+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah doesn't add up at all. Isnt the plan that there is no test cricket at all in August to allow for the Hundred to have a free run? Not just sacrificing the county 4 day game for mums and kids gimmick cricket, they are sacrificing tests too.

I am surprised they didn't get the message when overseas players were leaving in their droves to get to the cpl. The hundred is nothing on the international schedule so to break everything for it is madness.
    Yes, all test cricket to be played in June andJuly I believe - the only non Hundred cricket in August is going to be this first class Festival stuff shich I’m not sure involves just three extra games in total or three games per county. Apparently, it needs twelve counties to be in favour of the amendments for them to be carried and Atherton thought that might be a problem because it means a loss revenue for non test match and Hundred grounds like Taunton, Bristol, Canterbury, Chelmsford etc.

Derbyshire 79-3, Leicestershire 11-2 chasing 275.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, all test cricket to be played in June andJuly I believe - the only non Hundred cricket in August is going to be this first class Festival stuff shich I’m not sure involves just three extra games in total or three games per county. Apparently, it needs twelve counties to be in favour of the amendments for them to be carried and Atherton thought that might be a problem because it means a loss revenue for non test match and Hundred grounds like Taunton, Bristol, Canterbury, Chelmsford etc.

Derbyshire 79-3, Leicestershire 11-2 chasing 275.
    Kent have pretty much said they'll be voting against it. They refuse to be rendered irrelevant. Good for them.