+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Re: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I've probably read more books than you've had hot baths, but that aside, high property prices are the most divisive factor between the generations at the moment. We old people benefitted from moderate house prices and were able to estimate approx 4 times salary as being affordable for our first property purchase. You'd be looking at 10 times salary at least these days. Although I'm a property owner, I would welcome a downward adjustment in the whole property market. Why? I have 2 sons in their 20s. By the way if you're going to to reply, kindly remember your manners g'boy.
    10 X your salary is just crazy, of course it just keep the housing market high and creates more demand for rentals

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I always do
    Booooo

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    10 X your salary is just crazy, of course it just keep the housing market high and creates more demand for rentals
    It's more like 12 times - and rising.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...s-house-prices

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It's bloody mad, I made my final payment on my house last month, with 7 years at my previous house, I've been paying a mortgage for 33 years in total, my daughter is OKish and is on the ladder, but my son (23) still lives with us, he earns enough to support himself but, has free board and lodge with us, he'd love to get his own gaff but it just isn't possible for him to do that at the moment, he has a part time job in addition to what he pockets from his music. We enjoy having him home and probably makes it too easy for him not to stretch himself looking for his own place, its all relative but but my 1st house in Moorland road Splott (No. 112) cost £16,250 I could afford to buy that on 2.5 x my salary at the time and 1 x hers, We bought this house for 64,000, we really stretched ourselves to buy it at the time, a big increase in mortgage and my wife gave up work when we moved here as she was preggers with our son, I feel for many of the youngsters, how are they supposed to buy houses today?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's bloody mad, I made my final payment on my house last month, with 7 years at my previous house, I've been paying a mortgage for 33 years in total, my daughter is OKish and is on the ladder, but my son (23) still lives with us, he earns enough to support himself but, has free board and lodge with us, he'd love to get his own gaff but it just isn't possible for him to do that at the moment, he has a part time job in addition to what he pockets from his music. We enjoy having him home and probably makes it too easy for him not to stretch himself looking for his own place, its all relative but but my 1st house in Moorland road Splott (No. 112) cost £16,250 I could afford to buy that on 2.5 x my salary at the time and 1 x hers, We bought this house for 64,000, we really stretched ourselves to buy it at the time, a big increase in mortgage and my wife gave up work when we moved here as she was preggers with our son, I feel for many of the youngsters, how are they supposed to buy houses today?
    I think many people take on huge mortgages but won't pay them off. They will look to sell off when their kids have flown the nest and trade down and pay off their mortgages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think many people take on huge mortgages but won't pay them off. They will look to sell off when their kids have flown the nest and trade down and pay off their mortgages.
    Our home is up for sale at the moment, obviously have been speaking to quite a few estate agents, what you are saying is 100% correct but add on, part of the money made downsizing is given to a son or daughter as a deposit for their house my lads not even keen on this as he realises gas, leccy, food etc. costs!!!!!

Blog Entries

I can't see my daughter ever affording to buy a house either.

Did you see this? it came in to force in March, don't you just love the EU

"Urgent warning: EU remortgage rules could create mortgage prisoners"
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...ges-warning-EU
    Last edited by Mrs Steve R; 02-06-16 at 22:59. Reason: I do what I want, I do what I want, I'm Mrs R and I do what I want \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I can't see my daughter ever affording to buy a house either.

Did you see this? it came in to force in March, don't you just love the EU

"Urgent warning: EU remortgage rules could create mortgage prisoners"
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...ges-warning-EU
    Scaremongering I can remember when getting my 1st mortgage and being wary of taking on too much but many were getting silly mortgages going way over their earnings ratio and there wasn't much regulation of this, in hindsight it was obviously the way to do it. If we chuck away the mentality of being a home ownership nation, rents are at stupid levels.

Re: Where EU Funds are allocated within the UK

But the FACT remains Tommy is that, Wales has been getting 1000 euro extra per head more than many other parts of the UK but the usual suspects still want to blame Westminster when they should be looking at the performance of Welsh Labour cemented in the senedd for the past 18 years.
    You're right. Wales getting into this state is a result of shocking mismanagement from Westminster. Welsh labours failure of getting Wales on the right track and away from needing eu funding is also a massive problem. Hopefully both will be fixed at some stage

Blue in the Face

Micheal Gove. Is there a bigger T.Watt in politics right now?

So it emerges he is on a life long revenge mission with the Brexit thing because he wrongly thinks his old man lost his fishing business in the over fished waters of Scotland. But even his old man disagrees with him!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ssing-aberdeen

And what a moronic hypocrite. He doesn't like government coming from outside of the UK. Yet he is an MP for a constituency in Surrey because he knows full well that no sane person in Scotland would ever vote for the pr1ck.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think there will be a general election after this in Sept/ Nov time whatever the result tomorrow. So you can have your vote in that.
    Why would there be a GE so soon?

Alternatively, they have put all the "nasties" on the same team to make you vote remain?

If we exit there will most certainly be a general election, so basically you've been conned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Alternatively, they have put all the "nasties" on the same team to make you vote remain?

If we exit there will most certainly be a general election, so basically you've been conned
    "The cruel trick that means however you vote on the EU, we’re all screwed"
    http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/21/t...ritish-public/

I see things a bit different to Kerry who wrote that but I agree on the same outcome #screwed