+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Poor from James Harris there. Relying on a team mate to catch it, instead of ripping out the stumps like his first 3 wickets!!

Great bowling from James today, keeping us in the game. Notts 255/5. Let's rip through that tail now .

What a comeback from the bowlers. This would be a great time for Lloyd to regain a bit of form. Quick 50 from him and a solid innings from byrkm would be perfect.

That’s an outstanding effort from the bowlers. We will miss Michael Hogan
    Good to see Harris in the wickets

Turned to be a very good day for Glamorgan in the end as they added another fifty three to their first innings lead of thirty five without losing a wicket.

Decent lead. Need a good morning tomorrow to really be in the driving seat.

Yep tomorrow morning important. If we can end the session no more than two down we will be in a very strong position.

Just to say that during a spell when I was watching the game yesterday, the discussion was about Neser going back to Australia for September, but someone said that at a fans forum held during lunchtime yesterday, it was said that talks are under way to bring in a seamer and a spinner for the closing weeks of the season with the arrival of one of them being described as "imminent".

Lloyd reaches a hard fought 50, next ball Byrom hits an absolutely beautiful cover drive for 4. I think Lloyd might tee off for the next 40 minutes, really put the boot into notts !

Hundred for Byrom, 172-1 Lloyd out last ball before lunch.

Wow that's a great morning session.

Would be nice to get a decent first innings with bonus points for a change, but the batting definitely improving in recent second innings

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hundred for Byrom, 172-1 Lloyd out last ball before lunch.
    Oh he was still in when I just looked sigh

Positive signs for Lloyd, he didn't look fluent at all but managed to grind his way to 60.. Byrom looks a cracking player

234/1 so 267 ahead. Would like us to get 400 ahead before we declare Try and get st them for half an hour this evening.

302-4 at tea. Glad to see some wickets fall in a way because, hopefully, it means the pitch isn’t flattening out.

Worcestershire 202-3 chasing 238 to beat second place Middlesex on what looks a bit of a dodgy pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    302-4 at tea. Glad to see some wickets fall in a way because, hopefully, it means the pitch isn’t flattening out.

Worcestershire 202-3 chasing 238 to beat second place Middlesex on what looks a bit of a dodgy pitch.
    The scores would suggest it was a dodgy pitch but nobody told Worcester opener Pollock that with a century.

Worcestershire just won by seven wickets.

Getting tight at the top and a win for us will make it even tighter!

Middlesex beaten.

Northeast gets his ton 👏

What's everyone's thoughts on the declaration ? 1 more over for me, then declare and get em in for 8.

Edit: couldn't have timed that worse, declaration now made. Not sure why they declared half way through an over. Can't see notts chasing these

Just declared.
    Squeeky bum time for half an hour or so for Notts.
    Great position to be in for Glammy.

Hameed gone!
    Bowled Hogey 👏 👏 👏

Hameed bowled Hogan 1 - 2-1.

What a ball !!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the declaration ? 1 more over for me, then declare and get em in for 8.

Edit: couldn't have timed that worse, declaration now made. Not sure why they declared half way through an over. Can't see notts chasing these
    I thought he got the declaration about right although should have batted until the end of the over.
    Piss poor from Luke Fletcher trying to bowl as wide as possible without giving away the wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thought he got the declaration about right although should have batted until the end of the over.
    Piss poor from Luke Fletcher trying to bowl as wide as possible without giving away the wide.
    Yeah I thought it was a good one. They need a miracle to score those runs and 105 overs is enough to give us a good chance of bowling them out. He's a weird one that Fletcher, him and Patterson haven't really looked on it all game. Probably a strange thing to say about the table toppers, but Notts don't look like a particularly coherent or united team. Lots of misfields, and lots of petulance by the likes of Fletcher. Maybe they're used to rolling over sides and don't like the fact that we're taking it to tthem for the 2nd time this year.

Duckett in this season’s form is a big miss for Notts, as is Pattinson