+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Knew they would cheat to win, but I thought it would be Vardy !

Knew they would cheat to win, but I thought it would be Vardy !

As the ball is played into the box in the 91st minute, an Ingurlund player DIVES (think it's that manure t**t).

The REF should whistle straight away for a free kick to us and book the cheating Ingurlish T**T.

Re: Knew they would cheat to win, but I thought it would be Vardy !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As the ball is played into the box in the 91st minute, an Ingurlund player DIVES (think it's that manure t**t).

The REF should whistle straight away for a free kick to us and book the cheating Ingurlish T**T.
    did you miss the welsh handball in the penalty area , totally agree though vardy was offside for the equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    did you miss the welsh handball, totally agree though vardy was offside for the equaliser.

No he wasn't, you "THICK T**T"

Chris do you understand the rules of the game. Vardy was not offside as the ball came off Ashley Williams.

2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No he wasn't, you "THICK T**T"
    yes he was watch the replay, he was virtually sat on the goalies knee.

dont get upset you will play a good side soon and go out valiantly singing men of harlech.

did you miss the welsh handball in the penalty area , totally agree though vardy was offside for the equaliser.
    Could you please learn the international rules of the game of football before commenting?. Cheers lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Chris do you understand the rules of the game. Vardy was not offside as the ball came off Ashley Williams.
    I wish I could agree with the original comment but sadly our (English) captain played him onside!

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    I wish I could agree with the original comment but sadly our (English) captain played him onside!
    He certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He certainly did.
    both teams are shit, as soon as it gets through to the knockout stages the better.

it was like watching cardiff v reading this afternoon.

yes he was watch the replay, he was virtually sat on the goalies knee.

dont get upset you will play a good side soon and go out valiantly singing men of harlech.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Bless him. He calls himself a football fan and doesn't know the offside rule.
    Chris yes Vardy was in an offside position but the last touch before it came to him was from an opponent so he was no longer offside. Had an England player had the last touch he would have been offside.

Learn the rules sunshine.

Thick as shit.

I did see 5-10 replays of the "handball" in the box but I think it would have been incredibly harsh to give anything as it was purely accidental and made no effect on England's chances of scoring.

We only seem to get one or two replays of another Sterling dive though.

What is the rule for the opponent touching the ball ie: would he still be onside if it's accidently deflected to him? I always thought the opponent had to be in full possession and in control of where the ball is going to make the player actively onside

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What is the rule for the opponent touching the ball ie: would he still be onside if it's accidently deflected to him? I always thought the opponent had to be in full possession and in control of where the ball is going to make the player actively onside
    Wake up Jamie

Of course accidental is ok. You're not going to purposely give the ball to an opponent are you?

Regardless of on/offside, he's still Wilfred brambles lovechild

You're correct. We had a situation against Sunderland in January where the ball ricocheted off a Sunderland player to Angel Rangel who was in an offside position with an open goal in front of him. The ref blew for offside. I think the difference today is the ball didn't deflect off anybody, it was beautifully headed down onto Vardy's instep by Ash. The law is quite clear - Ash played Vardy onside.

Vardy was onside when the cross come in it doesn't matter wether it's a deflection or a perfectly placed header he's onside. Simple.

Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or
    interfering with an opponent or
    gaining an advantage by being in that position
    No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick
    a throw-in
    a corner kick
    Infringements and sanctions

In the event of an offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred (see Law 13 - Position of free kick).

No mention of being played on by an opponent and he did gain an advantage by being in that position.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...jFXCrrQHa7a.99

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    You're correct. We had a situation against Sunderland in January where the ball ricocheted off a Sunderland player to Angel Rangel who was in an offside position with an open goal in front of him. The ref blew for offside. I think the difference today is the ball didn't deflect off anybody, it was beautifully headed down onto Vardy's instep by Ash. The law is quite clear - Ash played Vardy onside.
    I don't know the incident but I expect that the ball was hit from close range at the defender, so the offside was given for the attackers initial forward pass. Not from the deflection. There's nothing in the rules about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or
    interfering with an opponent or
    gaining an advantage by being in that position
    No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick
    a throw-in
    a corner kick
    Infringements and sanctions

In the event of an offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred (see Law 13 - Position of free kick).

No mention of being played on by an opponent and he did gain an advantage by being in that position.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...jFXCrrQHa7a.99
    The ONE OF HIS TEAM bit at the start is the clue. It's general play otherwise.

When is this Leeds twat gonna get banned?

Even though Vardy was not technically offside, I still can't believe the flag didn't go up. Weird.