+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season ended - football threads increased!

Season ended - football threads increased!

It's worth looking on this board now for thoughtful and carefully composed posts about who should be our next manager, or indeed whether we should dismiss the current incumbent.

Do I sense a degree of relief that we didn't get into the play-offs?

Re: Season ended - football threads increased!

Not from me, but it's time to look forward now.
    Hopefully a quick decision made so we can move on and have something extra to look forward to for next season

I don't really know how to explain my feelings.
    If missing out on the play offs mean a new man at the helm with fresh ideas and a vision for the football club then I'm happy. If we miss out on the play offs and keep Slade or get in another dinosaur then I'll be gutted.

It's great to see more football threads on here for whatever reason.

I think a lot of people who were on the other board didn't bother to re register when the board changed and a few new football posters decided to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't really know how to explain my feelings.
    If missing out on the play offs mean a new man at the helm with fresh ideas and a vision for the football club then I'm happy. If we miss out on the play offs and keep Slade or get in another dinosaur then I'll be gutted.

It's great to see more football threads on here for whatever reason.

I think a lot of people who were on the other board didn't bother to re register when the board changed and a few new football posters decided to sign up.
    We don't seem to have the usual suspects derailing every thread with their clever dick answers like the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    It's worth looking on this board now for thoughtful and carefully composed posts about who should be our next manager, or indeed whether we should dismiss the current incumbent.

Do I sense a degree of relief that we didn't get into the play-offs?

I was gutted yesterday but not surprised.

The last few weeks has been akin to the undertaker putting the nails in Slades coffin.

He came up short when the BIG questions were asked.

Banned

Seeing as Slade will still be our manager next season the majority of "football threads" are not even worth looking at.

How strange,

A clever-dick answer like the old board.

He wouldn't like a football thread, though, since he will not discuss football. No wonder he dislikes the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Seeing as Slade will still be our manager next season the majority of "football threads" are not even worth looking at.
    If he is he wont last a strawberry season ...........Mr Slade...........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If he is he wont last a strawberry season ...........Mr Slade...........
    There are 24 clubs trying to get promoted and only 3 will make it, so the chances of success are not very good no matter who is the manager. This is not Scottish football where there are only 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    There are 24 clubs trying to get promoted and only 3 will make it, so the chances of success are not very good no matter who is the manager. This is not Scottish football where there are only 2 teams.
    With your small time mentality our club will never get back into the big time Mr Slade.

Your time would be better spent having a look at our youth rather than posting on a message board as 3 different people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    With your small time mentality our club will never get back into the big time Mr Slade.

Your time would be better spent having a look at our youth rather than posting on a message board as 3 different people.
    Never get back into the big time like we were regulars If you are looking for a club that's going to guarantee you success may I suggest you look else where.

Was I surprised we rolled over with barely a whimper yesterday? No.
    Disappointed?
    Not really tbh. It would've been delaying the inevitable and in any case, I can't say I enjoyed our season in the prem anyway

In all seriousness it's great to see so much football debate on here lately.

The board may be quieter but there is far more football discussion.