+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Thought he was way to negative today how he can think we can win games or even get a result by defending for 93 minutes is beyond me against Slovakia we closed them down and pushed up today we just let England have as much time as they wanted today I felt was a free pass and we should've been a lot more aggressive.

Re: Chris Coleman

Totally agree. Too negative and too passive. We invited the pressure and paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Totally agree. Too negative and too passive. We invited the pressure and paid for it.
    My worry now is he might adopt the same tactics against those filthy russkies. I'm also amazed he took Edwards and cotteril over emyr huws

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    My worry now is he might adopt the same tactics against those filthy russkies. I'm also amazed he took Edwards and cotteril over emyr huws
    Yep we must be much more positive against Russia. Agreed about Huws too.I would also have King ahead of Edwards.

Blue in the Face

Harsh on Coleman.

Edwards has one top drawer element to his game which is his positional sense on and off the ball. At the time he looked like the right type of body to see the game out. But alas he wasn't as impressive as he was against the Slovaks. Unusually, Joe Allen didn't really show us the kind of performance he's given Wales over the last few months. Not Cookie's fault.

One positive from today was that Rambo looked back to form. So many tackles and interceptions and no mistakes. Worked his nuts off. Had we one, this board would be awash with posts praising him.

Interesting. Joe Allen was my Wales MOTM. Ramsey faded badly in the 2nd half.

Blue in the Face

Joe Allen is a class act. Maybe I'm expecting too much of him now. Just felt he wasn't that calm, assuring presence today as much as he has been.

Allen has been ill apparently. I know we would've been flying high if we won or even drew but I felt especially in the second half we was very negative and invited to much pressure on ourselves

Stop reading when someone said David Edwards has top drawer positional sense.
    Coleman is being too loyal to those who played a part in the qualifiers. Needed Andy King in there to help out Joe Allen when Ledley went off.
    He's just won the premier league ffs and he's being kept out by someone like Edwards?!?!
    Sorry doesn't stack up for me.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 16-06-16 at 19:45.

Blue in the Face

Thought someone would chip in with a "King is better than Edwards because he's won the PL" comment. King hasn't played well for Wales in a long long time. Edwards played very well in the last game. I didn't say Edwards was a top class player, but his movement and positioning is excellent. I don't want to say anymore negatives about King because I hope he does great if he gets his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Thought someone would chip in with a "King is better than Edwards because he's won the PL" comment. King hasn't played well for Wales in a long long time. Edwards played very well in the last game. I didn't say Edwards was a top class player, but his movement and positioning is excellent. I don't want to say anymore negatives about King because I hope he does great if he gets his chance.
    King has been a better player than Edwards for years not just cos he's won the Premier League.

King was always an outstanding player in the Championship. Edwards isn't even that. He's just an average player.

Also, King having just won the premier league is full of confidence.

You said Edwards positional play was "top drawer". I'm sure if someone had top drawer qualities and such excellent movement they wouldn't have played at a secondary level most of their career.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 16-06-16 at 19:59.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    King has been a better player than Edwards for years not just cos he's won the Premier League.

King was always an outstanding player in the Championship. Edwards isn't even that. He's just an average player.

You said his positional play was "top drawer". I'm sure if someone had top drawer qualities they wouldn't have played at a secondary level most of their career.
    Hopefully you will be proved right on King at some point in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Hopefully you will be proved right on King at some point in the tournament.
    Well I doubt that very much as Coleman is as predictable as Russel Slade when it comes to his favourites.

With England pretty much battering us, I don't understand why he didn't use the 3Rd sub in injury time to wind the clock down

Thought the boys worked hard but just got deeper and deeper as the game went on. Taylor didnt seem to be able to cope with walker so maybe could have brought cotterial on and revert to a 4.5.1 system

We were 30 seconds away from qualification and then our keeper was beaten at the near post!

Our set was too defensive but then it needed to be against a team with so much attacking talent.

The disappointment was that from the start Williams invited them on and that Bale wasn't a threat in open play.

We worked hard but gave the ball away too often and lacked a threat up front ......sound familiar?

Too many times today and on Saturday, we played too deep and didn't have an outlet to release the pressure thus turning over possession.
    I hope we can exploit the fact that Russia need to win on Monday and get Bale the ball more often in forward areas.

I thought we looked better/more adventurous, with J Williams on Saturday, than with HRK last night.

Ball was on the deck more and we tried to play through Slovakia not pumping high aimless balls, as we were yesterday.

Russia are slow defensively, but are built like brick shithouses, so I hope we keep the ball on the deck against them.

It was apparent from the first few minutes that Taylor needed help against Walker so he probably should have given Taylor some more cover

Oh well