+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    What is the point in Selman in this format.
    Chews up balls then gets out.
    He did well when he came into the side last season. He is painfully slow in the four day stuff but can hit out in the shorter game

Not for me Pearcey sorry
    Puts all the pressure on Lloyd to get us off to a start

Not for me Pearcey sorry
    Puts all the pressure on Lloyd to get us off to a start
    It’s how Lloyd plays anyway. He would be looking to give it a go whoever was his opening partner

Cooke gone so 99/4. Advantage Glos.

I feel sorry for Labuschagne. He has batted superbly with very little support. The bowling has to improve as well.
    Really would like to see Neser come into the side for Ingram

A valiant effort by our Marnus to get so close 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    A valiant effort by our Marnus to get so close ��
    What an effort. He ran his heart out between the wicket and 93 out out off 56 balls.
    He should have been on the winning side. The bowling has to improve and Ingram must step up.

He has to open with Lloyd
    Ingram needs to find form quickly or Neser has to play.
    One that got away tonight
    Would have beeb good to start with a win

He has to open with Lloyd
    Ingram needs to find form quickly or Neser has to play.
    One that got away tonight
    Would have beeb good to start with a win
    One that definitely got away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What an effort. He ran his heart out between the wicket and 93 out out off 56 balls.
    He should have been on the winning side. The bowling has to improve and Ingram must step up.
    Superb - hope his heroics in defeat inspires others to raise their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Superb - hope his heroics in defeat inspires others to raise their game.
    They need to. We gave that game away in the last five overs of Glos innings with their lower going at between 12/13 runs a over. We should have been chasing 170 max. If Neser plays ahead of Ingram we win that game tonight. He’s not just a very good bowler. He can bat too.

Lloyd banged 28 off 15. Marcus 93 off 56. Im too pissed to work out exactly what the the rest needed to chip in. But its not much, at just over a run a ball. The best batsman in world cricket tries his heart out every game he plays for us, they just need to front up and support him

The other real joke of planning/coaching was cooke ahead of carlson. Carlson the in form batsman, and more importantly the only other player as quick between the wickets as marnus. Maynard is beyond clueless, he seems to have a magnetic attraction to the wrong decision at every occasion. This is a side to win silverware, hamstrung by a toxic moron in the coaches chair

Watching the high scoring game last night which just went against Glamorgan, the thought occurred to me that the pitch was a lot better than the ones we've seen for at least three of the four four day matches played at Cardiff this season.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The other real joke of planning/coaching was cooke ahead of carlson. Carlson the in form batsman, and more importantly the only other player as quick between the wickets as marnus. Maynard is beyond clueless, he seems to have a magnetic attraction to the wrong decision at every occasion. This is a side to win silverware, hamstrung by a toxic moron in the coaches chair
    I thought Cooke going ahead was the right call and he did have a decent innings. Carlson is a little flaky and after such a great start to the season is just dropping off.
    I’m fine with Maynard. I don’t think this side is particularly strong. Take out Labuschagne and we would have been bowled out for less than 100

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thought Cooke going ahead was the right call and he did have a decent innings. Carlson is a little flaky and after such a great start to the season is just dropping off.
    I’m fine with Maynard. I don’t think this side is particularly strong. Take out Labuschagne and we would have been bowled out for less than 100
    Might have been talking through my wallet slightly after losing a bet! But I do think there's a decent side there. Carlson looked in good nick, out going for a 6 when the run rate was getting very high. I think carlson and marnus really could have pushed the 2's from early on in the innings.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Might have been talking through my wallet slightly after losing a bet! But I do think there's a decent side there. Carlson looked in good nick, out going for a 6 when the run rate was getting very high. I think carlson and marnus really could have pushed the 2's from early on in the innings.
    Yep agreed and Lloyd didn’t need to throw his wicket away when we were going along nicely.

How come the attendance is so pitiful when it is rammed at Edgebaston?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    How come the attendance is so pitiful when it is rammed at Edgebaston?
    Only allowed a 1000 as a test event for the welsh government

Essex 27-1 off four overs.

91-4 off 13 overs.

Lloyd gives his wicket away again. He doesn’t need to try and hit every ball out of the ground especially when they are ahead of the run rate.

Who is this Selman fella, where has he been hiding?

They seem to have moved the start of this week’s games to 5pm. So more difficult to get to after work and clashing directly with Wednesday’s vital game. Do they actually want anyone there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They seem to have moved the start of this week’s games to 5pm. So more difficult to get to after work and clashing directly with Wednesday’s vital game. Do they actually want anyone there?
    Problem with one of the floodlights so need to finish earlier