+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    where's the official live stream?
    Think it may have been on sky so couldn’t stream it?

Great win. Glad you got the weather and the result Pearcey!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    No if he is on the line he is out.

Modern technology means that they can be pretty certain these days. The doubt seemed to be that the keepers gloves were the same colour as the bails which made them hard to see.
    He definitely wasn't over the line so out was correct then. I always thought the line was in, hence foot over for a no ball

Absolutely brilliant bowling performance, led by the 2 aussie michaels. 41 yr old Hogan looks like a 30yr old Glenn mcgrath, you know exactly what he's going to bowl you, but you can't hit it because he does it too well. Ably supported by the outstanding Neser .

Batting was clinical if unspectacular, Northeast did well with 44, although he does need to pick up the pace a bit in small chases. Running out your team mates and putting pressure on them by crawling along can end up losing games from winning positions. I do think he's made a huge difference to us though. To have an opener you can rely on to go big regularly is a massive positive. All primed to smash in the cider drinkers tomorrow, then a point from a rain off with Surrey would go down nicely.

I've booked annual leave for finals day, something about this team

Well done Glammy. Very impressed by fielding. Certainly improved massively this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Think it may have been on sky so couldn’t stream it?

Great win. Glad you got the weather and the result Pearcey!
    The weather was brilliant. I thought we were terrific in the field. Carlson is some fielder.
    In the end a very comfortable win.
    There were a number of very attractive women at the game including a blonde stewardess who was very pleasing on the eye!
    A good sized crowd too and well oiled at that. It was very rowdy at the end and a bit ott really. I expect the usual beer snakes but there were small tennis balls flying over sections of the crowd at the end.

Took 75 minutes to get out of the carpark at the end.

The bowling, aided by better fielding, looks good this season and there’d be a team capable of qualifying and maybe going further there if they could provide some evidence that they are capable of scoring more than around 180 in an innings. The batting efforts against the two London teams weren’t good enough.

I would have expected us to have won with more balls to spare to be honest.
    It was a comfortable win, and never really looked in doubt, but at any stage through our innings we were only a couple of wickets away from some doubt setting in.

53-2 off 7. Labuschagne just hasn’t done it.

Horrendous innings from northeast. Needs to hit a few !

Good wicket for Glamorgan. Absolutely pathetic from Northeast, completely inexcusable innings

These Wurzel commentators are easily the most irritating on the cricket circuit. No pause for breath and appallingly biased.

Had to mute the commentary, what an annoying trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    These Wurzel commentators are easily the most irritating on the cricket circuit. No pause for breath and appallingly biased.
    Trego is a cocky dick.

We are well short again.

173-7 so not too far away here. If we bowl well we have a chance.

So frustrating. Basically a selection of very good innings from glam batters. Unfortunately they've had the rug pulled out from under them by the turgid innings from northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    173-7 so not too far away here. If we bowl well we have a chance.
    At least the last two balls shut the commentators up for a few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    At least the last two balls shut the commentators up for a few seconds
    Yep. Trego is so arrogant.

I wondered what the marketing team that did the last game at Ninian Park did next? Has to be Somerset's half time entertainment!

We are well short again.
    Not sure if we are well short, 173 is an OK score. But I don't know what the average score at Taunton is

However with our batting we should really reach 200 more than we do. A top score of 173 for the season so far is not really good enough.

Still let's see how our bowlers do today.

enough.

Edit Sorry Pearcey posted this before I saw your next post. You've pretty much said the same as me!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Not sure if we are well short, 173 is an OK score. But I don't know what the average score at Taunton is

However with our batting we should really reach 200 more than we do. A top score of 173 for the season so far is not really good enough.

Still let's see how our bowlers do today.

enough.

Edit Sorry Pearcey posted this before I saw your next post. You've pretty much said the same as me!
    Yep we recovered pretty well. This will be close.

Neser bowls a cracking over then we take the pressure off. What's going on?

I fear not

On the other hand........... 72-0 6.5 overs!!!

Polar opposite from yesterday

If they could bowl a line or a length they'd be dangerous.

Douthwaite looks like a parks bowler.