+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowdfunding campaign raises over £27,000 to prosecute 'dishonest Brexit politicians', including Boris Johnson

Crowdfunding campaign raises over £27,000 to prosecute 'dishonest Brexit politicians', including Boris Johnson

Wouldn't it be nice to hold politicians accountable for their lies?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7141736.html

Unfortunately, just like these "enquiries" we occasionally have, they will never really be prosecuted, even if it did make it to court.

Re: Crowdfunding campaign raises over £27,000 to prosecute 'dishonest Brexit politicians', including Boris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think politicians from ALL sides will say that they were not making predictions but forecasts of what may happen not what will happen. Even when Mark Carney was pressed for figures of the maybe / possibly be recession - his figures said 0.1% GDP - and that seemed to be worse case scenario, the crash years around 2008 we lost 7% GDP to put it into perspective.

Still ALL to early to say with any certainty what is going to happen - as no one knows
    What about driving a bus around Britain that had huge writing on the side saying "If we leave we can give £350 Mill a week to the NHS"?

Re: Crowdfunding campaign raises over £27,000 to prosecute 'dishonest Brexit politicians', including Boris Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    What about driving a bus around Britain that had huge writing on the side saying "If we leave we can give £350 Mill a week to the NHS"?
    'Can' means to be able to though....

Wouldn't it be nice to hold politicians accountable for their lies?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7141736.html

Unfortunately, just like these "enquiries" we occasionally have, they will never really be prosecuted, even if it did make it to court.
    So politicians have only ever been accountable since Brexit, all lies and false promises prior to Brexit are acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Precisely it's not saying we WILL give £350 mill a week to the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Actually it said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    So politicians have only ever been accountable since Brexit, all lies and false promises prior to Brexit are acceptable
    HA HA BRILLIANT YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID

If there is any money leftover they can prosecute Cameron & Osborne too for saying the world would end if we voted Brexit, and also Obama for saying we were going to the back of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If there is any money leftover they can prosecute Cameron & Osborne too for saying the world would end if we voted Brexit, and also Obama for saying we were going to the back of the queue.
    Neither side comes out of this with any credibility but there's a difference between offering an opinion and writing bullshit on the side of a bus as a campaign promise.

You'd probably be pretty skint as well mate with all your false nonsense over the years.

Neither side comes out of this with any credibility but there's a difference between offering an opinion and writing bullshit on the side of a bus as a campaign promise.
    I do a lot of work with the ASA and what we can write on websites for my one healthcare client. The comments on the side of the bus would in my opinion pass their reasonably strict guidelines. They never actually promise to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I do a lot of work with the ASA and what we can write on websites for my one healthcare client. The comments on the side of the bus would in my opinion pass their reasonably strict guidelines. They never actually promise to do it.
    A fourth line on the side of that bus could have read Let's have lunch I'm hungry

None of those statements are related in any way.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 17-07-16 at 21:59.

I'd bet they got a lot of votes from that bus bullshit. It heavily implies the £350 p/w (that itself was bullshit) saved by leaving the EU will go toward the NHS.

It would just be better for everyone if campaigns had certain honesty guidelines that they had to abide by.

A fourth line on the side of that bus could have read Let's have lunch I'm hungry

None of those statements are related in any way.
    The first two lines are part of the same statement.

Spending money on the NHS v a total economic collapse?

Project fear wins in the maniplation stakes, 1-0 George & Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The first two lines are part of the same statement.
    I meant to say in any binding way, the phone fecked up with the adverts

I'd bet they got a lot of votes from that bus bullshit. It heavily implies the £350 p/w (that itself was bullshit) saved by leaving the EU will go toward the NHS.

It would just be better for everyone if campaigns had certain honesty guidelines that they had to abide by.
    This shouldn't have made any promises as they were a bunch of no-marks who were never likely to gain any power in Westminster even after a Brexit vote.

I agree, I just don't see that there is anything there that they ever really promise.

I'd wager my left gonad that the marquee phrase "Let's fund the NHS instead" sounded rather like some kind of pledge to vast numbers of ordinary British people.

Rather along the lines of - 'vote our way if this is how you feel about the NHS, and you would like better..'

Sure it wasn't 'binding' - Evidently not . But it was misleading at best.

Amazing that a few people seem quite happy to shrug it off, even defend it, or at least suggest this kind of deception is acceptable.

My goodness 'we' are easy pickings these days...

Should just about pay for one lawyer for about a week. Good luck.

Banned

Foot stamping jazz handers.love it.

It's not a case of one side being worse than the other, they were both guilty of, at best, a gross distortion of the facts and I still believe the remain side lost more votes than they gained through their scaremongering. The referendum was on a subject which needed a quality of debate which educated and informed an electorate that wanted guidance and all we got was the usual punch and judy stuff.

Actually it said this:

Still not a promise though.

What about this one?

350million.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What about this one?

350million.jpg
    I don't think that would be allowed.