Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

well they've started pretty quickly

steady solid start 39 without loss lets keep it going hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    188 to win - too many I reckon.
    I always think that regardless of what the chase is!!! Never seem to have any confidence in the batsmen until its done

50 up without loss

cook gone for 38 - his best innings so far

half way there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    half way there
    Living on a prayer??

137/3. So far so good. It has been a top day for Glammy. That spell of an hour just after lunch was as well as the team have bowled and fielded in a long long time. There was a real intensity and Neser’s bowling was superb backed up by his great catch and Labuschagne’s brilliant run out. Just finish this off tomorrow please. It would be an outstanding win.

Play restarted and now 143-3 with 45 wanted.
    However, Lancashire have put in a complaint that the pitch is substandard.

Win by six wickets for Glamorgan, Labuschagne 63 not out with a return to foes - an excellent win over a good side.

Won by 6 wickets.
    Never in doubt

Need Sussex and Kent to play well now. In with a good chance of top 2

Great victory. Neser has bowled well and good to see Marnus finish unbeaten on a bit of form.

Umps a bit trigger happy with LBWs but otherwise I don’t mind pitches like this, as someone said above does make batting BPs almost pointless but I’d rather close low scoring contests like this for the main and don’t think it became farcical. Shame we’re on to the short form now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Play restarted and now 143-3 with 45 wanted.
    However, Lancashire have put in a complaint that the pitch is substandard.
    Well winning by six wickets chasing just short of 200 shows that with patience and application runs can be scored.

Sounds like a bag of grapefruits to me Mister C.

That prick Davies was moaning about the pitch in his interview aswell. There were enough good innings and partnerships to prove that wrong. 188 for 4 hardly suggests a bad pitch either. It was a function of attacking batsman, 2 very good bowling attacks, and as another poster pointed out the umpires made a few bad out calls. If lancashire do complain , they should be docked points for a spurious complaint

A change of start time for Glamorgan's first T20 game tomorrow.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/st...blast-fixtures

Tonight’s game is live on the Glammy website. Glos 23/1 off 3

Really poor bowling. So much short stuff and it’s being despatched to and over the boundary

Glos 179/6. That’s a very good score in Cardiff. Not often teams get much beyond 150.The bowling was far too short.
    Ingram and Labuschagne need to perform as Neser is not playing with only two overseas players allowed.

Piss poor from the decision makers again. Selecting sisodiyia in the first place is daft, bowling him against 2 left handers in the power play is just mental. Brought back salter to face a set right hander , result 2 sixes. Timm has never been a good death bowler, why not keep him on when he was bowling well. We've got a team to do very well. Decision makers that belong in parks cricket.

Saying that mind. Very strong batting lineup we have out there. Should still knock these off

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Piss poor from the decision makers again. Selecting sisodiyia in the first place is daft, bowling him against 2 left handers in the power play is just mental. Brought back salter to face a set right hander , result 2 sixes. Timm has never been a good death bowler, why not keep him on when he was bowling well. We've got a team to do very well. Decision makers that belong in parks cricket.

Saying that mind. Very strong batting lineup we have out there. Should still knock these off

Sisodiya bowled superbly in this competition last season and bowling spinners at the start of the innings tended to work well. Not today.
    I felt TVG should have bowled his fours overs through instead of coming back on at the death.

41/3 Ingram out for just 1. He was poor two seasons ago and is going to need to justify his place in the side. We can’t afford to leave someone as good as Neser out if Ingram isn’t performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Sisodiya bowled superbly in this competition last season and bowling spinners at the start of the innings tended to work well. Not today.
    I felt TVG should have bowled his fours overs through instead of coming back on at the death.
    I get bowling a spinner early. But not a slow left armer against 2 left handed opening batsman. That's just asking for trouble

What is the point in Selman in this format.
    Chews up balls then gets out.