+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GET RID OF SLADE AT END OF SEASON AND TAKE PAUL LAMBERT .....

Re: GET RID OF SLADE AT END OF SEASON AND TAKE PAUL LAMBERT .....

Quote Originally Posted by WINSTON WOLF View Post
    it really is a no brainer , club should say goodbye to slade and take lambert who is far more tactical and football knowledge and really is a man to get us up
    I'd rather Eddie Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I'd rather Eddie Butler
    I'd rather have Stan Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Unrealistic expectations for our club? We aren't the club that came up from the 4th division anymore, we used to be playoffs every season, we had a season in the top flight, sorry, but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to at least challenge in an important game, or to beat teams like MK dons, Rotherham et al. The bloke is not a championship manager.

As I said, many have unrealistic expectations as you have just manage to prove. Since the halcyon days of reaching the playoffs and winning the league the club has been through a lot of negative turmoil. Through a lot of poor decision making before, during and since our brief visit to the "promised land" the club has been torn apart from the inside out. Now on the face of it at last it seems that a lot of the wrongs are being put right and RS who is clearly not a great manager has been a big part of righting the wrongs whilst seemingly having had 1 arm tied behind his back.
    I agree that the challenge we put up in the last few games has been poor, however teams like MK Dons and Rotherham are in this league on merit and to assume we should beat them is naive, especially this season as we are nothing special ourselves. And to your final point, RS is a championship manager, and a top half one at that and if you think he isnt, then what does that make any manager that finishes below 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    RS is a championship manager, and a top half one at that and if you think he isnt, then what does that make any manager that finishes below 8th.
    Do you really think that the position a club finishes is fully indicative of a manager's ability? That's nonsense.

Take manager A. He misses out on the playoffs by a point. The club sells all of its best players and the side gets relegated the season after. Does he then become a much worse manager than before, because by league position he would be.

Take manager B. He's a manager of a bottom half Championship side who then signs for the team in the automatic promotion places. He gets the side promoted. Had he not moved his original side wouldn't have finished in the top half. Would he be a better manager simply because he's joined a club with better players or is his managerial ability unchanged?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you really think that the position a club finishes is fully indicative of a manager's ability? That's nonsense.

Take manager A. He misses out on the playoffs by a point. The club sells all of its best players and the side gets relegated the season after. Does he then become a much worse manager than before, because by league position he would be.

Take manager B. He's a manager of a bottom half Championship side who then signs for the team in the automatic promotion places. He gets the side promoted. Had he not moved his original side wouldn't have finished in the top half. Would he be a better manager simply because he's joined a club with better players or is his managerial ability unchanged?

Of course its not as straight forward as I have suggested , take Colin for arguments sake as he only arrived at the Rotherham fairly recently and has done wonders. Point is that over a full season with us he has put us firmly top half of the league, if your saying a full season isn't reflective of a manager then what is?

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Of course its not as straight forward as I have suggested , take Colin for arguments sake as he only arrived at the Rotherham fairly recently and has done wonders. Point is that over a full season with us he has put us firmly top half of the league, if your saying a full season isn't reflective of a manager then what is?
    I'm saying there are many aspects to defining how good a manager is. A team reaching a certain league position doesn't get there solely due to the manager.

Take two teams - A and B. A spends a lot in wages or transfer fees, B spends little. A finishes well above B in the table. Is that due to the money spent by team A or by the abilities of the manager?
    Another two teams, C and D. C has mainly ex premier league players, while D has mainly players from League One and lower. C finishes one place above D. Is the manager of C better than the manager of D?

I'm saying there are many aspects to defining how good a manager is. A team reaching a certain league position doesn't get there solely due to the manager.

Take two teams - A and B. A spends a lot in wages or transfer fees, B spends little. A finishes well above B in the table. Is that due to the money spent by team A or by the abilities of the manager?
    Another two teams, C and D. C has mainly ex premier league players, while D has mainly players from League One and lower. C finishes one place above D. Is the manager of C better than the manager of D?
    WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by BrennanHuff View Post
    WTF??

What he's saying is ABCD are teams and if the ABCD spent different amounts on players and some of these players were better paid than other players then these players might finish above the lesser paid players.

Also if some of these players from teams ABCD were from the lower leagues and not as good as the players from higher leagues, then is it the players or the managers of teams ABCD who are better.

See simples.

PS:------ I haven't got a clue what he's on about, but he knows his/her alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What he's saying is ABCD are teams and if the ABCD spent different amounts on players and some of these players were better paid than other players then these players might finish above the lesser paid players.

Also if some of these players from teams ABCD were from the lower leagues and not as good as the players from higher leagues, then is it the players or the managers of teams ABCD who are better.

See simples.

PS:------ I haven't got a clue what he's on about, but he knows his/her alphabet.
    So is Slade manager ABCD? Or is he manager E? I'm still confused!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'd rather have Stan Butler.
    I hate you Butler

Too bad we have Blakey for an owner. He'll never get Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by WINSTON WOLF View Post
    it really is a no brainer , club should say goodbye to slade and take lambert who is far more tactical and football knowledge and really is a man to get us up
    Get rid of Slade yes but Lambert is now damaged goods.