+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 224 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 5586

Thread: GLAMMY

First Team

Re: GLAMMY

Yes, a decent recovery especially, as you say, normally we would all be fearing the worst after three cheap wickets. Need to kick on from here now and post 300+.

Someone stay with Carson ffs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Someone stay with Carson ffs
    Decent partnership developing now with Douthwaite.
    Carlson just got his ton after leading a charmed life in the 90's, dropped at slip then Sussex keeper missed a stumping.

239/6 at tea.

There’s a debate going on in the commentary box whether it was a catch or not - it looked like one to me. Also, they don’t think it was a stumping chance.

Bit of a collapse by Glamorgan, all out 285, leaving Carlson stranded on 127.

Very poor session so far with the ball this from Glamorgan. Lot of cricket left and a decent weather forecast (could’ve done with it last week) but Sussex off at a decent pace so far and with their noses ahead at the moment.

Great effort from Carlson and Lloyd but too many didn’t contribute enough. Weighell not off to a great start with his bowling.
    Need at least one wicket before close.

Labuschagne (160 n.o) and Neser (5-27) starring for Queensland in the Sheffield Shield final which bodes well for us when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    Labuschagne (160 n.o) and Neser (5-27) starring for Queensland in the Sheffield Shield final which bodes well for us when they arrive.
    im sure i read its game 5 they are here

We could do with some snow.

can't bring myself to watching the live stream of us getting battered round the park........ and then it's Reading later

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    can't bring myself to watching the live stream of us getting battered round the park........ and then it's Reading later
    Nearly 5 hours later, and a thrashing by an innings is now on the cards with Sussex 429-6

This seventh wicket stand is painful.

478/8.
    No excuses tomorrow sun all day.
    Bat all day and then skittle em out for 100.
    Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    478/8.
    No excuses tomorrow sun all day.
    Bat all day and then skittle em out for 100.
    Simples.
    This is Glammy you're talking about remember - 109/4 still a ton to get to make them bat again 🙏

So many batsmen out lbw in this game.

Another nice ton from Carlson. He'll need to make a double ton if we're going stand a chance of saving the game I fear.

258-5 at the close with an unbroken stand of a hundred plus between Carlson and Taylor. In effect we’re 62-5, but we’ve done well to reach a score like that considering that, for the fourth time out of four, we lost our first three wickets in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    258-5 at the close with an unbroken stand of a hundred plus between Carlson and Taylor. In effect we’re 62-5, but we’ve done well to reach a score like that considering that, for the fourth time out of four, we lost our first three wickets in no time.
    Yeah fantastic effort by Carlson but we really need a start from our openers. Selman really needs some runs.

Carlson has done brilliantly but you know Sussex will wrap this up pretty quickly tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yeah fantastic effort by Carlson but we really need a start from our openers. Selman really needs some runs.
    Some crazy shots still being played by lower order, a couple of dubious lbw decisions but well done Carsson for a great effort and well supported by Taylor.

Should be interesting tomorrow as they can still save this if they believe

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Some crazy shots still being played by lower order, a couple of dubious lbw decisions but well done Carsson for a great effort and well supported by Taylor.

Should be interesting tomorrow as they can still save this if they believe
    We need to bat to well into the afternoon. Still a likely Sussex win but you never know

348/8. Brilliant effort by our young batsman but we need to bat to tea and I think it unlikely. This Weighell signing just has had an appalling debut. A pair and 0/96 off 15 overs.
    In start contrast Hogan posted fabulous figures of 4/46 off 23.4 overs. In the context of a Sussex total just shy of 500 that’s fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    348/8. Brilliant effort by our young batsman but we need to bat to tea and I think it unlikely. This Weighell signing just has had an appalling debut. A pair and 0/96 off 15 overs.
    In start contrast Hogan posted fabulous figures of 4/46 off 23.4 overs. In the context of a Sussex total just shy of 500 that’s fantastic.
    Two more LBWs! Well, I hope Taylor makes it to his hundred now because he certainly deserves one. I was going to say the same thing about Weighell - he averaged under 30 per wicket at Durham, but that may tell you more about the Riverside wicket than him. However, if that is the case, then it makes his batting average of 24 more impressive.

I wonder if Robinson will play a test match before the summer’s out? I think he might.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Two more LBWs! Well, I hope Taylor makes it to his hundred now because he certainly deserves one. I was going to say the same thing about Weighell - he averaged under 30 per wicket at Durham, but that may tell you more about the Riverside wicket than him. However, if that is the case, then it makes his batting average of 24 more impressive.

I wonder if Robinson will play a test match before the summer’s out? I think he might.
    Very disappointing end. 349 all out having looked like the draw was on. Robinson has had a very good match. Looks a good player.