+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Glamorgan not doing bad at all on another rain affected day, 308-7 with fifties for Taylor and Douthwaite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan not doing bad at all on another rain affected day, 308-7 with fifties for Taylor and Douthwaite.
    Excellent batting especially being up against almost ideal bowling conditions for Anderson.

I think I prefer this 6 team format so far every bonus point feels important though can only see this finishing as a draw with 8points riding on it and the weather very changeable

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Excellent batting especially being up against almost ideal bowling conditions for Anderson.

I think I prefer this 6 team format so far every bonus point feels important though can only see this finishing as a draw with 8points riding on it and the weather very changeable
    Yes, I tend to agree with you. When I first saw the group Glamorgan were in, I thought it would be embarrassing, but we’ve been competitive in every game we’ve played and if we were more used to winning, I think we could have won at least one more game. I think of Glamorgan, Leicestershire and Derbyshire as the whipping boys of the modern game, but Leicestershire have been like us this season and Derbyshire almost qualified for the Final last year.

344 all out and Lancashire are just starting their reply.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I tend to agree with you. When I first saw the group Glamorgan were in, I thought it would be embarrassing, but we’ve been competitive in every game we’ve played and if we were more used to winning, I think we could have won at least one more game. I think of Glamorgan, Leicestershire and Derbyshire as the whipping boys of the modern game, but Leicestershire have been like us this season and Derbyshire almost qualified for the Final last year.

344 all out and Lancashire are just starting their reply.
    Yep all round consistently good performances so far this season. Nearly all the batsmen got going and 344 is a healthy score and guarantees the draw if there is no play tomorrow. Shame we couldn’t quite get that fourth batting point but if we bowl Lancs out inside 110 overs we will finish with a decent 14 point haul.