+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff fanzone moved to Principality Stadium for Wales' semi-final against Portugal

Cardiff fanzone moved to Principality Stadium for Wales' semi-final against Portugal

Re: Cardiff fanzone moved to Principality Stadium for Wales' semi-final against Portugal

**** em i wouldn't go.....they never wanted it in the first place, now they see it has a nice little earner.

Re: Cardiff fanzone moved to Principality Stadium for Wales' semi-final against Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    **** em i wouldn't go.....they never wanted it in the first place, now they see it has a nice little earner.
    Exactly. It took a petition to even get a fanzone in the first place. The Welsh are a bunch of glory hunting, plastic event goers

Oh and Supporters may opt to make a donation which, added to any profit from the event, will be shared equally between WRU grassroots initiatives, FAW Trust and the Lord Mayor’s charity, Cancer Research Wales.

WRU grassroots initiatives grrrrrrrrrr. Give it all to charity

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Exactly. It took a petition to even get a fanzone in the first place. The Welsh are a bunch of glory hunting, plastic event goers

Oh and Supporters may opt to make a donation which, added to any profit from the event, will be shared equally between WRU grassroots initiatives, FAW Trust and the Lord Mayor’s charity, Cancer Research Wales.

WRU grassroots initiatives grrrrrrrrrr. Give it all to charity
    I'd imagine it costs a lot of money to open and manage a stadium to the public. I'm sure if someone was willing to fund it they'd have used it, now that the numbers are going to be greatly increased it makes it an option.

Roof closed so at least the rain won't be a problem, forget all the politics let all Wales be as one.

We can all get back to normal in a few days

That's it, they've changed the luck now (I know they lost against Ingurlund).

If the boys lose it's those f***ing eggers fault.

Bandwagon on jumping a.

Go back a month and they didn't want to know , to their eternal shame.

Still " Together stronger " so the more the merrier.

I'm going back to France for the 6th time to watch Wales this wednesday. It's cost me a fortune but every penny
    has been well spent to be on the football journey of a lifetime.

C'mon Wales !!!!!!!

Ultimately if every Welsh child picked up a sport and be it rugby or football or taekwando then our nation would be a healthier and better place. However, this has naff all to do with rugby and I am reminded of Johnny Owen's video before our cup final where he implied that the establishment didn't want football to flourish, and with the battle to get a fanzone that certainly seems a little true. I'm also reminded of the tits in the Queen's vault singing about chariots and had zero interest in watching the football when there was a bar and a toilet close by. No one wants this to turn into the sideshow that the rugby match is to the rugby event when football can matter on it's own as a sport and this team deserves to be the main event.

I think the idea of togetherness behind this team and my desire to see the benefits of Welsh children getting involved in sport means I can welcome this but please don't let this become an egg style event.

Together Stronger. Just enjoy it. At least you won't get rained on. And the sound will probably be pretty decent.

They certainly didn't want to know initially and had to be almost dragged and embarrassed into putting on the fanzine by Norman Sayer and his advisers, who also took on all the financial risk.
    Now , all of a sudden, they want a slice of the glory ( provided a large slice of the profit goes to the WRU of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    They certainly didn't want to know initially and had to be almost dragged and embarrassed into putting on the fanzine by Norman Sayer and his advisers, who also took on all the financial risk.
    Now , all of a sudden, they want a slice of the glory ( provided a large slice of the profit goes to the WRU of course)
    So there isn't an alternative venue in Cardiff for 20,000 people?yet Swansea has Singleton park

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Boycott it I say....and watch the game in your local pubs with your local mates.

Nobody is telling anyone they have to go.

If you don't like it, don't go.

If you want to, go and enjoy yourselves.

Just stop moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Nobody is telling anyone they have to go.

If you don't like it, don't go.

If you want to, go and enjoy yourselves.

Just stop moaning.
    Some people need to have something to moan about even in such incredibly wonderful times.

Looking forward to taking my boys. Despite each having tournament tickets we all missed out on tickets for France. I've been lucky to get a ticket but they've sat at home & watched on TV. I've spent around 6 hours trying to get Q/f & S/f tickets without luck. I gave them the choice of the Mill Stad on Wednesday & they've jumped at it, they want some of the atmosphere.

As a fan park virgin, do they have the commentary on then?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Looking forward to taking my boys. Despite each having tournament tickets we all missed out on tickets for France. I've been lucky to get a ticket but they've sat at home & watched on TV. I've spent around 6 hours trying to get Q/f & S/f tickets without luck. I gave them the choice of the Mill Stad on Wednesday & they've jumped at it, they want some of the atmosphere.

The best reason to back it. I hope you have a great time and if, the big if, then you have all the luck for whatever comes next.

Hope you all thoroughly enjoy the experience.

Apparently the speedway is set up there so you will be sitting down. I reckon it 20,000 (a quarter of capacity) will make for a poor atmos.

Very poor decision by Cardiff council. Everyone has been loving the images from the fan park in Coopers field.

Couldn't get back to France after the group games so I went to Coopers Field for the N.Ireland and Belgium games and what they do is hook the screen up to the live coverage of the match on the BBC/ITV so you can hear a bit of the commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    So there isn't an alternative venue in Cardiff for 20,000 people?yet Swansea has Singleton park
    Singleton Park has a natural amphitheatre where they put on gigs. The slope of the hill allows alot of people to be able to see the screen. The parks in Cardiff are all flat.

Cant help what nature gives us.

Oh dear, WRU website can't cope .... 20k ain't going be anywhere near enough, waiting time is already "more than 60 minutes".

It's because the ground is already set up for the speedway this weekend.
    Should have had it at the CCS as well

Boycott it I say....and watch the game in your local pubs with your local mates.
    Yeah and Mars Bars.

Up the revolution.

Looking at the previous crowds its full of kids anyway. Pub for me. Everywhere will be packed on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I'd imagine it costs a lot of money to open and manage a stadium to the public. I'm sure if someone was willing to fund it they'd have used it, now that the numbers are going to be greatly increased it makes it an option.
    Thats the kind of post that is slowly ruining this board.

The people want to feel aggrieved on a daily basis and this is today's subject to wallow in anger and frustration.

So leave out the sensible posts if you dont mind , there is hand wringing to do here.

A semi final you say?........... Yeah but the eggers.......