+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, very disappointing stuff. You could make a case for saying that they were unlucky to lose an impirtant toss, but their batting in the second innings has knocked that on the head.

One other thing, when we next play Middlesex at home, can we take it to an out ground (why can’t we play at that lovely ground at Abergavenny again?), we seem to be beaten before a ball is bowled when we play them in Cardiff.

Yep our record is dreadful against them in Cardiff. Is there a cost implication playing games outside of Sophia Gardens? I presume Colwyn Bay will have it’s usual games. Beyond that Neath have a couple of Royal London games and that’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep our record is dreadful against them in Cardiff. Is there a cost implication playing games outside of Sophia Gardens? I presume Colwyn Bay will have it’s usual games. Beyond that Neath have a couple of Royal London games and that’s about it.
    Yes, I think it is down to cost. There’s no game at Newport then? I thought they’d have a one day game and we really should be playing some cricket at St Helen’s - it’s terrible the way that grounds been allowed to go to pot.

Yes, I think it is down to cost. There’s no game at Newport then? I thought they’d have a one day game and we really should be playing some cricket at St Helen’s - it’s terrible the way that grounds been allowed to go to pot.
    I checked the fixtures and I can’t see any in St Helens which is plain wrong. Not any in Newport either.

When I was a lad I used to go to St Helens several times a season with my dad, in fact I preferred it to the old Sophia Gardens ground (I also liked the old Arms Park Ground)

I can understand why they play the majoritty of games in Cardiff but I agree that they should play some cricket at swansea and the odd day at some of the other grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When I was a lad I used to go to St Helens several times a season with my dad, in fact I preferred it to the old Sophia Gardens ground (I also liked the old Arms Park Ground)

I can understand why they play the majoritty of games in Cardiff but I agree that they should play some cricket at swansea and the odd day at some of the other grounds.
    Swansea was unique on the county cricket circuit, the Liberty Stadium, or whatever it’s called these days, has a lot to answer for!