+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

northeast out for 89 need 5 runs from 6 overs

Brilliant from Northeast and Lloyd. Kent could help us if they can chase down Glos large total.
    We could possibly be top four tonight so all to play for.
    Shame the weather forecast is poor for Friday night.

EASY EASY EASY EASY! 😅

As a certain poster on here would say, that was a right leathering.

That was outstanding.

Just got back, what an absolutely phenomenal performance. Chuffed for Lloyd, takes real guts to keep going out and being aggressive when things aren't coming off for you. He'd taken that game away from middlesex inside 4 overs. That innings by Northeast was one of the best I've ever seen. Showed the aggression that's been missing and brilliant levels of skill. Don't think I've ever seen a better t20 partnership

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Just got back, what an absolutely phenomenal performance. Chuffed for Lloyd, takes real guts to keep going out and being aggressive when things aren't coming off for you. He'd taken that game away from middlesex inside 4 overs. That innings by Northeast was one of the best I've ever seen. Showed the aggression that's been missing and brilliant levels of skill. Don't think I've ever seen a better t20 partnership
    The crowd looked decent....what do you reckon 6000?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The crowd looked decent....what do you reckon 6000?
    Yeah , probably 6000 to 6500. Seemed like they'd given a load of free tickets out to school groups, very commendable from glamorgan. Was a real buzz down there which was great to see !

Yeah , probably 6000 to 6500. Seemed like they'd given a load of free tickets out to school groups, very commendable from glamorgan. Was a real buzz down there which was great to see !
    Shame Glos edged home v Kent. Let’s hope the weather stays dry on Friday night.

Shame Glos edged home v Kent. Let’s hope the weather stays dry on Friday night.
    Caught the last 4 overs of that Kent game, really thought they might sneak it. Could do with middlesex picking up a tight win over Essex on Thursday now

That’s our sixth win over Middlesex in the last seven T20 matches played in Cardiff and I can remember us beating them at Sophia Gardens in fifty over matches quite a few times in recent years. Why is it therefore, that when they turn up in Cardiff for a four day match, they walk all over us? Its hardly as if they’ve been dominant in that version of the game in the twenty first century.

Amazing stuff by Glamorgan last night where they would have easily disproved my theory that 200 was beyond them if they’d had to, but I still reckon they need two wins and a no result, at least, to qualify.

Caught the last 4 overs of that Kent game, really thought they might sneak it. Could do with middlesex picking up a tight win over Essex on Thursday now
    It’s not looking good weather wise unfortunately on Friday……

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    It’s not looking good weather wise unfortunately on Friday……
    I suppose a point against one of the top 2 could be argued as a decent result. If essex and Hampshire lose on Thursday we could be in a nice position.

A rain shortened game could be quite interesting. Before last night I wouldn't have given us much chance of beating smeed/banton in a 5 over smash. After last night I'd be tempted to makes us favourites

Those rain symbols on BBC forecasts are always a downer for cricket fans, but, if you look at the percentage chances figures in the forecast, it doesn't look too bad for Friday - the biggest chance of rain is between eight and nine, but it looks like they should be able to complete a game as the rain is forccast to stop after that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653822

Suffice to say they got very lucky with Tom Smith claiming this rather egregious catch...

https://twitter.com/QwentyJ/status/1...CRymT94y2UhASw

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Suffice to say they got very lucky with Tom Smith claiming this rather egregious catch...

Unbelievable. Seems like glos always get the luck

Unbelievable. Seems like glos always get the luck
    Not just luck, he must have been able to feel the rope as he was taking the catch, something like that would attract a bringing the game into disrepute charge in football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not just luck, he must have been able to feel the rope as he was taking the catch, something like that would attract a bringing the game into disrepute charge in football.
    Yeah you'd think he must have felt something. Hopefully it won't prove pivotal to our qualification chances

With Hants and Essex winning tonight we really need to play and win tomorrow night but the forecast suggests the game won’t reach a conclusion. If we get a point tomorrow night we would have to win both our remaining games to have any chance of top four.

With Hants and Essex winning tonight we really need to play and win tomorrow night but the forecast suggests the game won’t reach a conclusion. If we get a point tomorrow night we would have to win both our remaining games to have any chance of top four.
    Bit of a crap set of results really. All 3 games tonight going the wrong way for us. Only positive i suppose is that lf we beat Somerset we kinda drag them back into the fight, and make it 5 teams competing for 3 places instead of 4 teams for 2 places.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post

that's a shocker!

Bit of a crap set of results really. All 3 games tonight going the wrong way for us. Only positive i suppose is that lf we beat Somerset we kinda drag them back into the fight, and make it 5 teams competing for 3 places instead of 4 teams for 2 places.
    We really need a positive result tomorrow night. A point is unlikely to be enough.

Weather forecast for Cardiff has got worse since I last looked, there has to be a strong chance that it’ll be called off.

Start delayed, but playdue to start at 7.05 according to the BBC website.