+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Well well well - who who have guess this - NET migration hits a record HIGH of 330.000 ?

Re: Well well well - who who have guess this - NET migration hits a record HIGH of 330.000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36382199 BBC have just published the official figures.

Net migration to the UK rose to 333,000 in 2015, according to the Office for National Statistics estimates - the second highest figure on record.
    Net migration is the difference between the number of people coming to the UK for at least a year and those leaving.
    The net migration figure for EU citizens was 184,000 - a record number.

So then 'Call me Dave' Cameron what was it you promised getting NET immigration down to the tens of thousands, how is that policy going.

Put this across the country and with a NET increase of 330,000 that is a city the size of Oxford - PER YEAR.

Anyone have any solution to this ?
    You've only gone and done it , heard it this morning but decided to let it roll as the funboy three would be seething
    back in 10 page time

Re: Well well well - who who have guess this - NET migration hits a record HIGH of 330.000 ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36382199 BBC have just published the official figures.

Net migration to the UK rose to 333,000 in 2015, according to the Office for National Statistics estimates - the second highest figure on record.
    Net migration is the difference between the number of people coming to the UK for at least a year and those leaving.
    The net migration figure for EU citizens was 184,000 - a record number.

So then 'Call me Dave' Cameron what was it you promised getting NET immigration down to the tens of thousands, how is that policy going.

Put this across the country and with a NET increase of 330,000 that is a city the size of Oxford - PER YEAR.

Anyone have any solution to this ?
    Stop bombing other countries and creating refugees would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    100% wholeheartedly.

OK I've stopped. What's next?

Which EU countries are we bombing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Which EU countries are we bombing?
    Are you saying that the bombing of non EU countries does n`t have an effect on EU countries ?
    And nobody is bombing on my behalf so it`s not "WE"

180,000 from inside the EU, is that a lot? Serious question but is that an unsustainable level as it seems actually lower than I'd expect.

I mean it's appears to be a minimal percentage when comparing it with the overall population.

Also it would be interesting to know how many of these are economic migrants that provide a positive net gain to the economy and do skilled jobs that we need filled.

so much for controlled immigration, get out of the eu or cameron will be sat there like king canute trying to hold back the tide.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    so much for controlled immigration, get out of the eu or cameron will be sat there like king canute trying to hold back the tide.
    Even out of the EU half of those people would still have been able to come to the EU. There might be many reasons to leave the EU but for me immigration isn't an actual one, it's being used as a media tool to capture the imagination of people who aren't as interested in the actual benefits of staying or going.

Immigration should have better controls but that's neither here nor there when considering the big issues of the brexit.

The UK is a victim of it's relative economic success as a pull factor for economic migrants from inside the EU
    and from further afield.
    We also have a reputation worldwide for fair play and tolerance ( though not by some on this MB ).

A shame some xenophobic little englanders don't show a little more tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    The UK is a victim of it's relative economic success as a pull factor for economic migrants from inside the EU
    and from further afield.
    We also have a reputation worldwide for fair play and tolerance ( though not by some on this MB ).

A shame some xenophobic little englanders don't show a little more tolerance.
    translated britain is a soft touch when it comes down to immigration. and does not impose enough stringent measures like the aussies or canadians do. therefore half of eastern europe and elsewhere can come over and fill their boots.

I didnt look closely at the full report - there are 2 things here, uncontrolled immigration is not sustainable. Economic migration is ok - as long as they have a job sponsor that is in place. I worked in Australia for 2 years - a long time ago - and I needed to have a job lined up to go to - plus a job sponsor / guarantor - I was also on a fixed term 5 year permit - after fix I had to either re apply or leave the country.
    We dont have that sort of system here.
    This is almost exactly what we have here for non-EU people who want to work in the UK.

translated britain is a soft touch when it comes down to immigration. and does not impose enough stringent measures like the aussies or canadians do. therefore half of eastern europe and elsewhere can come over and fill their boots.
    But only 180,000 came last year, how does this fit into your simplistic narrative?

I didnt look closely at the full report - there are 2 things here, uncontrolled immigration is not sustainable. Economic migration is ok - as long as they have a job sponsor that is in place. I worked in Australia for 2 years - a long time ago - and I needed to have a job lined up to go to - plus a job sponsor / guarantor - I was also on a fixed term 5 year permit - after fix I had to either re apply or leave the country.
    We dont have that sort of system here.
    We do have exactly those systems here for half of those migrants mentioned in your headline.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is almost exactly what we have here for non-EU people who want to work in the UK.

i guess you are talking Economic migrants who go through the proper channels and work legit

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    But only 180,000 came last year, how does this fit into your simplistic narrative?
    is that legally or illegally ?

Legally as they were from the eu

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

i guess you are talking Economic migrants who go through the proper channels and work legit

Yes blue matthew you are quite correct, that is what I'm talking about.

I'm sure there's lots of people who don't fit into that category although I don't know any personally. But I do know plenty of people who have gone through the proper channels and it's tough and stressful, and pretty much as ninian described the Aussie process was like.

Do you think that if we leave the EU we will suddenly be able to fund our border agency more effectively?

The only way we can sensibly keep the population at an acceptable level if we stay in the Euro and keep our immigration doors wide open is a cull.
    Start with the extremely thick, people like Chris with a minus IQ .

Problem sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The only way we can sensibly keep the population at an acceptable level if we stay in the Euro and keep our immigration doors wide open is a cull.
    Start with the extremely thick, people like Chris with a minus IQ .

Problem sorted.
    How do we know that this net migration of 330,000 isn't just Leeds fans from around the globe being drawn to their spiritual home? The simple answer is to destroy Leeds.

How do we know that this net migration of 330,000 isn't just Leeds fans from around the globe being drawn to their spiritual home? The simple answer is to destroy Leeds.
    If the cap fits .......

Do you think that if we leave the EU we will suddenly be able to fund our border agency more effectively?
    its a bit like trying to shut the stable door after the horse as bolted , britain cannot cope with the influx of migrants at the rate they are coming in every year , the only option is to drastically reduce the numbers that are allowed to come in with far stricter controls. the truth is this government dont have a clue how many immigrants are over here legally or otherwise.

many immigrants have entered britain over the years, when controls were to put it mildly relaxed, there are thousands over here who have entered illegally and do not have proper documentation.

its a bit like trying to shut the stable door after the horse as bolted , britain cannot cope with the influx of migrants at the rate they are coming in every year , the only option is to drastically reduce the numbers that are allowed to come in with far stricter controls. the truth is this government dont have a clue how many immigrants are over here legally or otherwise.

many immigrants have entered britain over the years, when controls were to put it mildly relaxed, there are thousands over here who have entered illegally and do not have proper documentation.
    well done for not answering the question

Or cull the extremely dense.

Its OK Chris you wouldn't understand.

Just get in line.