+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Something to cheer you up following Glum’s batting today

https://fb.watch/c_69Px8xXt/

Watch it all but the funny bit is from approx 5 mins
    Yeah that was enjoyable. Shows how hard the job of umpires really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well I didn't expect this.
    I didn't either, I saw Neser when he came in and he looked all over the place!

This has been an excellent fightback. Root and Neser really doing well

Bloody excellent middle order performance, well done lads

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s a pretty frightening Durham bowling line up, but I’d say this side bats all the way down to number ten, so I reckon we’re well in the game at the moment.
    Deserves a call out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yeah that was enjoyable. Shows how hard the job of umpires really is.
    Bumble is hilarious in that clip

It’s a nice problem to have when you consider our batting in recent seasons, but Root, after a fine knock, is the latest batsman to be out between seventy and ninety nine - think we still only have one hundred this season.

Labuschagne is one of cricket’s real enthusiasts - the number one batsman in the world and he’s acting as a runner for Ven Der Gugten.

Fifty ahead, but Van Der Gugten’s surely not going to bowl in Durham’s second innings.

It’s a nice problem to have when you consider our batting in recent seasons, but Root, after a fine knock, is the latest batsman to be out between seventy and ninety nine - think we still only have one hundred this season.

Labuschagne is one of cricket’s real enthusiasts - the number one batsman in the world and he’s acting as a runner for Ven Der Gugten.

Fifty ahead, but Van Der Gugten’s surely not going to bowl in Durham’s second innings.
    Really disappointed with the commentary. The Durham guy as well as Nick Webb talking about Durham letting Glamorgan off the hook. Total nonsense as Root, Neser and Van Der Gugten batted really well. Shame that Webb didn’t mention this at all in commentary.

Durham 2 down already. Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Durham 2 down already. Good stuff
    Excellent stuff. Need to get Stokes out quickly tomorrow. All to play for.

Durham still 15 behind with 8 wickets left. Should be 2 good days now. Glamorgan had some cracking games this season and this is shaping up to be another.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Durham still 15 behind with 8 wickets left. Should be 2 good days now. Glamorgan had some cracking games this season and this is shaping up to be another.
    Good to see you posting on the cricket Father D. It’s a very competitive division and we are not reliant on Labuschagne like we were three years ago.

What a genius selection in bringing Root in but without the pressure of opening 😜

I notice elsewhere that Surrey scored 671-9, with no batsman getting to 3 figures. Is that some sort of record?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What a genius selection in bringing Root in but without the pressure of opening ��

I notice elsewhere that Surrey scored 671-9, with no batsman getting to 3 figures. Is that some sort of record?
    Yes it’s a record and around 60 runs more than the previous highest score without there being a centurion.

Yes it’s a record and around 60 runs more than the previous highest score without there being a centurion.
    Some serious jug evasion going on there though. Three getting out in the nineties.

Cheers Pearcy. I not surprised to be honest. It's the sort of question that gets posed on the Ask Steven column on cricinfo. Worth a read if you like that sort of stuff.

Slow down lads, don't get too excited yet. Great to see the fightback yesterday does wonders for morale and team spirit. we have been known to roll over in this situation lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Slow down lads, don't get too excited yet. Great to see the fightback yesterday does wonders for morale and team spirit. we have been known to roll over in this situation lately.
    An important bowler light as well - more of Labuschagne's seamers I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    To be fair, we've done pretty well this season at closing the opportunities out. One duff performance against middlesex. But we've been seriously good in the rest of the matches

Van der Gugten and Lloyd (haven’t heard with what yet?) out of the attack may make things today a bit tougher. Fantastic fight back yesterday though, all credit to Root and Neser in particular. Middlesex aside the Glammy games in this block of championship matches have been good value fairplay.

This as well. The man’s a walking 10cc song!

Two bowlers down on a hot day playing in a flat track. It will a hard afternoon.

Two wickets for Labuschagne andNeser has just bowled Beddlingham with a beauty, so Durham have lost three for eleven - 190-6.

160 lead for durham with 3 wickets left.

Glamorgan probably slight favourites only thing is stokes is batting.......