+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ot- brexit thread

Ot- brexit thread

The Washington post seems to think that for tr uk to leave the EU would be insanity.
    The average household having their finances squeezed by $3200 in the next 4 years won't be fun.
    I don't think anyone can accuse this of being scaremongering, as the intended audience aren't able to vote in the referendum!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f2a_story.html

Re: Ot- brexit thread

The only downside of leaving will be handing the tory's a mandate to impose a very harsh budget on the back of the leave vote.

However that will play directly into Labours hands at the next election.

By the way $3200 over 4 years is a tenner a week PER HOUSEHOLD - so a fiver each for me and the mrs, or a pint and a half.

I'd happily pay that to have control over my country,

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Washington post seems to think that for tr uk to leave the EU would be insanity.
    The average household having their finances squeezed by $3200 in the next 4 years won't be fun.
    I don't think anyone can accuse this of being scaremongering, as the intended audience aren't able to vote in the referendum!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f2a_story.html
    Everyone has an agenda though.

Especially the media.

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    The only downside of leaving will be handing the tory's a mandate to impose a very harsh budget on the back of the leave vote.

By the way $3200 over 4 years is a tenner a week PER HOUSEHOLD - so a fiver each for me and the mrs, or a pint and a half.

Um that's 3200 per annum reduction by 2020 not total.
    So £40 a week, I would certainly wince at having to pay that.
    Also it will not play into labour hands, as following a brexit, Scotland will be off and given the constituency reforms the Tories are pushing through it will be near impossible for labour to get in.

Blue in the Face

Also it will not play into labour hands, as following a brexit, Scotland will be off and given the constituency reforms the Tories are pushing through it will be near impossible for labour to get in.
    Yes. I guess Labour would either manouvere back to "New Labour" or the party would split. The choice in Westminster general elections would eventually be like the choice they have in America - right, or, ur right right.

We would never have a left wing government in Wales again, unless we devolved away from Westminster like Scotland.

Ok, you didn't make it clear it was PA in your original post.

The article doesn't actually make any reference to financial impact of staying in- would the economy shrink anyway?

If we do stay in I'd expect UKIP to make progress in the next election, I would have thought that would have been at the expense of the tories more than labour - although I could be wrong.

Ok, you didn't make it clear it was PA in your original post.

The article doesn't actually make any reference to financial impact of staying in- would the economy shrink anyway?

If we do stay in I'd expect UKIP to make progress in the next election, I would have thought that would have been at the expense of the tories more than labour - although I could be wrong.
    The economy could rise or fall to some extent naturally if we stay in, and those effects aren't considered, as this is just looking at the effect of the brexit decision.
    If the economy was going to shrink anyway, that would be on top of this calculation.

The economy could rise or fall to some extent naturally if we stay in, and those effects aren't considered, as this is just looking at the effect of the brexit decision.
    If the economy was going to shrink anyway, that would be on top of this calculation.
    Look we know you want to remain in, I want out, but I am not posting everything that points to gaining if we exit, no one knows what it will be like if we exit, all this bull about the economy, coming from the economists that said we would be in recession for the last two years, it's all gueswork so posting an American paper, is not going to convince me or any other brexit that we should stay in. I have a brain and I am using it to vote out, right or wrong, stop trying to convince me otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Look we know you want to remain in, I want out, but I am not posting everything that points to gaining if we exit, no one knows what it will be like if we exit, all this bull about the economy, coming from the economists that said we would be in recession for the last two years, it's all gueswork so posting an American paper, is not going to convince me or any other brexit that we should stay in. I have a brain and I am using it to vote out, right or wrong, stop trying to convince me otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I like his posts. Everyone is welcome to vote as they wish, and there's nothing wrong with him providing points he thinks are relevant as part of the debate. I'm voting remain but have certainly not closed my mind with regards to the debate.

That is like saying a builder is just guessing how to build a wall. Like it or not, these people are making an observation based on many factors using their experience and knowledge. Forecasts can be wrong, in the same way 'Leave' poster boy Mr Dyson was dead wrong about joining the Euro a few years ago, but they are the best idea we have of life post-brexit...

When we leave the EU and we all ride unicorns to work, Boris the prime minister will stand in the chamber and proudly profess that growth forecasts are up - they won't be a guess then.

First Team

If the UK exits, it will be unambiguously worse off than if it remains. The 99% of economists who are telling you that might be mistaken in terms of the size of the contraction in the economy but they are correct in saying it will contract.

The 1% who are saying it won't have assumed the UK will be able to trade freely afterwards which is plainly nuts. This group are also the same lot that was behind Thatcher's economic agenda. Remember how well that turned out for Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    If the UK exits, it will be unambiguously worse off than if it remains. The 99% of economists who are telling you that might be mistaken in terms of the size of the contraction in the economy but they are correct in saying it will contract.

The 1% who are saying it won't have assumed the UK will be able to trade freely afterwards which is plainly nuts. This group are also the same lot that was behind Thatcher's economic agenda. Remember how well that turned out for Wales?
    Will not be as bad off as America with president Trump, 100% FACT

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Will not be as bad off as America with president Trump, 100% FACT
    Relevance?

Relevance?
    Probably the same as your Relevance to the euro vote.

I believe I'm correct in saying on 30% of the vote went Tory (let alone the eligible vote) which has lead to, for example, horrendous cuts to disabled benefits, except an unelected house of lords blocked it. This happened off the back of dead-cat campaigning which was supported by Aussie media giants.

You do not have a good amount of control over your country. If you want better control over your country then you should campaign and support opening up democracy, which is exactly what those leading the campaign for Brexit don't want.

First Team

Probably the same as your Relevance to the euro vote.
    I wasn't going to vote but you've made up my mind for me. I'm voting "Remain" to cancel yours out.

I wasn't going to vote but you've made up my mind for me. I'm voting "Remain" to cancel yours out.
    Glad to be of service

Glad to be of service
    I've got your back mate!