+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

There is no greater turn off in politics than listening to politicians spout to one ,what to or not do. In the case of the right sided politicians ,you have loons like Farage , Boris , Gove ,William Rees - Mogg , John Redwood , who in their right mind would be guided by their advise ?? when its plain to see thye are suing this as an internal power struggle within the Tory party , and bugger all to do with our best interest , Brexit is just the vehicle .

Just imagine out of Europe , Boris as PM , Gove as his deputy , Redwood as foreign Secretary and Mogg as the Chancellor, and with the the current loopy ( 70's style ) left as the effective opposition . Bloody hell save us all , give me a crap Europe union over any of the above, at least it keeps a tight reign on them .
    Last edited by life on mars; 29-05-16 at 19:29.

Re: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    There is no greater turn off in politics than listening to politicians spout to one ,what to or not do. In the case of the right sided politicians ,you have loons like Farage , Boris , Gove ,William Rees - Mogg , John Redwood , who in their right mind would be guided by their advise ?? when its plain to see thye are suing this as an internal power struggle within the Tory party , and bugger all to do with our best interest , Brexit is just the vehicle .

Just imagine out of Europe , Boris as PM , Gove as his deputy , Redwood as foreign Secretary and Mogg as the Chancellor, and with the the current loopy ( 70's style ) left as the effective opposition . Bloody hell save us all , give me a crap Europe union over any of the above, at least it keeps a tight reign on them .

Go on then i'll bite
    Were gunna lose all our jobs
    Our house prices are gunna crash
    Our pensions will disappear
    We'll no longer be safe,
    Our currency will crash
    Easy Jet will hike their prices
    We;ll not be allowed to trade with anyone

#project fear
    Just call me Dave
    Last edited by Heathblue; 29-05-16 at 19:47.

I'm an undecided at the moment, in fact I'm about 70% in 25% out and I'd be about 50/50 if it wasn't for all the Brexit nutters. Other than Boris, who at least can crack a joke, there's no one I would want to have a pint with or share a lift/meal/conversation etc, they're all nut jobs.
    There are lots of nut jobs on the "in" side too but not all as certifiable as The Brexit lot

Don't forget we were much much better off before we joined the Common Market.......oh! Sick man of Europe anybody?
    As you say this is all about the bloody Tory party and the right wing hangers and floggers trying to take control. Just look at the names you mentioned. They are a repellant bunch. You missed off one of the worst. That Kent Ian Duncan Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    And remember it's not about the economics it's much much more important than that. Business will tell you they dont like change - and the only thing they care about is the end of year profit.

Remember when Tony Blair told you there were WMD in Iraq, and then George Bush told us they had WMD - and they had the proof, then Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice . said they had them. Both Labour and the Tories told us they WMD and could land them on the West in 45 minutes , then the Coalition of the Willing told us about Saddams WMD and how we must act immediately - remember ALL the other countries, PM's , Presidents and Generals that told you we had to act against WMD - I BELIEVED THEM ALL - WHY WOULD THEY LIE ? THEY CANT ALL BE LYING SURELY ????

There were only a few nutters and odd bods like Robin Cook and Dr David Kelly who said they didnt exist - I thought they were nutters and loons to - as it turns out it was the other way around - you were fooled and lied to before.
    Mrs R in

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Mrs R in

:fingers: I'm busy on the decks

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Go on then i'll bite
    Were gunna lose all our jobs
    Our house prices are gunna crash
    Our pensions will disappear
    We'll no longer be safe,
    Our currency will crash
    Easy Jet will hike their prices
    We;ll not be allowed to trade with anyone

#project fear
    Just call me Dave
    Its a case I guess of which loon you trust .

You could do a lot than watch Jeremy Paxman give you an over view of how all the EU bits and bobs fit together - what we can do and what we cant do - and a list of who does what

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...eally-rules-us
    another loon , what she call himself " one nation tory " worrying times, next we will see him on top of tank with a white scarf and googles on as he pushes those bad old chaps back into the hinterland

Its a case I guess of which loon you trust .
    This is correct, I choose not to trust those loons who approved and sanctioned war and the mass killings, resulting in a Europe we have now, joining the EU was never marketed about acts of agression against countries who have heads of state not approved!. joining the EU or common market as it was known at the time was about common policies and not politics, we'll not be allowed to leave anyway irrespective of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    This is correct, I choose not to trust those loons who approved and sanctioned war and the mass killings, resulting in a Europe we have now, joining the EU was never marketed about acts of agression against countries who have heads of state not approved!. joining the EU or common market as it was known at the time was about common policies and not politics, we'll not be allowed to leave anyway irrespective of the vote.
    You're avatar makes you look a loon btw. Scarf upside down ffs.

