+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

  1. #2501
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,325

    Re: GLAMMY

    Start the rain dance.....

  2. #2502

    Re: GLAMMY

    This is so Glamorgan. Yorks get a lead of 100+ and we lose by an innings.

  3. #2503

    Re: GLAMMY

    I can't believe they've played for so long. 30 miles away here in East Wales, sorry border country, sorry bandit country, it's been peeing down all afternoon!

  4. #2504

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    This is so Glamorgan. Yorks get a lead of 100+ and we lose by an innings.
    At least thatís not going to happen, Glamorgan 108-3 at the close with forty odd not outs for Lloyd and Carlson - the pitch is getting easier it seems, so, perhaps, the best we can hope for is more rain and eleven points for a draw.

  5. #2505

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    At least thatís not going to happen, Glamorgan 108-3 at the close with forty odd not outs for Lloyd and Carlson - the pitch is getting easier it seems, so, perhaps, the best we can hope for is more rain and eleven points for a draw.
    Hope so, maybe with a bit of batting practice for Carlson and Root, and maybe Cooke if absolutely necessary 🤞

  6. #2506

    Re: GLAMMY

    Excellent fourth wicket stand. Lloyd really looks like a good batsman these days but we need a reliable opener alongside him. Carlson is having an excellent season but he had one or two iffy moments.
    Labuschagne needs some runs.
    Neser looks like a top signing.

  7. #2507

    Re: GLAMMY

    Still no play today so another draw now almost certain. The weather looks poor for the next game v Kent too so odds on that being drawn too.

  8. #2508

    Re: GLAMMY

    A few overs possible but a draw game, well batted Kiran Carlson

  9. #2509

    Re: GLAMMY

    Got on for an hour or so. it looks like Lloyd got out lbw pretty quickly. Caught a few overs online at the end. Carlson again did well if you ignore the last over where he played and missed at all 5 bouncers sent down, only scoring off the last. He finished on 88 not out.

  10. #2510

    Re: GLAMMY

    Looks as is covid means that Labuschagne will be staying with us a bit longer than originally intended

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57140589

  11. #2511

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Looks as is covid means that Labuschagne will be staying with us a bit longer than originally intended

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57140589
    Good news for us I think. I hope he can soon get a decent knock on the board.

  12. #2512

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Looks as is covid means that Labuschagne will be staying with us a bit longer than originally intended

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57140589
    And Neser!


  13. #2513

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Looks as is covid means that Labuschagne will be staying with us a bit longer than originally intended

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57140589
    Great news.
    Tough on the lad himself but his loss is our gain.
    He'll have many more chances for the Aussies.

  14. #2514

    Re: GLAMMY

    I'd have a slight concern about Labuschagne's attitude at a time when he should have been playing for his country, but, on the face of it, it's good news for us, as is Neser's availability - I thought he overdid the short stuff a bit when Root and Patterson were putting on all of those runs, but he's an impressive bowler who is more pacey than I expected.

  15. #2515

    Re: GLAMMY

    The weather forecast for the next four days at Canterbury is not great, but not as bad as around here. However today was supposed to be dry all day there according to the BBC's forecast and yet it's a start delayed, inspection at 11.30 there I'm afraid.

  16. #2516

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The weather forecast for the next four days at Canterbury is not great, but not as bad as around here. However today was supposed to be dry all day there according to the BBC's forecast and yet it's a start delayed, inspection at 11.30 there I'm afraid.
    Michael Fish hasn't come out of retirement has he?

  17. #2517

    Re: GLAMMY

    Kent 84 for 6 this morning.

  18. #2518

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Kent 84 for 6 this morning.
    3 wickets each for TVG and Neser
    Kent have struggled so far this season and seem to be again today

  19. #2519

    Re: GLAMMY

    150-8 at lunch with Darren Stevens leading a bit of a Kent fight back, four wickets each for VanDerGugten and Neser.

  20. #2520

    Re: GLAMMY

    Stevens is going to get yet another century against us. Once again we struggle to finish off the opposition. From 92/7 to 182/8 and counting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •