+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shaping up for war in Europe

Re: Shaping up for war in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Instead of hurling around insults could you deal with the part where you stated "Every organised outdoor event is a target." I stated that the recent football tournament was a "biggish organised outdoor event" and wasn't targeted. You choose to ignore that part.
    How do you know it wasn't targeted? Maybe there was a large armed police presence and security operation underway that prevented anything from happening?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 22-07-16 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Well then lets put armed forces infront of every gay club in the western world.

As they are all targets.

As are any public places.

Churches?. Cordern them all off. Sikh temples?. Buddhists?.

Shops selling booze?.

If we bow down and create the police state you want, they have won.

Nice's population is similar to Cardiffs. In a country of 66 million.

Policing every city to the degree you want is impossible.

They will have an inquiry because the media and the western world always look to blame their own rather than address the actual issue.

Yes, lets put the blame for a man running women and children over on some police chief with a budget.
    Are you suggesting a hands-off approach under a state of emergency? Oh my, I think I have heard it all now.

And what budget are you on about? It seems to be about directives as far as I can see.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 22-07-16 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    With the Russians getting friskier by the day, France under constant attack and on the verge of bringing in an extreme right government, Muslims in Europe facing the kind of dehumanising press the Jews received prior to WW2, Turkey and the middle east turning into shit soup, Britain leaving the union but renewing Trident... could we be on the brink of something nasty in the coming decade?

With respect I don't think that generally Muslims have experienced anywhere near the degree of dehumanising treatment the Jews have or for the length of time they did. Take a visit to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem and you will be appalled at the systematic and sustained dehumanising treatment the Jews experienced in Nazi Germany in the 1930's and 1940's. That said any such treatment against any group is reprehensible.

StT.

If we bow down and create the police state you want
    Since when does reporting facts concerning the events that took place in Nice constitute someone wanting a police state? Are you for real? Or just an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    With respect I don't think that generally Muslims have experienced anywhere near the degree of dehumanising treatment the Jews have or for the length of time they did. Take a visit to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem and you will be appalled at the systematic and sustained dehumanising treatment the Jews experienced in Nazi Germany in the 1930's and 1940's. That said any such treatment against any group is reprehensible.

StT.
    Assad has killed hundreds of thousands in a few years in Syria.

Children beheaded. Women beheaded infront of their families. Stoned to death. Dropped in acid. A tank rolling of a persons head by extremists since russia invaded afghan.

Saddam electrocuting Iranians. Gassing Iranians. Murdering over a million in the Iran Iraq war. Murdering how many Kurds throughout the 80's and 90's?. Gulf war.

Saudis head choppings. Crucifixions.

That is before you go in to the American invasions post 2001.

And before that when America decided to dislike Saddam after the gulf war. Their sanctions on Iraq blocked things such as medical syringes. Hundreds of thousands dying due to starvation. The lost generations of children dying during Western sanctions.

And the saudis are forcing starvation and death about yemen as we speak.

These people that cause terror in west have seen things we can only imagine.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 22-07-16 at 19:05.

Banned

Multiple shootings in Munich,police saying terrorist attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Since when does reporting facts concerning the events that took place in Nice constitute someone wanting a police state? Are you for real? Or just an idiot?
    Sorry did I talk to you like that?.

If someone wants to do something like this, a few little barricades may put them off. Then they'll wait and do it another time.

That'll solve zero.

You cannot heavily police every single event where more than 20 people are in attendance.

Sorry did I talk to you like that?.
    Maybe it was a turn of phrase that you used

If someone wants to do something like this, a few little barricades may put them off. Then they'll wait and do it another time.

That'll solve zero.

You cannot heavily police every single event where more than 20 people are in attendance.
    I'm sure the relavent authorities do risk assesment, and a public celebration and fireworks display advertised well in advance, and attended by thousands of people should have been high on that list.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 22-07-16 at 19:21.

Quavers or French Fries?? Big debate going on here.

With the Russians getting friskier by the day, France under constant attack and on the verge of bringing in an extreme right government, Muslims in Europe facing the kind of dehumanising press the Jews received prior to WW2, Turkey and the middle east turning into shit soup, Britain leaving the union but renewing Trident... could we be on the brink of something nasty in the coming decade?
    Either The Col has had his account hacked or he's been replaced by a replicon as he's never been this serious.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Quavers or French Fries?? Big debate going on here.
    Why bother posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Why bother posting this.
    Another one joins the brotherhood of complete numpties.

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing.

From you I accept that as a compliment Elysium Cheers.

It could well be one of them on another account to be fair

If you re-read it was in reply to you, not about you ( i think )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Then I apologise. Just a little tetchy tonight. Sorry about the misunderstanding Elysium.

Not a problem at all.

https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/hist...714#.dajhruvcv

This guy goes a bit over the top here, but in general the future does look a bit less safe than a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/hist...714#.dajhruvcv

This guy goes a bit over the top here, but in general the future does look a bit less safe than a few years ago.
    A bit wishy-washy for a historian, I found the comments more interesting.

War was horrible! I hope one day no longer have any more bloodshed!

Yes those pesky sneaky Russians are moving the whole of Russia closer and closer to NATO bases. They need to be watched...

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    Yes those pesky sneaky Russians are moving the whole of Russia closer and closer to NATO bases. They need to be watched...
    On the other hand, Russia have recently taken the Crimean peninsula, so it is hardly surprising is it.