+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Just noticed Welshman Phil Salt making another start for the England fifty overs side.
    Now that Stokes has retired he's got a great opportunity to have a long run in the team.

He's done it!

Northeast on 313 a new Glamorgan record.

Dreadful camera work though.

Instead of showing Northeast acknowledging the record it stayed on the Leicester fielders recovering the ball from the boundary!

It is also a record Glamorgan 6th wicket partnership, beating the previous record of 230 by Willie Jones and Len Muncer against Worcestwer at Worcester in 1953. I wasn't even born then! (1954)

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    He's done it!

Northeast on 313 a new Glamorgan record.

Dreadful camera work though.

Yep. Show the man raising his bat at that moment of history. Instead they show a reply of the boundary. What a shame but what an achievement

Instead of showing Northeast acknowledging the record it stayed on the Leicester fielders recovering the ball from the boundary!

It is also a record Glamorgan 6th wicket partnership, beating the previous record of 230 by Willie Jones and Len Muncer against Worcestwer at Worcester in 1953. I wasn't even born then! (1954)
    Shows you shouldn't always trust Twitter.

The previous 6th wicket record was apparently 240 in 2009 by Mark Wallace and Jim Allenby against Surrey at the Oval.

And anothr e record. Sam Northeast yesterday made the highest number of runs in one day by a Glamorgan batsman

Past 600 now, Northeast 324 and Cooke into the nineties.

Hundred for Cooke.

Shows you shouldn't always trust Twitter.

The previous 6th wicket record was apparently 240 in 2009 by Mark Wallace and Jim Allenby against Surrey at the Oval.

And anothr e record. Sam Northeast yesterday made the highest number of runs in one day by a Glamorgan batsman
    Doh! I meant Wiki not Twitter!! Although the comment was probably still relevant in other circumstance!

Not Far off the highest Glamorgan score of 718 now!

Not out of the question that Northeast makes a quadruple century

746-5.

Now the highest partnership in Glamorgan history at 426 currently. This is incredible stuff.
    Bless him Edward Bevan has made so many mistakes this morning.

Highest Glamorgan partnership for any wicket now I believe, as well as highest ever Glamorgan score

Northeast 393 not out, Cooke still there on 187 - 775-5.

Northeast 402 not out.

incredible stuff

that was really good lets hope the bowlers perform as well as those two

In a stats bonanza the one I love is a partnership of 300 and another one of 400 in the same innings. Must be a record of some sort…..

I would actually go out for an over after lunch to get 800 and let cook get 200!

Fantastic achievements and has added some excitement (from a Welsh perspective at least) into what looked likely to be a fairly uneventful draw. Still the most likely outcome with how flat this track is but we’ve at least had some records to savour with a bit of a soft target for the final couple sessions too.

So it the pitch going to turn into the predicted raging turner during the lunch interval?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So it the pitch going to turn into the predicted raging turner during the lunch interval?
    This really is the cricket equivalent of ‘Get into ‘em, f*ck ‘em up’ now.

94-3 and still forty one overs left - it’s too big an ask on this pitch though surely?

This has been another good effort but odds on the draw.