+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not many is it?

Like printing money
    I wish they'd made the error of forgetting the 0, rather than me haha. Great price for a 50 though considering the form he is in

Sky Sports commentator, “Daren we’re in England, no talk about penalties” ffs.

Bairstow passes 50

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Bairstow passes 50
    Really thought the commentator had jinxed me, when he announced his half century after getting to 48 !

The biggest issue I have that it’s a franchise system I have no interest in. I don’t care about Welsh Fire. What’s exactly Welsh about this squad with only one Welsh player involved

Can see Maynard has a bit influence in this side. Off spinner opens to right hander, strike changes so they bring the leggie on for the left hander. Fantastic 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The biggest issue I have that it’s a franchise system I have no interest in. I don’t care about Welsh Fire. What’s exactly Welsh about this squad with only one Welsh player involved
    I have the same issue with England.

Tell you what, Glamorgan might be crap at T20, but we’ve one or two who would improve the fielding of this side - if the Welsh Fire lose this, it’ll be down to the cheap boundaries they’ve given away.

Also, after my earlier misgivings about the pitch, it’s been exactly what you need for a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    ^^^this

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I have the same issue with England.
    I too have battled with this over the years.
    Sometimes I'm for and sometimes against.

Raining at Taunton, so no sign of play yet - I suppose match abandoned wouldn’t be a bad outcome for an away match with Somerset.

5-2. Pair for Hogan and a great start.

Somerset currently 14 for 3 (hogan taken all 3 wickets). Game has been reduced to 41 overs because of the rain.

SomerSet 41-4 in the fourteenth over, another wicket to Hogan.

Glammy doing the best to throw this game against Somerset - 18 needed to win but only 2 wickets left! Ah now one wicket, they have thrown it away!

how the f### did we lose that?

Some of those wickets were criminal considering the state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Exciting finish but as you say some criminal throwing away of wickets when they only needed to knock the ball around and accumulate singles, they had plenty of time to get the required runs

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    this is not a professional team coached by professionals based on that showing.

Disapointing result and manner of defeat. But still encouraged with this group of players so far in the 50 over comp.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Disapointing result and manner of defeat. But still encouraged with this group of players so far in the 50 over comp.
    I agree, I think some of the criticism of yesterday is a bit over the top given that,although they were also depleted somewhat, SomerSet are one of the strongest sides in this country and defending champions of this tro0hy. If Gorman had muddled that final ball a little bit Berger, Glamorgan would have - it was o ly a yard or two short of being a six.

Such a shame to lose like that. With all the rain around I had assumed the game had been abandoned as a draw.

Not a great start for us; no idea how we'll do with 12 players being lost to the new crap thing...

Surrey 30-3 in the tenth over.