Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
I do hope they keep this structure for championship next year with seeding based on finishes. It’s got more going for it than the two division split IMO.

I’m a little uncertain about the next phase of it outside the top group that then plays for the final at Lords. What they could do is have it so those three groups have promotion / relegation with those finishing bottom of each group going down in the seedlings and those winning the other two groups going up in the seeding for next season.
Can't quite make my mind up. Its great that every club has a chance of the final at the start of the season. But there will be a lot of meaningless games from now on as you point out. Even within the top group after a game or two. Clubs are taking through the points they gained against the other team that qualified from their group. If a team don't take many points in with them and then lose the first game they could be looking at nothing to play for.

I wonder if it may work a little bit better with the top group of 6 who play each other twice as at present. Then a bottom group of 12 who only play each other once. Could then have a shield game maybe for the top 2 in the lower group