Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
Any news of Glamorgan incomings ahead of next season? Other counties seem to be making a few.

On top of Michael Hogan, the following are out of contract by all accounts: Callum Taylor; Kiran Carlson; Billy Root; Joe Cooke; Lukas Carey; Ruaidhri Smith; Jamie McIlroy; Timm van der Gugten; James Weighell; Andy Gorvin; Tegid Phillips.

Fair to assume that at least 4 of those will be leaving.

I know Ingram is hoping for a contract, but can't help but feel that a second overseas seamer to join Neser is the right thing to do.
Ingram deserves a contract on this season’s form, but I’d be loathe to keep him on if it comes with a demand that he can jet off to play in another part of the world like he’s doing for our last month of the Championship season.

If you’re right about all of those players being out of contract there’s potential for a City like rebuild during the winter, but it’d be cheaper and more realistic to go for a half and half approach. The only ones I’d definitely want to keep in that list are Carlson and Van Der Gugten, but I’d probably offer Root and one or two of Cooke!, McIlroy and Weighella contract.

Australia are touring next year aren’t they, so I don’t think it’s worth going for Labuschagne. Getting Northeast last winter was a bit of a shock which makes me think Glamorgan can look for out of contract domestic players at a higher level than I thought they could - I’d be inclined to look for another seamer domestically and go for an overseas batsman who can bowl a bit of spin.