+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Corbyn fan Charlotte Church backing Plaid Cymru today

Corbyn fan Charlotte Church backing Plaid Cymru today

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...jeremy-7903982

Bit of a surprise this but long term Corbyn fan Charlotte Church is backing Plaid Cymru in today's election, despite getting loads of grief from Labour lovies.

Further proof that Welsh Labour is moribund while Plaid is seen as the party with more energy and innovation.

Well done for not following the crowd Charlotte - pity that couldn't be said for the majority of Welsh voters.

Re: Corbyn fan Charlotte Church backing Plaid Cymru today

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy View Post

Bit of a surprise this but long term Corbyn fan Charlotte Church is backing Plaid Cymru in today's election, despite getting loads of grief from Labour lovies.

Further proof that Welsh Labour is moribund while Plaid is seen as the party with more energy and innovation.

Well done for not following the crowd Charlotte - pity that couldn't be said for the majority of Welsh voters.

I followed a crowd and I ended up in Tesco. (Max Boyce circa 1970's)

She is making a distinction between voting between local and national elections. Nowt wrong with that. I consider myself a Labour supporter but vote for other parties depending on the type of Election..In the European Election I vote Green.

It's no biggie. Charlotte is a leftie and Plaid are in my view left of Labour. Good luck to them.

In her own words.

Charlotte Church ‏@charlottechurch 6h6 hours ago
    There's a difference between Welsh politics and UK politics guys.....

Charlotte ChurchVerified account
    ‏@charlottechurch
    ITS THE WELSH ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS!!!!! CARWYN JONES IS LEADER OF WELSH LABOUR NOT CORBYN!!!! I still also support Corbyn . Razzzzzz people.

Nice to see you're thinking for yourself and not using such a well-worn and presumptuous generalisation.

I'm going over shortly, PC will be getting my vote for the 1st time, Labour has dragged Wales down for far too long, and our results in key area's against our English counterparts are shocking, my lad will also be walking over with us and has an open mind, I'm sure I will be able to steer him towards PC before we get to the box, not sure about my Doris other than it'll not be Tory.
    Last edited by Heathblue; 05-05-16 at 17:24.

I wanted to vote Plaid today until I realised that all I'd be doing is making a Tory victory more likely by denying Labour a vote.

It's a bummer that this is the democracy we get, having to vote for a party you don't really like, in the hope that the party you really don't like won't get in.

I voted for the party I believe in, the party I want to see in power. I'm not interested in the other parties or tactical voting of playing games, so I just voted for the party I want to win.

That's democracy. Proper democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I wanted to vote Plaid today until I realised that all I'd be doing is making a Tory victory more likely by denying Labour a vote.

It's a bummer that this is the democracy we get, having to vote for a party you don't really like, in the hope that the party you really don't like won't get in.
    luckily you have a second vote. But I agree with elysium, you should vote for who you want in, not against the one you don't. Democracy doesn't work when that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    luckily you have a second vote. But I agree with elysium, you should vote for who you want in, not against the one you don't. Democracy doesn't work when that's the case.
    That depends. If you dislike the thought of another party so much that you vote in the best way you can go stop them getting in you are using your vote tactically. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I voted for the party I believe in, the party I want to see in power. I'm not interested in the other parties or tactical voting of playing games, so I just voted for the party I want to win.

That's democracy. Proper democracy.
    Which exists in a surrounding case where before the last GE a young Tory stated in the Mail that she would not vote because her area would be Tory whatever and she could not be bothered.

Proper democracy is where every vote matters as much as the next and we do not yet have that, but the only way to ensure that is for those believing in a smaller party to vote for that smaller party.

I live in London so won't be voting in the Welsh Assembly elections. Fascinated to see that Plaid have such a following on here. That would be the same Plaid Cymru that wants to put a total ban on fracking in Wales, even though it is estimated that in the old coal mining areas of Wales, the value of the shale gas residing there is about £70bn - roughly double Wales' GDP.. But what value the odd billion quid, compared to the opportunity to show off your green credentials to the world? We don't need the money do we?

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I live in London so won't be voting in the Welsh Assembly elections. Fascinated to see that Plaid have such a following on here. That would be the same Plaid Cymru that wants to put a total ban on fracking in Wales, even though it is estimated that in the old coal mining areas of Wales, the value of the shale gas residing there is about £70bn - roughly double Wales' GDP.. But what value the odd billion quid, compared to the opportunity to show off your green credentials to the world? We don't need the money do we?
    Yes it's the same PC