+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eurotunnel

Eurotunnel

What a complete balls up in organization on Friday
    We got there around 11.15am and waited an hour to get in, only to be told there was a three hour wait after you got on site.
    The biggest problem was down to parking, some cars with C & D etc were blocked in and unable to make there way through to customs because their paths were obstructed by cars looking for somewhere to park?

Complete shambles, no one in charge taking responsibility, 6 coppers hanging around inside the services and chaos outside in the car park.

Another Welsh fan walked over to us after we'd been there for ages and said he'd been told they were letting fans with tickets through early but it hadn't been officially announced

We made our way through with our scheduled crossing now being delayed by nearly 4 hours and all the staff directing traffic said was "take the ticket off the mirror" another words hide the fact that we had jumped the queue

In contrast on the way back into Calais, they opened the welcome area up, had all the cars lined up and allowed you to go through to customs in single file.

Complete shambles in Folkstone, my advice don't use it if you can avoid it

Anyway the game was worth it

Re: Eurotunnel

Coming back after the northern Ireland match the eurotunnel in France was bad, but seemed to be organised chaos. Seems like the French side can cope with delays better than the UK side.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    What a complete balls up in organization on Friday
    We got there around 11.15am and waited an hour to get in, only to be told there was a three hour wait after you got on site.
    The biggest problem was down to parking, some cars with C & D etc were blocked in and unable to make there way through to customs because their paths were obstructed by cars looking for somewhere to park?

Complete shambles, no one in charge taking responsibility, 6 coppers hanging around inside the services and chaos outside in the car park.

Another Welsh fan walked over to us after we'd been there for ages and said he'd been told they were letting fans with tickets through early but it hadn't been officially announced

We made our way through with our scheduled crossing now being delayed by nearly 4 hours and all the staff directing traffic said was "take the ticket off the mirror" another words hide the fact that we had jumped the queue

In contrast on the way back into Calais, they opened the welcome area up, had all the cars lined up and allowed you to go through to customs in single file.

Complete shambles in Folkstone, my advice don't use it if you can avoid it

Anyway the game was worth it
    About sums up the level of service I expect in the UK.

I've used Eurotunnel lots of times. Friday was the first time I have had that kind of trouble. Like the o.p. some told us to show our tickets and they would let us through. Not only did they let us through but put is in the Flexiplus lane so we could by pass a lot of the queue. We should have left at 13:50 but actually left at 17:50 and missed the first five minutes of the match.
    In fairness, when we came back the French weren't dealing with a back log following a break down in the tunnel, it was just a bit busy.