I have been asking my customers over the last 2 weeks

its been interesting to say the least

If you read the posts on here you would be sensible to think that its not worth bothering to vote if you want " out " as the " in " vote is way ahead, from speaking to my customers, it not so clear cut, now these range in a broad spread, from 1 mill plus houses to small 2 bed estate houses

Blog Entries

And remember it's not about the economics it's much much more important than that. Business will tell you they dont like change - and the only thing they care about is the end of year profit.

Remember when Tony Blair told you there were WMD in Iraq, and then George Bush told us they had WMD - and they had the proof, then Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice . said they had them. Both Labour and the Tories told us they WMD and could land them on the West in 45 minutes , then the Coalition of the Willing told us about Saddams WMD and how we must act immediately - remember ALL the other countries, PM's , Presidents and Generals that told you we had to act against WMD - I BELIEVED THEM ALL - WHY WOULD THEY LIE ? THEY CANT ALL BE LYING SURELY ????

There were only a few nutters and odd bods like Robin Cook and Dr David Kelly who said they didnt exist - I thought they were nutters and loons to - as it turns out it was the other way around - you were fooled and lied to before.
    Some people have very short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    You're avatar makes you look a loon btw. Scarf upside down ffs.
    What does that have to do with the price of fish?

When I look at those individuals you list, I think there's no way I'm going to put myself on the same side as that lot. However, the remain campaign started very poorly and has got worse, with it's daily pronouncements on what will go wrong with the country if we vote to leave (I'm just waiting for the plague of locusts and the slaying of first born sons!). If leaving the EU was really as disastrous as call me Dave, Gideon etc. keep on telling us it is, surely even the loons you list would realise it?

I believe there are millions like me in this country who feel completely let down by the campaign so far. I've my own vague gut instinct to go on and the campaign has done nothing whatsoever to change it - it's a huge decision we've got to make in just over three weeks time and yet the two sides have been of no help whatsoever, it's been like preparing for a philosophy exam by watching endless Tom and Jerry cartoons.

I havent heard one world renowned financial guru say anything other than remain. Also I cant see any reason whatsoever that they have any motivation to influence the result other than genuine belief. On the other hand the leave camp are pursuing their own ambitions!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When I look at those individuals you list, I think there's no way I'm going to put myself on the same side as that lot. However, the remain campaign started very poorly and has got worse, with it's daily pronouncements on what will go wrong with the country if we vote to leave (I'm just waiting for the plague of locusts and the slaying of first born sons!). If leaving the EU was really as disastrous as call me Dave, Gideon etc. keep on telling us it is, surely even the loons you list would realise it?

I believe there are millions like me in this country who feel completely let down by the campaign so far. I've my own vague gut instinct to go on and the campaign has done nothing whatsoever to change it - it's a huge decision we've got to make in just over three weeks time and yet the two sides have been of no help whatsoever, it's been like preparing for a philosophy exam by watching endless Tom and Jerry cartoons.
    Unless leaving is life-changing, it's best we stay in, as the biggest unknown is being out, I think trade, security, continued healthy Welsh funding arethe key factors for me, and I guess leaving would not hurt the life or pockets of Boris, Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderbankk View Post
    BIG TICK to that post!

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    BIG TICK to that post!
    Over the past few weeks the odds for remain have been shortening every day. However over the past week with some polls showing a neck and neck race pollsters are just beginning to lengthen those odds. It's far from over.

I'm probably voting in.

But I am wondering that if well be so much worse off if we leave, why do the French and German governments care so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post

why do the French and German governments care so much.
    this has been mentioned before, why are they so desperate for us to stay in, is it if we leave, the french and Germans will be asking for a vote ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I'm probably voting in.

But I am wondering that if well be so much worse off if we leave, why do the French and German governments care so much.
    They don't - they didn't let us win the Eurovision Song Contest. Landslide stay vote if they had.

The Remain camp have given facts and figures and all the Leave camp have done is shout nonsense and scream about immigration

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this has been mentioned before, why are they so desperate for us to stay in, is it if we leave, the french and Germans will be asking for a vote ? ? ?
    The Dutch will be the next northern European country to have a vote.

Are there actually people out there who're voting on whether to stay in the EU for another generation or two, based on who's in the band of relatively influential/popular 'loons' in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Are there actually people out there who're voting on whether to stay in the EU for another generation or two, based on who's in the band of relatively influential/popular 'loons' in 2016?
    Not at all , I have decided for a safety first vote, with the world markets still uncertain . My point was, I find it very difficult to be persuaded by the no campaigns reasoning which do appear to flow from the dated right wing lunatic fringe ,who base their argruments on prejudices views, rather than that of substance.