+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Could Leicestershire declare their first innings on 0/0, bowl at us again, then have a decent target to chase tomorrow?
    If we get to 150, we could make them follow on

Hopefully the pitch is a bowlers paradise and this a decent total.

If Leicester did declare their first innings at 0/0 I suppose we'd have no chance at bowling bonus points. Could actually be a clever/cynical move for them to make

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Hopefully the pitch is a bowlers paradise and this a decent total.

If Leicester did declare their first innings at 0/0 I suppose we'd have no chance at bowling bonus points. Could actually be a clever/cynical move for them to make
    Been watching the last twenty minutes and, like yesterday evening,it looks like the usual crap Cardiff wicket (lifeless and slow), that combined with the Aussie ball which goes soft after about thirty overs makes it hard to see how there could be a positive result without the sort of contrivance between captains you don’t tend to get these days.

Neser and Harris turning things around for Glamorgan with a century stand, 200-7.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Been watching the last twenty minutes and, like yesterday evening,it looks like the usual crap Cardiff wicket (lifeless and slow), that combined with the Aussie ball which goes soft after about thirty overs makes it hard to see how there could be a positive result without the sort of contrivance between captains you don’t tend to get these days.

Neser and Harris turning things around for Glamorgan with a century stand, 200-7.
    This kookaburra trial seems very much at odds with the other stated desire for this season of 'encouraging positive cricket'. Could have understood as a 1 off, but 3 games seems mad.

I would have thought the change in points structure this year would have been a good encouragement for captain's agreements to set a game up. But as you say, they just don't seem to be interested in doing it anymore.

This kookaburra trial seems very much at odds with the other stated desire for this season of 'encouraging positive cricket'. Could have understood as a 1 off, but 3 games seems mad.

I would have thought the change in points structure this year would have been a good encouragement towards a captain's to set a game up. But as you say, they just don't seem to be interested in doing it anymore
    The commentators were speculating that, as scoring rates don’t seem so bad with kookaburra ball at other grounds, that the Cardiff pitch exaggerates the effects of the ball. It won’t happen because it would be a pretty low priority for a club where money is tight, but I dig up a few pitches to lay new ones with some pace and bounce that, hopefully, would provide something for the spinners as the game went on.

Durham apart, it’s a very tight division this year with every other club still entertaining hopes of the second promotion place, I don’t you’ll be seeing any declaration games until it gets to the stage where sides have to win to maintain hopes of going up.

Looks like Durham have pretty much wrapped up the division. Was keeping occasional tabs on the game for day 1 and 2 and gloucester were in it. First innings collapse from Glos, one big partnership from Durham, followed by Glos at 93/6 in second innings and looking like being beaten by an innings. That Potts is one hell of a bowler.

Sussex 41 runs ahead of derby for the loss of 3 second innings wickets at tea on day 3. A Derbyshire win would a good result for us

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The commentators were speculating that, as scoring rates don’t seem so bad with kookaburra ball at other grounds, that the Cardiff pitch exaggerates the effects of the ball. It won’t happen because it would be a pretty low priority for a club where money is tight, but I dig up a few pitches to lay new ones with some pace and bounce that, hopefully, would provide something for the spinners as the game went on.

Durham apart, it’s a very tight division this year with every other club still entertaining hopes of the second promotion place, I don’t you’ll be seeing any declaration games until it gets to the stage where sides have to win to maintain hopes of going up.
    Yeah, Could certainly do with some kind of change to the pitch. If I remember rightly, going back 10/15 years it used to do a bit, nibble around for the medium pacers early and then take spin well towards day 3 and 4.

Last few years, the day 1 and 2 characteristics seem to vary, but it just seems to resemble a road after day 2.
    Other option I suppose, is the pitch hasn't changed too much and there is just an absolute dearth of decent spinners around the county circuit now. I'd be interested to hear swepsons opinions on what it's like to bowl on. But would definitely be nice to see a livelier pitch or 2 for next year

A very unexpected bonus point for Glamorgan, 252-8 - Neser 94 not out.

Neser gets to his second successive century for Glamorgan. Couple of questions about him,do you think a few wickets in this game gives him a chance of playing in the next test? Can’t see it myself. Second, could this be his last game forGlamorgan? I’m sure Glamorgan will try to get him back for next season and I reckon there’s a good chance he’ll say yes.

Second point for Glamorgan, 308-8 with Swepson on a career best 47.

After being 93-7 this is a turn around, fair play to Neser / Harris / Swepsom.
    Shame about the weather.

Feel a bit sorry for Ingram getting dropped, he's been great again this year. But a gutsy and correct decision to play swepson and Neser as the 2 overseas I think. Bowling does need more strengthening than the batting. What's the weather like in Cardiff at the moment?
    Ha ha great call for getting batting bonus points after all

403-9 declared, Neser 176 not out - Leicestershire have seven overs to bat.

What a very strange innings

well that was a shock checking the score this morning nice though

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Ha ha great call for getting batting bonus points after all
    I had to double check the score when I woke up this morning. Remembering what happened at the back end of that innings seemed a bit far fetched.

The game’s turned into a one innings affair battling for bonus points. Leicestershire on the way to maximum batting points - Glamorgan only have one bowling point at the moment, but they could benefit from Leicestershire playing shots to get to 450.

Elsewhere, Derbyshire are having a go at a huge target set them by Sussex, but the draw looks favourite and Worcester v Yorkshire has just ended as a draw.

Two bowling points for Glamorgan. Great finish in the Sussex v Derbyshire match, Derby need twenty one off ten balls with eight wickets down.

Match drawn at Hove.

I spent yesterday wondering why Glamorgan weren’t playing when sixteen of the eighteen counties were and it wasn’t until this morning that I remembered that their game against GLoucestershire at Cheltenham was starting a day later then the rest. Given that, if the forecast for Saturday proves to be correct, there’s probably not going to be any cricket played in the country, it’s probably going to be another game we won’t win.

Glamorgan have made a good start though, 100-0 at lunch with Lloyd on sixty odd. Also, anyone wanting to watch the GLoucestershire club stream should know that, for some reason, it’s running about half an hour late - they’re currently 90-0 on the stream!

Glamorgan on course for maximum batting points at 382-5 in the 85th over, Billy Root 92 not out.

While the rain pours down at the test match, there’s been a full days play in Glamorgan’s rain ruined game with GLoucestershire- with two overs left to get bonus points, the home team are 398-6, so it looks like two bowling points for Glamorgan and twelve points overall for yet another draw.

This will leave Glamorgan in fifth place with 107 points, but, that’s only six behind second placed Sussex. I had wondered about some sort of deal with GLoucestershire to make a game of it today,but we’re not going to run the risk of losing five points for the draw while it’s so tight for the second promotion place - I can see Yorkshire sneaking through to get it.

Glamorgan 107-1 at lunch after being put in to bat on a wicket which is almost as green as the grass around it, but it barely misbehaved in the half an hour or so I watched. Derbyshire are without a win this season and Glamorgan really do need to start winning games because it’s wide open for the second promotion place, but, without Neser, their bowling doesn’t look strong enough to me - the fact that their winter signing Harry Podmore has made no impact has not helped.

dont know much about ul hassan but he seems to be growing into it a bit the last few innings, hopefully goes on and gets his first 50 today

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    dont know much about ul hassan but he seems to be growing into it a bit the last few innings, hopefully goes on and gets his first 50 today
    Got to 69 before he gave the bowler a return catch to end a record second wicket partnership for Glamorgan against Derbyshire, Ingram not out 114 and Glamorgan 223-2.