+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

How quickly a game can change! Notts looked like they were starting to get away from us there. 2 quick wickets and they're 264 for 6

Two wickets for Labuschagne bowling medium pace - actually, he looks a bit quicker than that!

Great day in the end. Certainly wasn't expecting that about midway through the afternoon session. From Notts at 240 odd for 4 with 2 batsman scoring quickly. End up 270 runs behind with all 10 wickets left.

Credit to Salter and Lloyd aswell. It's hard to make a statement in 5 overs at the end of the day, but they've done it.

Just don't chuck it away this morning.

good solid start again this morning needed

Salter gone 46/1. Steady the lads.

oh dear

OH!!! Marnus 50/2.

I see that Ollie Pope has another century at the Oval.
    Pity that England can't play every home game there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Popped in after work to catch an hour or so before the close of play and saw him reach his hundred. They were playing on a wicket very close to the right of the pavilion end.

Hard to be too hard on Marnus, these things do happen even to the best batsmen in the world and he was helpfully in the wickets yesterday. Who said the standard in the county championship isn’t good enough ‘ey?!

That game we played at the Oval to finish last season had a combined score of about 1,500 for 18 didn’t it - Surrey should have been docked points for that pitch.

And after watching City in local derby mode for forty five minutes, the first thing I see at the cricket is a Glamorgan wicket falling - 214-6, Northeast 72 not out.

Finished 354-9 after a hundred stand between Weighell and Van Der Guyten with the latter still there on fifty six - two good days so far against the big favourites for the title.

First session tomorrow will be crucial. Add a few runs and take a couple of early wickets and we're in the driving seat.

A very good day and it’s nice to see the tail wagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    First session tomorrow will be crucial. Add a few runs and take a couple of early wickets and we're in the driving seat.

Definitely. Good move for them to shut up shop the last few overs and make sure they start the day tomorrow. Good chance to frustrate notts for a few overs, and make life a bit less predictable for their openers.

Hogan’s on nought off eleven balls, has he ever reached that number of balls faced without getting out or scoring a run in his career before? Somehow, I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hogan’s on nought off eleven balls, has he ever reached that number of balls faced without getting out or scoring a run in his career before? Somehow, I doubt it
    I was thinking the same thing during work yesterday. I reckon he probably has, but it would have involved a lot of playing and missing!!! I'd be interested to know if he blocked his 11 yesterday or if the slogs over cow Corner just didn't connect.

77 run lead not bad 4 batting points as well to go with the 3 bowling points

I really hope Hogan reconsiders his retirement. The man's getting better and better. 2 early wickets, glamorgan on the march!!!

Both Notts openers out for ducks. Both to Hogan.

Elsewhere, Essex chasing 84 to beat Somerset, are 57-7.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Elsewhere, Essex chasing 84 to beat Somerset, are 57-7.
    I noticed they were 4 for 4 earlier. For any Australians tuning in, that's 4 for 4.

I noticed they were 4 for 4 earlier. For any Australians tuning in, that's 4 for 4.

Essex win by one wicket.

Good one !