+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 100 of 221 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    There isn't another good enough batsman in the squad to justify pushing Cooke down as low as 7. He is too good a batsman to have to feel forced to score quickly as he's batting with the lower order.

As well as Lloyd has done as opener, I think Glamorgan are two openers short of being a decent team. Lloyd batting at 7 as the fifth bowling option with Neser at 8 would represent good depth. Hopefully one of the spinners will kick on - Taylor hasn't been great, but Salter has been one of the better second eleven players this season.
    Lloyd is way too good to be batting at 7

Glamorgan not doing bad at all on another rain affected day, 308-7 with fifties for Taylor and Douthwaite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan not doing bad at all on another rain affected day, 308-7 with fifties for Taylor and Douthwaite.
    Excellent batting especially being up against almost ideal bowling conditions for Anderson.

I think I prefer this 6 team format so far every bonus point feels important though can only see this finishing as a draw with 8points riding on it and the weather very changeable

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Excellent batting especially being up against almost ideal bowling conditions for Anderson.

I think I prefer this 6 team format so far every bonus point feels important though can only see this finishing as a draw with 8points riding on it and the weather very changeable
    Yes, I tend to agree with you. When I first saw the group Glamorgan were in, I thought it would be embarrassing, but we’ve been competitive in every game we’ve played and if we were more used to winning, I think we could have won at least one more game. I think of Glamorgan, Leicestershire and Derbyshire as the whipping boys of the modern game, but Leicestershire have been like us this season and Derbyshire almost qualified for the Final last year.

344 all out and Lancashire are just starting their reply.

Yes, I tend to agree with you. When I first saw the group Glamorgan were in, I thought it would be embarrassing, but we’ve been competitive in every game we’ve played and if we were more used to winning, I think we could have won at least one more game. I think of Glamorgan, Leicestershire and Derbyshire as the whipping boys of the modern game, but Leicestershire have been like us this season and Derbyshire almost qualified for the Final last year.

344 all out and Lancashire are just starting their reply.
    Yep all round consistently good performances so far this season. Nearly all the batsmen got going and 344 is a healthy score and guarantees the draw if there is no play tomorrow. Shame we couldn’t quite get that fourth batting point but if we bowl Lancs out inside 110 overs we will finish with a decent 14 point haul.

Match drawn with Lancashire declaring as soon as they reached 300 and three batting points, but not before Glamorgan had taken nine wickets to get their three bowling points - I reckon we’d have been well pleased with the prospect of getting fourteen points from this match beforehand.

Match drawn with Lancashire declaring as soon as they reached 300 and three batting points, but not before Glamorgan had taken nine wickets to get their three bowling points - I reckon we’d have been well pleased with the prospect of getting fourteen points from this match beforehand.
    Agreed

Another positive display, especially against a strong Lancs side.

Yep another very competitive performance. Nice to see Carlson, Cooke, Lloyd and Douthwaite all high up in the batting averages too.
    Neser looks good and it’s only a matter of time before Labuschagne starts posting some big scores. Hogan in great form too.
    Very encouraging.

Thursday game live on sky championship v yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    Thursday game live on sky championship v yorkshire
    Bloody rain forecast all week 😳

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bloody rain forecast all week ��
    If anything, the forecast has got worse for the next four days, with only Friday expected to be from interruption.
    Some good news though in that crowds are going to be allowed back in early June - you'll have to be a member to stand a chance of watching though.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...or-pilot-event

If anything, the forecast has got worse for the next four days, with only Friday expected to be from interruption.
    Some good news though in that crowds are going to be allowed back in early June - you'll have to be a member to stand a chance of watching though.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...or-pilot-event
    That's great news.
    The test event happening I mean not the being a member bit, I relinquished mine a few years back as not getting much out of it.

Hopefully the June weather will be like April's, had a gutsful of May's

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's great news.
    The test event happening I mean not the being a member bit, I relinquished mine a few years back as not getting much out of it.

Hopefully the June weather will be like April's, had a gutsful of May's
    they given up on today bloody rain

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    they given up on today bloody rain
    The second eleven’s four day game last week was abandoned without a ball being bowled and their match this week saw forty odd overs bowled on the first day and the next three were washed out.

The forecast for tomorrow isn’t too bad and given that the last game in Cardiff was over in two days, I suppose there’s still a chance of a positive result if we have a bit of luck with the weather on the weekend.

Play under way on time this morning. Not heard who won the toss, but Glamorgan are batting, so I presume they lost it because these are definitely putting in conditions, currently 5-0.

Yes, Yorkshire won the toss and unsurprisingly elected to bowl ... I think Edward Bevan is a guest during lunchtime

77-6 and top scorer Lloyd dropped twice before being out for 31 - batting has been very tough.

82/7. Cooke now out. Hopefully the bad weather might save us this time around

Yorkshire 10-3 in reply to Glamorgan’s 149 at tea.

Yep the game is pretty even. Hogan and Neser bowling well.

only just caught up with the score from yesterday the other bob suggested this could happen again with the weather forecast strange happenings again maybe something in the wicket has been changed or just changed naturally

What would you put Neser's pace at? He's no youngster is he.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    What would you put Neser's pace at? He's no youngster is he.
    Seems the quickest bowler on show in this game for either side - late eighties mph, so slightly below what would be labelled fast, I’d guess.

The pitch lasted pretty well for the Sussexmatch, whereas, although the weather wasn’t too bad for the Kent match it seemed a definite result wicket. On the other hand, I think what happened yesterday could be said to be down to the dampness of the pitch and the overhead conditions - looking at the forecast for today and tomorrow, I think the betting must be on another rain affected draw. Until we get a game played in dry conditions, it’s hard to tell if the Cardiff wicket has changed significantly, but my guess would be no.

Yorkshire 96 for 7.
    Didn't expect much play today.