+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So were staying in European Union

So were staying in European Union

Thanks to general Gove (follow me men ) instant appeal on the TV debate, I wouldn't follow him to the bar for a drink ,even if it meant missing out on meeting his equally likeable chums, Boris, Mogg,Redwood and farty Farage.

Re: So were staying in European Union

Give it a rest Phil Connors ffs

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Give it a rest Phil Connors ffs
    Can't get out of the loop, never mind that evil group they call Europe

Re: Corbyn states his case for ..........

Its a strange one with Corbyn.

I can only imagine he's towing the party line through fear of being ousted but if ever there's a time to stand by his principles its now surely?

His silence speaks volumes however

Re: Corbyn states his case for ..........

He was never a euro supporter, well never supported much in my view and looking at his anti voting history in parliament, this hat he currently wears must be tough, wonder if he will vote against himself at any stage.

Blue in the Face

I could understand why Corbyn, or any other MP, or any voter May be conflicted. It may be his desire to leave the EU, but now is definitely the wrong time for that to happen. The economic and global geo-political knock on effects of us leaving are very real.

If we vote to stay in, which I'm not convinced we will, it won't be the end of the issue. It will be a marginal call and the leavers will take this as a mandate to keep banging their drum. Farage will have nothing else to do and will campaign on his one issue until we leave.

I've stayed clear of a lot of media on the subject. While I'm bi-partisan on the issue, I know which way I will vote. So can anyone tell me, have people been making much of the vote date? Putting it in the middle of the Euros could turn out to be very crafty indeed. Cameron did the same kicking of a referendum into the long grass with voting reform - placed a couple of days after the royal jubilee, when the country was at its most conservative, distracted by street parties etc.

There have been many times in history to unite certain parts of Europe. History tells us that it is destined to fail at some point. Though there has never been such a "successful" political allegence as the EU. But I am a believer that for it to fail at this specific point in time could have catastrophic consequences.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 04-06-16 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I could understand why Corbyn, or any other MP, or any voter May be conflicted. It may be his desire to leave the EU, but now is definitely the wrong time for that to happen. The economic and global geo-political knock on effects of us leaving are very real.

If we vote to stay in, which I'm not convinced we will, it won't be the end of the issue. It will be a marginal call and the leavers will take this as a mandate to keep banging their drum. Farage will have nothing else to do and will campaign on his one issue until we leave.

I've stayed clear of a lot of media on the subject. While I'm bi-partisan on the issue, I know which way I will vote. So can anyone tell me, have people been making much of the vote date? Putting it in the middle of the Euros could turn out to be very crafty indeed. Cameron did the same kicking of a referendum into the long grass with voting reform - placed a couple of days after the royal jubilee, when the country was at its most conservative, distracted by street parties etc.

There have been many times in history to unite certain parts of Europe. History tells us that it is destined to fail at some point. Though there has never been such a "successful" political allegence as the EU. But I am a believer that for it to fail at this specific point in time could have catastrophic consequences.
    I hadn't really absorbed the date factor it's well made. I enjoy the political knock about and like you was always going to vote in a way I thought not as you say driven by the media. The only real observation I have viewed is the out camp are a strange bunch,who I struggle to comprehend their one nation views.

Blue in the Face

Haha. The out (campaigning politicians I mean) are a bunch of weirdos. In another era I expect a few of them might've been Enoch Powell types. Though I would never dismiss leave voters as being of the same ilk. I bet a lot of out voters are gutted with their campaign team. It's like having Slade appointed manager with Bobby Gould as director of football.

I had a look at the date of the vote as soon as the referendum was announced. As I was so gutted the way the Tories brilliantly hoodwinked the voting reform referendum amidst the royal Jubilee. Slapping this one in the middle of the Euros could be a master stroke. Though I bet the in campaigners wish England and Wales had drawn other EU member states in their group. I can imagine there being banners from other nations reaching our television screens urging us to stay in. Is there a more loved up European event than this? With terror alerts high as they are, the far right hooligans won't be able to wreck things for this tournament at least. The home nations having a good tournament could have a slight effect on things too.

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Thanks to general Gove (follow me men ) instant appeal on the TV debate, I wouldn't follow him to the bar for a drink ,even if it meant missing out on meeting his equally likeable chums, Boris, Mogg,Redwood and farty Farage.
    With a chance to get our in our hands I would say staying in the EU is a bit like staying on the Titanic when everyone can see the bloody ship is sinking quickly.

Clever line from the twit in the audience last night but anyone can be clever with words.

Few Interesting celebrities for out : Katie Hopkins,Roger Daltry,Botham,Sol Campbell, Michael Caine

Stay in : Emma Thompson,Stephen Hawkins,Karen Brady,Eddie Izzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I listened to Eddie Izzard last week - he is very incorrect on lots of things he said, other than I like the French - was the basis of his argument.
    Think he's keen on ladies french fashion .

Few Interesting celebrities for out : Katie Hopkins,Roger Daltry,Botham,Sol Campbell, Michael Caine

Stay in : Emma Thompson,Stephen Hawkins,Karen Brady,Eddie Izzard.
    Well that impressive list of "leavers" says it all! i am IN.

out is where we are going.http://www.pollstation.uk/eu-referendum/

Just look at the state of those saying to leave, I fear for us all if we had that rabble in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just look at the state of those saying to leave, I fear for us all if we had that rabble in charge.
    Leaving woukd be the buggest mistake in history, just watch the stock markets and foreign exchanges in the wake of any leave vote! Armagheddon !

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Leaving woukd be the buggest mistake in history, just watch the stock markets and foreign exchanges in the wake of any leave vote! Armagheddon !

How many BUGS are coming then.

Can't get out of the loop, never mind that evil group they call Europe
    You are confusing Europe with the EU.Logo_EU_Funding_horizontal_EN.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Leaving woukd be our biggest mistake in history, just watch the stock markets and foreign exchanges in the wake of any leave vote! Armagheddon !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Leaving woukd be our biggest mistake in history, just watch the stock markets and foreign exchanges in the wake of any leave vote! Armagheddon !
    You still can't spell armaggedon though.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    You still can't spell armaggedon though.
    Must be my Abergavenny/Dénia dialect kicking in!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    You are confusing Europe with the EU.Logo_EU_Funding_horizontal_EN.jpg
    I can guarantee one thing, it wouldn't say ""project funded in Wales by Westminster ""