+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

"Our kids will be safe from immigration" - sorry, safe from what exactly???

A country of xenophobic twats to be led by a bunch of racists, voted in by default. This country (WALES) should be absolutely ashamed.

Re: All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

Cardiff voted remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Cardiff voted remain.
    Along with just 4 other areas, 17 voting out. Incredible.

Immigration will not decrease unless the economy really goes down the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Immigration will not decrease unless the economy really goes down the pan.
    Is that the Brexit leaders' plan? Seems to be working. Take our country back.... and back.... and back....

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    We'll be safe from having to struggle explain to the Polish Barista how we like our double shot Americano from great British institutions like Starbucks

A country of xenophobic twats to be led by a bunch of racists, voted in by default. This country (WALES) should be absolutely ashamed.
    I AINT A RACIST.

Along with just 4 other areas, 17 voting out. Incredible.
    It beggars belief. There is a racism element here. Bottom line. For years we have had anti EU and anti immigration rhetoric in the press. No politician has stood up for the EU or for immigration in all these years and have only started to do so now. It's too late though. It's ingrained within towns and communities. Yet look at London. It's a multi cultural melting pot yet London is very pro EU. It is often in communities not affected by immigration where there is a high anti EU sentiment. It's backward looking and narrow minded.

I no longer feel connected to this country.

Who exactly has been saying this? I have been up all night and didn't hear a single person say anything like that.

I stayed in a place called Zenith in Toulouse last week.
    Not really relevant, but your post just reminded me of a much better time in my life when we were all Europeans together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It beggars belief. There is a racism element here. Bottom line. For years we have had anti EU and anti immigration rhetoric in the press. No politician has stood up for the EU or for immigration in all these years and have only started to do so now. It's too late though. It's ingrained within towns and communities. Yet look at London. It's a multi cultural melting pot yet London is very pro EU. It is often in communities not affected by immigration where there is a high anti EU sentiment. It's backward looking and narrow minded.

There is also a thing called Democracy.which is worth more than money can buy,

not exactly right, parts of london that feel disenfranchised by recent migration i.e. barking and dagenham and havering voted out, the east of england which has amongst the highest recent migration voted overwhelmingly out also, also labour totally failed to appeal to its core northern vote, interesting times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Who exactly has been saying this? I have been up all night and didn't hear a single person say anything like that.
    People I actually know who were on the out side, neighbours, students, local workers, Facebook statuses etc.

Without putting any particular slant on this, i found it very strange indeed that Barking and Dagenham voted so overwhelmingly to leave (as did Bexley) while the rest of London went firmly in the other direction. What is different there compared with Haringey which is less than 10 miles away and voted 70/30 to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post
    Without putting any particular slant on this, i found it very strange indeed that Barking and Dagenham voted so overwhelmingly to leave (as did Bexley) while the rest of London went firmly in the other direction. What is different there compared with Haringey which is less than 10 miles away and voted 70/30 to stay?
    B and D is old school east end white working class, havering is also up to a point, they voted overwhelmingly to leave as did the thames corridor right out to southend and beyond

Don't you think its a bit condescending & patronising to judge those who voted out as racist in a blanket statement?, i think that many who voted out used this election (wrongly IMO) to kick politicians up the arse for ignoring their plight, seeing the majority getting prosperous, but themselves getting ignored, you keep kicking people and at some stage they will kick back and this was the occasion, Cardiff has been multi cultural since before i was in infants. multiculturalism isn't something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post
    The difference is that working class people have been cleansed from inner London to the outskirts

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The difference is that working class people have been cleansed from inner London to the outskirts
    That's far too simplistic. I chose the example of Haringey deliberately. Plenty of working class people there and not exactly close to the centre of town either but the result went empahatically the opposite way to Barking and Dagenham. Also, many of the working class people in London have come here from elsewhere in the EU and obviously most of them would have voted to remain. I'm genuinely puzzled why 2 or 3 places in Greater London went sharply in opposite direction from the rest of it.

What rule can also shortcomings that

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Don't you think its a bit condescending & patronising to judge those who voted out as racist in a blanket statement?, i think that many who voted out used this election (wrongly IMO) to kick politicians up the arse for ignoring their plight, seeing the majority getting prosperous, but themselves getting ignored, you keep kicking people and at some stage they will kick back and this was the occasion, Cardiff has been multi cultural since before i was in infants. multiculturalism isn't something new.
    I have referred to a 'racist element' here so it's not everyone. Far from it but it is still a significant factor in why some people voted out. I agree that people voted out because they are being left behind but that is more to do with how we are governed by Westminster and not Brussels. This Government chose austerity and it has hit poorer communities. Yet they have kicked out at the wrong people. Kick the Tories out. They are the ones responsible and not the EU.

I have referred to a 'racist element' here so it's not everyone. Far from it but it is still a significant factor in why some people voted out. I agree that people voted out because they are being left behind but that is more to do with how we are governed by Westminster and not Brussels. This Government chose austerity and it has hit poorer communities. Yet they have kicked out at the wrong people. Kick the Tories out. They are the ones responsible and not the EU.
    I been up all night and didn't read it correctly, and yes i do agree with an element but also think a lot voted out for other reasons rightly or wrongly, my lad was concerned abut the out vote as it might affect his ability to travel around Europe as a musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    I AINT A RACIST.

Yes you are

Your the worst type of racist and thats someone who says they're not racist but in reality they are just not man enough to say it out loud

People never learn that this type of post convinces the maybes that are not racist, not xenophobic to vote leave. Seen so many dull posts from people recently. You are just making it worse, you are convincing people to leave.

The EU, that made massive austerity cuts. Forcibly so on Ireland Spain Italy Greece. They have gone full pelt on austerity. The UK just flirted with austerity, it didnt go anywhere near as far as was planned.

Spain facing 45% Youth unemployment, Greece facing generations of recovery. Yeah the EU are really the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    The EU, that made massive austerity cuts. Forcibly so on Ireland Spain Italy Greece. They have gone full pelt on austerity. The UK just flirted with austerity, it didnt go anywhere near as far as was planned.

Spain facing 45% Youth unemployment, Greece facing generations of recovery. Yeah the EU are really the good guys.
    What's that got to do with how we voted and anyway poorer communities have been hit by welfare benefit cuts so I don't think your point stands. Why on earth are you comparing the UK with Greece?