+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have referred to a 'racist element' here so it's not everyone. Far from it but it is still a significant factor in why some people voted out. I agree that people voted out because they are being left behind but that is more to do with how we are governed by Westminster and not Brussels. This Government chose austerity and it has hit poorer communities. Yet they have kicked out at the wrong people. Kick the Tories out. They are the ones responsible and not the EU.
    The EU, that made massive austerity cuts. Forcibly so on Ireland Spain Italy Greece. They have gone full pelt on austerity. The UK just flirted with austerity, it didnt go anywhere near as far as was planned.

Spain facing 45% Youth unemployment, Greece facing generations of recovery. Yeah the EU are really the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    The EU, that made massive austerity cuts. Forcibly so on Ireland Spain Italy Greece. They have gone full pelt on austerity. The UK just flirted with austerity, it didnt go anywhere near as far as was planned.

Spain facing 45% Youth unemployment, Greece facing generations of recovery. Yeah the EU are really the good guys.
    What's that got to do with how we voted and anyway poorer communities have been hit by welfare benefit cuts so I don't think your point stands. Why on earth are you comparing the UK with Greece?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What's that got to do with how we voted and anyway poorer communities have been hit by welfare benefit cuts so I don't think your point stands. Why on earth are you comparing the UK with Greece?

The op was talking about austerity here in the UK, and saying we are better off with europe. The same EU who actually punished several nations with extremely harsh austerity. The EU has made their situation worse. But the OP seems to think we would have had less austerity if we were further integrated into europe. Whereas its clear we would have faced harsher austerity forced upon us.