+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Huge 6 by Carlson to win it !! Absolutely brilliant by Glamorgan
    https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...ket%2F60076639

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    They’re not going to make this easy are they!
    I was wrong, they did, great win with some decent contributions from a number of players

Fantastic win

That’s got to be Glamorgan’s best four day win in a long time - a comfortable victory against everyone’s tip for the title.

The Notts commentator sounded like a decent bloke over the past four days, but I am so glad we won after his slightly arrogant words in this season preview piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60880334

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Second century of the season for Bracey of Gloucestershire and Haines of Sussex is 203 not out, a couple of possible England players doing well there.

There’s a possibility of a remarkable achievement at Canterbury where Kent opener Ben Compton (Dennis Compton’s grand son), having carried his bat in the first innings is still in second time around with seven wickets down - I’m sure an opener has batted right through both innings some time before in cricket, but, having been a fan of the game since the mid sixties, I’m not sure it’s happened in the domestic game in all of that time.
    Didn't Alec Stewart carry his bat twice in a Test in the Windies a while back?

A very comfortable win. Excellent stuff with plenty of strong contributions throughout the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't Alec Stewart carry his bat twice in a Test in the Windies a while back?
    No. It had only been done twice in the history of the game. The first time was in 1875 and the South African player Jimmy Cook, who played for SomerSet in the eighties, did it as well.

It’s not going to happen today, Compton was the last man out in Kent’s second innings.

No. It had only been done twice in the history of the game. The first time was in 1875 and the South African player Jimmy Cook, who played for SomerSet in the eighties, did it as well.

It’s not going to happen today, Compton was the last man out in Kent’s second innings.
    Very Half a Beeish, great stats

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very Half a Beeish, great stats
    Only cos I heard it on the radio - think Cook equalled the record on 31 June.

Only cos I heard it on the radio - think Cook equalled the record on 31 June.
    And there’s me thinking that you’re CCMB’s equivalent of the Bearded Wonder. So let down

That’s got to be Glamorgan’s best four day win in a long time - a comfortable victory against everyone’s tip for the title.

The Notts commentator sounded like a decent bloke over the past four days, but I am so glad we won after his slightly arrogant words in this season preview piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60880334
    Not only a win, Bob, but a cruise! We had the best of every day. I can't recall us chasing a total like that in a 4th innings with such ease.

England will be looking at Carlson soon. But then they will be looking at everyone who has scored a run!

I read that it's the first County Championship win there in almost 25 years. Bizarre that a few hundred yards across the road we have won ten times in that period.

I was lucky enough to be at the 50 over final. Perhaps Trent Bridge will match the City Ground in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I read that it's the first County Championship win there in almost 25 years. Bizarre that a few hundred yards across the road we have won ten times in that period.

I was lucky enough to be at the 50 over final. Perhaps Trent Bridge will match the City Ground in the future!
    In fairness I don’t think they’d played there for 15 of those.

Well, in the end that was… easy…?!

Fantastic effort and a thoroughly satisfying win. I don’t think you could say Notts played very poorly either and looking back the difference was perhaps a tale of two tails in the first innings.

Wonderful to spend a day in the park in the sun with the radio on to listen to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    In fairness I don’t think they’d played there for 15 of those.
    I don’t think we’ve played them very often at all in the championship since the split in divisions. I can remember Ingram saving a game from what looked like certain defeat a few years ago but that was in Sophia Gardens and don’t think there was a corresponding fixture up there.

Not a good start for the match against Middlesex

29-4

Shaheen is some bowler ,one of my favourite players

put in to bat , not a good start 30 for 4 so far

52 for 7 now. Looks like it was a good toss to win.

What a morning. Extra frustrating to see that the only player who scored runs got run out.

We've got an abysmal record against Middlesex in Cardiff dating all the way back to the days when we played at Cardiff Arms Park.

I watched about twenty minutes of it this morning and the pitch didn't look too bad, but, clearly, there's something in it - unfortunately, wickets at Cardiff tend to flatten out as the days go by.

First Team

Sorry people but Middlesex are my team by birth and as a traditionalist I have to follow them (with Glammy a close second).

Not sure how on earth this happened as Middx have been rank awful for a few seasons now and with Finn gone it was looking grim.

However, the old saying about never commenting until both teams have batted still rings true for me not withstanding Bob’s comments about how the wicket beds down at Sophia Gardens.

Woeful stuff. Labuschagne out playing no stroke again. Lloyd needlessly run out. Cooke playing a one day shot when his team needed him to stuck it out. Harris taking the bait and going for the hook. Very poor.
    This game is going to be lost in the first session.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Woeful stuff. Labuschagne out playing no stroke again. Lloyd needlessly run out. Cooke playing a one day shot when his team needed him to stuck it out. Harris taking the bait and going for the hook. Very poor.
    This game is going to be lost in the first session.
    I despair with cooke sometimes, really good batsman but just seems to do so many stupid things. He ran out Lloyd today, then played that ridiculous shot himself.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I despair with cooke sometimes, really good batsman but just seems to do so many stupid things. He ran out Lloyd today, then played that ridiculous shot himself.
    He is a very talented player but for some reason rarely goes on to post big scores. I have no idea why he played that shot.

Annoying stand, need a quick wicket this morning.

Finally broken the simpson/Roland Jones partnership. Starting to look like a tough situation to dig ourselves out of though.