+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manics euro2016 video on WoL at 9 this morning.

Re: Manics euro2016 video on WoL at 9 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Now just bloody hang on a minute! Neil "Brown envelope" Hamilton insists he's as Welsh as Owain Glyndwr, cut him open and he'll bleed cawl etc

I'm genuinely surprised by how bad the Manics song is. I expected it to be poor, but it's just plain embarrassing.

The FAW should have got these people involved instead......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVKirKOMX1E

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised by how bad the Manics song is. I expected it to be poor, but it's just plain embarrassing.

The FAW should have got these people involved instead......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVKirKOMX1E
    They weren't happy that I was working in the building behind them the day they were recording that and kept on chanting all things city at their studio as they tried to sing

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The Manic Street Preachers are football fans
    Bradfield supports Forest, Moore supports Liverpool and Wire supports Spurs
    fair play ... all suburbs of the Blackwood conurbation or its hinterland ..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Manic Street Preachers (feat. Rob Phillips)

Quote Originally Posted by *** G L O V E S *** View Post

A band that has been bleating the same old dirge for 20 years, times have moved on but bands like this just play the same old crap over and over, The 1975 show tired acts like this up, as for the song I lasted 40 seconds and heard enough, terrible.

Against the flow, but I quite like it.

I love it. Sure it's a bit cheesy but I'm sure our word cup one will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Last edited by Mrs Steve R; 12-05-16 at 23:12. Reason: no idea

Good tune.
    Absolutely shite stereotypical football song lyrics.
    I really would have expected better from the manics.

Embarrassing.
    Plastic Spurs, Liverpool and Forest fans jumping on the bandwagon.
    Unfortunately there'll be a few like them in France too.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Embarrassing.
    Plastic Spurs, Liverpool and Forest fans jumping on the bandwagon.
    Unfortunately there'll be a few like them in France too.
    Jumping on the bandwagon? It's their country you ****ing berk you can't jump on the band wagon you're stuck with it.

They've been going to watch Wales for a long time too ffs

A shocking song from a overrated pub band, they've just ripped the background commentary from Footballs Coming Home and then added their trademark dated sound, so predictable and crap.

Some elements written by the Manics and, it seems, some written by Jamie Fox but overall, with the video showing the Welsh fans together after many years of painful moments, it's something that I can treasure.

Did I hear that the SFA are playing in France during the tournament? I may prefer Fire in my heart as the unofficial Welsh Euro's song.

I think on repeat listening it improves, once I stopped cringing at the Ramsey and bale bits it's actually not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Jumping on the bandwagon? It's their country you ****ing berk you can't jump on the band wagon you're stuck with it.

He's got a point though.

Plenty of Welsh people spend their time 'supporting' English club sides, then proclaim themselves proud Welshmen.

Bit like the stereotypical egger pulling on his Wales jersey and telling people how much he hates the English on the Saturday followed by a Sunday cheering on his beloved Liverpool. (Been a scouser all my life see butt)

Anyway let's not get dragged down in the detail, let's just all come together with a few weeks to go and agree that the song is a bag of shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    He's got a point though.

Plenty of Welsh people spend their time 'supporting' English club sides, then proclaim themselves proud Welshmen.

Bit like the stereotypical egger pulling on his Wales jersey and telling people how much he hates the English on the Saturday followed by a Sunday cheering on his beloved Liverpool. (Been a scouser all my life see butt)

Anyway let's not get dragged down in the detail, let's just all come together with a few weeks to go and agree that the song is a bag of shite.
    Who gives a shit though? I'd rather everyone support their local team but the way everyone holds it up as a huge achievement to lord over anyone who just likes watching football on sky is just boring.

I've got plenty of mates who have Wales season tickets but support English teams, I don't see why people keep on about it.

I thought the best bit of it was a bog standard "C'mon Wales" chant you can get behind a bit if you're feeling bright and positive and happy (and possibly drunk).

Aside from that, having being excited and happy going to put it on to play, finding it quite upbeat I found myself suprisingly and upsettingly depressed as it walked me through the worst bits of Welsh football, it actually seems to achieve the opposite effect to what these type of songs are aiming for - you actually start despairing at just how crap we've been, and remembering you've learnt not to be too hopeful.

When it does manage to uplift and carry you away into a chorus - you think it's about to burst into "C'mon Wales" it actually goes "So c'mon Ramsey" -- (as if he's a one man team) and then as if the squad needs reminding, we're told with Gareth Bale we can beat any side - (i think most noticable is the unsaid in this - without Bale, we're a very beatable side.)

Who gives a shit though? I'd rather everyone support their local team but the way everyone holds it up as a huge achievement to lord over anyone who just likes watching football on sky is just boring.

I've got plenty of mates who have Wales season tickets but support English teams, I don't see why people keep on about it.
    People can support who they like. It's a free country.

I just find it hypocritical when you get people proclaiming to be passionately Welsh when they support Liverpool or Man U.

As I say though, each to their own. If everyone from South Wales supported Cardiff or Swansea then there wouldn't be enough tickets to go round so I guess the plastics are doing us a favour.

Some Welsh people are from no nearer Cardiff or Swansea than they are wolves, villa or Liverpool.

Supporting an English team doesn't make you any less Welsh, don't get me started on people who "hate" the English that's even more pathetic.

you do realise he mentioned " Jumping on the bandwagon " to bring Ash into the discussion

Like it, done well in mixing in songs that have been sung over the campaign. Got goosebumps thinking about the Euros now.

WALES

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Where?