to have one fit for a full season.

Yes, absolutely.
    We weren't flattered by the table at all. We had only played two of the bottom teams in the division at home in the first half of the season and won them both 1-0. When Mackay left, we still had to entertain West Ham, Norwich, Villa, Hull, Fulham, Palace and Stoke who were all in the relegation mix for much of the season - there's no way we would have seen scores like Cardiff 0 West Ham 2, Cardiff 0 Hull 4, Cardiff 0 Palace 3 with Mackay still in charge.

Also a question for xsnaggle, are you talking about poor signings when you say "but you can be sure as hell they'll care where their money is going" or are you just making the same accusations which first surfaced over two and a half years ago and are still not backed up by any evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing?

Mackay messed up with some poor signings and he was caught making some unfortunate comments which, if we're being honest, have probably been made by virtually everyone over a certain age at some time in their life. That's not to forgive what was said because many of those who had used language like that in the past would not do so now, but it is to put it in a bit of context.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 25-04-16 at 04:06.

unfortunate comments which, if we're being honest, have probably been made by virtually everyone over a certain age at some time in their life. That's not to forgive what was said because many of those who had used language like that in the past would not do so now, but it is to put it in a bit of context.
    What a cop out, most normal people don't talk like that. Especially via their work mobiles and when discussing work.

He was unlucky but he would have been sacked from the majority of jobs if those comments had been found. He proved himself to be ignorant and a bit arrogant with the whole episode. He also played us all like fiddles when leaking Tan's email.

Tan may be a nasty prick but trying to absolve Malky of any wrong doing in this is wrong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a cop out, most normal people don't talk like that. Especially via their work mobiles and when discussing work.

He was unlucky but he would have been sacked from the majority of jobs if those comments had been found. He proved himself to be ignorant and a bit arrogant with the whole episode. He also played us all like fiddles when leaking Tan's email.

Tan may be a nasty prick but trying to absolve Malky of any wrong doing in this is wrong too.
    Didn't think I was trying to absolve him of guilt. Even if most of the really offensive stuff came from Moody, Mackay should have said something to him about it and this is the reason why I don't hold him in anything like the high regard I used to any more.
    However, speaking as someone who will go to the grave calling my local Chinese takeaway a Chinkie, there's so much hypocrisy floating around in this matter. I'm 60 now and I can say that at one time or another in my life, I've used all of those offensive descriptions that appeared in those texts - if people of a similar age are being truly honest, most of them will admit they have as well.
    I accept that it's one thing to have used such language a few decades ago and another to use it these days - Mackay has been paying the price for not realising that for a couple of years now, but there's also a question of degree and context to be considered here.
    I wouldn't want the man back at the club now, but I'll always believe he was a good Cardiff City manager who got more right than he got wrong. After he left, I discovered that he's not a bloke I would particularly want to go out for a drink with, but I daresay the description I've given in this paragraph could apply to many who have did the job before Mackay as well.

ntclick

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Thanks for share imfomation !

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Perhaps he should be looking for a job in North Carolina

He's looking at head of diversity and value for money roles.

International

I'm talking about everything to do with the money - like paying an extraordinary amount of money on a young player like Cornelius when we had just been promoted to the Top flight and needed players who could keep us there, and then saying "He is one for the future.
    The money would have been better spent on "2 for now!"
    There was also the questions about payment to 'scouts', agents fees and various other dealings, which may not be in any way unlawful but put together became a huge amount of money that could have been better spent buying players just to keep us in that division and give us a season or two to consolidate. After all Bournemouth have just managed it without spending a fortune.
    Who is their manager again?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm talking about everything to do with the money - like paying an extraordinary amount of money on a young player like Cornelius when we had just been promoted to the Top flight and needed players who could keep us there, and then saying "He is one for the future.
    The money would have been better spent on "2 for now!"
    There was also the questions about payment to 'scouts', agents fees and various other dealings, which may not be in any way unlawful but put together became a huge amount of money that could have been better spent buying players just to keep us in that division and give us a season or two to consolidate. After all Bournemouth have just managed it without spending a fortune.
    Who is their manager again?
    Malky is the most successful manager this club have had in my lifetime. The onl;y one who got us into the prem. If you are going to talk about his money dealings ..... remember also............

He bought Jordan Mutch for £1m.........we sold him for £4m,
    He bought Ben Turner for £750,000
    He acquired Gunnarson for nothing
    Joe Mason for £300,00 sold for £3m
    Kenny Miller for nothing
    Bellamy for nothing
    Nonne for £1m
    Connolly for £400,00
    Conway for free
    Cowie for nothing
    Taylor for nothing

Promotion also gave us a cheque for £100m from Sky

Think on!!!!!!!

International

I don't dispute the deals you mention, but it still remains that he spent a lot of money that could have been better used too.
    If we get another 'Ambitious young Manager' like some on here want, given the same cheque book would you expect them to do the same kind of things?
    Every manager make good decisions and bad decisions, it is just unfortunate that MMs bad ones were more expensive than his good ones, although some of his good ones made the club money eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't dispute the deals you mention, but it still remains that he spent a lot of money that could have been better used too.
    If we get another 'Ambitious young Manager' like some on here want, given the same cheque book would you expect them to do the same kind of things?
    Every manager make good decisions and bad decisions, it is just unfortunate that MMs bad ones were more expensive than his good ones, although some of his good ones made the club money eventually.
    Nobody disputes that Cornelius was a terrible signing either but all managers get some signings wrong. This was a big mistake from Malky but it shouldn't cloud all the good stuff that the man did at this club