+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 221 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Start the rain dance.....

This is so Glamorgan. Yorks get a lead of 100+ and we lose by an innings.

I can't believe they've played for so long. 30 miles away here in East Wales, sorry border country, sorry bandit country, it's been peeing down all afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    This is so Glamorgan. Yorks get a lead of 100+ and we lose by an innings.
    At least that’s not going to happen, Glamorgan 108-3 at the close with forty odd not outs for Lloyd and Carlson - the pitch is getting easier it seems, so, perhaps, the best we can hope for is more rain and eleven points for a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    At least that’s not going to happen, Glamorgan 108-3 at the close with forty odd not outs for Lloyd and Carlson - the pitch is getting easier it seems, so, perhaps, the best we can hope for is more rain and eleven points for a draw.
    Hope so, maybe with a bit of batting practice for Carlson and Root, and maybe Cooke if absolutely necessary 🤞

Excellent fourth wicket stand. Lloyd really looks like a good batsman these days but we need a reliable opener alongside him. Carlson is having an excellent season but he had one or two iffy moments.
    Labuschagne needs some runs.
    Neser looks like a top signing.

Still no play today so another draw now almost certain. The weather looks poor for the next game v Kent too so odds on that being drawn too.

A few overs possible but a draw game, well batted Kiran Carlson

Got on for an hour or so. it looks like Lloyd got out lbw pretty quickly. Caught a few overs online at the end. Carlson again did well if you ignore the last over where he played and missed at all 5 bouncers sent down, only scoring off the last. He finished on 88 not out.

Looks as is covid means that Labuschagne will be staying with us a bit longer than originally intended

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57140589

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Looks as is covid means that Labuschagne will be staying with us a bit longer than originally intended

Good news for us I think. I hope he can soon get a decent knock on the board.

And Neser!

Great news.
    Tough on the lad himself but his loss is our gain.
    He'll have many more chances for the Aussies.

I'd have a slight concern about Labuschagne's attitude at a time when he should have been playing for his country, but, on the face of it, it's good news for us, as is Neser's availability - I thought he overdid the short stuff a bit when Root and Patterson were putting on all of those runs, but he's an impressive bowler who is more pacey than I expected.

The weather forecast for the next four days at Canterbury is not great, but not as bad as around here. However today was supposed to be dry all day there according to the BBC's forecast and yet it's a start delayed, inspection at 11.30 there I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The weather forecast for the next four days at Canterbury is not great, but not as bad as around here. However today was supposed to be dry all day there according to the BBC's forecast and yet it's a start delayed, inspection at 11.30 there I'm afraid.
    Michael Fish hasn't come out of retirement has he?

Kent 84 for 6 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Kent 84 for 6 this morning.
    3 wickets each for TVG and Neser
    Kent have struggled so far this season and seem to be again today

150-8 at lunch with Darren Stevens leading a bit of a Kent fight back, four wickets each for VanDerGugten and Neser.

Stevens is going to get yet another century against us. Once again we struggle to finish off the opposition. From 92/7 to 182/8 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Stevens is going to get yet another century against us. Once again we struggle to finish off the opposition. From 92/7 to 182/8 and counting
    Fair play to Stevens incredible knock, currently 126 not out - age no barrier, think he’s 45 years old now

I can't believe this. We should have been batting for an hour now. So frustrating

Braindead bowling. Stevens is a remarkable cricketer but this has been dire in the field.

There is no excuse for this. It’s beyond incompetent.

This has been unprofessional and Maynard needs to read the riot act. To not even make their number ten even have to play a shot for ball after ball is unacceptable. This afternoon session has been humiliating