+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh squad loving the Euros

Re: Welsh squad loving the Euros

The woman who originally posted it,Polly James the breakfast dj for capital radio deleted it pretty quick last night.
    Took a fair bit of abuse by the looks of things.

Polly James ‏@PollyJames 13h13 hours ago
    Was called EVERYTHING under the sun after posting that video! Its a GAME, chill out! I'm not a c**t & of course Wales will cheer for #Ice!��

An Englishman,Irishman and a Scottish man sitting in a pub

All watching Wales in the euro quarter finals

Don't like seeing that. Should not have been put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Everyone understands the reaction, just didn't see the need to put it online that's all.
    Probably to rub it in the English noses.

I'm pretty sure that Ramsey and co have taken their share of banter from the English lads over the years about failing to qualify etc. - and rightly so.

It's just a bit of payback after playing second fiddle for so long at international level.

Richyrich

I bet they've had some stick over the years at their clubs and now they've earned the bragging rights for at least two whole years, I say let them make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The woman who originally posted it,Polly James the breakfast dj for capital radio deleted it pretty quick last night.
    Took a fair bit of abuse by the looks of things.

Polly James ‏@PollyJames 13h13 hours ago
    Was called EVERYTHING under the sun after posting that video! Its a GAME, chill out! I'm not a c**t & of course Wales will cheer for #Ice!��
    Her VIP trips will be over now.

It's not the same thing. In that pic they are celebrating a goal in a game against us, same as we did against them when we scored.

Last night our team were filmed celebrating wildly to England getting knocked out in a game that really had little to do with us. It was a celebration of spite and whilst I was doing the exact same thing at home I would prefer the Wales team to do that kind of celebrating privately instead of having it broadcast publicly.
    Hence my thinking you had a point, I don't have a problem with them celebrating, they're human after all, but what happens in their team room should stay in their team room. I'm pretty sure if they'd known it was going to be plastered all over the internet they would've toned it down a bit.

First Team

Can't put my finger on it. It's totally hypocritical since I was celebrating Iceland's win last night myself, but seeing that just doesn't seem right.

I suppose I try to imagine my reaction if it was the other way around, the England team celebrating Wales getting knocked out, I just can't imagine it happening.
    Surely if it had been Italy/Germany/France you would have celebrated in the same way? The "minnows" ate the shark. If the English had celebrated Wales being put out it would have been perverse because we don't even register with them as minnows.

if it makes anyone feel better...they had a team bet that Iceland would win 2-1....fantastic odds...they were celebrating the monetary value from the bet...nothing else (which they are going to donate to charity)

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Surely if it had been Italy/Germany/France you would have celebrated in the same way? The "minnows" ate the shark. If the English had celebrated Wales being put out it would have been perverse because we don't even register with them as minnows.
    Spot on.

If Iceland knock out France on the weekend then people will celebrate just as wildly.

Everyone loves a great underdog story - hence all the neutral support for Leicester this season.

The fact that England were on the receiving end just makes it sweeter for the people of Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Not at all. Are you seriously trying to claim that we, and the Wales team, would have celebrated the same if it was France getting knocked out? No way. That celebration was reserved for England. If it was France getting knocked out, the celebration wouldn't even have been filmed and uploaded.

As it is, we are happy for Iceland but in reality we were delighted to see England getting humiliated, why bother pretending otherwise?

Richyrich

Not at all. Are you seriously trying to claim that we, and the Wales team, would have celebrated the same if it was France getting knocked out? No way. That celebration was reserved for England. If it was France getting knocked out, the celebration wouldn't even have been filmed and uploaded.

As it is, we are happy for Iceland but in reality we were delighted to see England getting humiliated, why bother pretending otherwise?
    Maybe England need to take a look at themselves first?

Why do People love seeing England knocked out and that pleasure is not just reserved for the Welsh.

It's because Bale nailed it, they give it the big un before they've even done **** all.

Shock as Welshmen celebrate England being knocked out

Apparently this is disrespectful, but them being labelled a one man team and "Bales" isn't

Can't see that it's that big an issue myself, probably not the most professional, but very human. Glad they are enjoying themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Maybe England need to take a look at themselves first?

Why do People love seeing England knocked out and that pleasure is not just reserved for the Welsh.

It's because Bale nailed it, they give it the big un before they've even done **** all.
    I absolutely agree, like I said I celebrated it myself.

I'm just saying whoever filmed and uploaded the Wales team celebrating might have used better discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Shock as Welshmen celebrate England being knocked out

Apparently this is disrespectful, but them being labelled a one man team and "Bales" isn't
    Where else in this thread does the word "disrespectful" appear other than in your post?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Can't see that it's that big an issue myself, probably not the most professional, but very human. Glad they are enjoying themselves.
    Good job nobody is saying it's a big issue then.

Good job nobody is saying it's a big issue then.
    Maybe not on this site.....

I think the celebration is more of a reaction to the media than anything else

Where else in this thread does the word "disrespectful" appear other than in your post?
    I'm on about how its been portrayed in the media rather than on here

For anyone agonising over this player reaction I can explain.
    It's not about England losing but about recognising the greatest upset in the history of Intetnstional football.
    What our Gunnar and his mates achieved playing superbly is just bloody fantastic.

Richyrich

I absolutely agree, like I said I celebrated it myself.

I'm just saying whoever filmed and uploaded the Wales team celebrating might have used better discretion.
    Who did release it?

Doubt it was the players really and yeah I suspect the management wern't to happy about it, but it is was it is.

Maybe England can make a vid when we get knocked out..Oh no they can't, they'll be back home wont they.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    It's not about England losing but about recognising the greatest upset in the history of Intetnstional football.
    What our Gunnar and his mates achieved playing superbly is just bloody fantastic.
    I think England losing was a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Who did release it?

Doubt it was the players really and yeah I suspect the management wern't to happy about it, but it is was it is.

Maybe England can make a vid when we get knocked out..Oh no they can't, they'll be back home wont they.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Of course it's about England