+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eli King wins young player

Eli King wins young player

of the year at Ross County.

https://x.com/rosscountysc/status/17...LTsVTx09ZSEfIA

NB just noticed it was posted 22 hrs ago so apologies for duplication I missed it.

Re: Eli King wins young player

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    of the year at Ross County.

https://x.com/rosscountysc/status/17...LTsVTx09ZSEfIA

NB just noticed it was posted 22 hrs ago so apologies for duplication I missed it.
    My dad and nephew go to Ross County games a fair bit and they think he's tidied up their midfield a lot. Really not sure how the level compares though, very hard to tell.

Hopefully kicks on.

Don’t take much notice of these awards. Ours have been won recently by Joe Mason, Zohore, Callum Paterson and Drameh.

It’s a marker in time and I’m glad for him

Bulut isn’t going to play him over Sio/Wintle/Ralls and I bet we bring in another CM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bulut isn’t going to play him over Sio/Wintle/Ralls and I bet we bring in another CM.
    Probably right. Can't see Joel Colwill getting a chance either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    This is both right and wrong. And the reason I 'd be happy to see Bulut leave.

King and Joe Colwill have the potential to be better than the three you list, but Bulut (common with a lot of modern managers) is more interested in polishing his own CV's that the long term future of the club. Who can blame him given their lack of job security. There are not many idealists like Steve Cooper around.

The chances of Tan releasing sufficient transfer funds for us to get promoted next season is extremely limited. Watching Bulut's football dirge for 46 games with a team of has beans whilst we fight for positions 10-15 is not very appealing.

We won't have as many lucky wins next season and probably Bulut will be sacked by Christmas, but not before he has signed a few more Siopis's on 3 year deals. These players will then become a burden to a subsequent manager(s) and to the clubs ability to move forward.

I'd still prefer a young manager who plays attractive football and gives the kids a chance (where warranted) whilst we fight for positions 10-15.

King, Colwill x 2 , Ashford, Tanner and Isaak Davies should all be involved next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Hopefully kicks on.

Don’t take much notice of these awards. Ours have been won recently by Joe Mason, Zohore, Callum Paterson and Drameh.

It’s a marker in time and I’m glad for him
    All of these did decently for us though, even Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

King and Joe Colwill have the potential to be better than the three you list, but Bulut (common with a lot of modern managers) is more interested in polishing his own CV's that the long term future of the club. Who can blame him given their lack of job security. There are not many idealists like Steve Cooper around.

The chances of Tan releasing sufficient transfer funds for us to get promoted next season is extremely limited. Watching Bulut's football dirge for 46 games with a team of has beans whilst we fight for positions 10-15 is not very appealing.

We won't have as many lucky wins next season and probably Bulut will be sacked by Christmas, but not before he has signed a few more Siopis's on 3 year deals. These players will then become a burden to a subsequent manager(s) and to the clubs ability to move forward.

I'd still prefer a young manager who plays attractive football and gives the kids a chance (where warranted) whilst we fight for positions 10-15.

King, Colwill x 2 , Ashford, Tanner and Isaak Davies should all be involved next season.
    This is a really good point, we've got some good young players who the team should be built around. Although I want to see Bulut stay on, if we had another manager instead who played these players I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    All of these did decently for us though, even Zohore.
    But were shit players in good form.

Kinda my point. Doesn’t mean he’s going to replicate that here, but I hope he does.

Glad that you are looking forward to the new season !

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    This is a really good point, we've got some good young players who the team should be built around. Although I want to see Bulut stay on, if we had another manager instead who played these players I wouldn't be too disappointed.
    The thing we keep doing is filling the squad with capable average players which just blocks the youngsters progressing. I'd much rather see a team with a handful of top quality players and a majority of youngsters - getting game time.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Glad that you are looking forward to the new season !
    We don't know what we are looking forward to yet. What are you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    The thing we keep doing is filling the squad with capable average players which just blocks the youngsters progressing. I'd much rather see a team with a handful of top quality players and a majority of youngsters - getting game time.
    Exactly. Two top quality midfielders instead of Sawyers, Rinhomota, Wintle, Adams and Siopis. I appreciate that it is probable that Sawyers will shortly be released.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    But were shit players in good form.

Kinda my point. Doesn’t mean he’s going to replicate that here, but I hope he does.
    I think that's a bit harsh, most of those players played in successful Cardiff teams and Drameh was one of the few bright spots of Morison's half season in charge. They weren't all shit.

King and Joe Colwill have the potential to be better than the three you list.
    I'd love to know what you're basing this on

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Steady now, Delm.......

By watching all 5 players many times. What do you base your snap judgements on our best promising youngsters?

Although, I accept there is a big drop off from potential to seasoned championship footballer. There have been so many who have failed to bridge that gap. Tommy O'Sullivan (what a talent) didn't even make it at Hereford.

By watching all 5 players many times. What do you base your snap judgements on our best promising youngsters?

Although, I accept there is a big drop off from potential to seasoned championship footballer. There have been so many who have failed to bridge that gap. Tommy O'Sullivan (what a talent) didn't even make it at Hereford.
    I haven't made any snap judgements, I didn't even tell you my opinion of them. I just think what you said is a pretty big claim that's all, I'd love it if you end up being right

I haven't made any snap judgements, I didn't even tell you my opinion of them. I just think what you said is a pretty big claim that's all, I'd love it if you end up being right
    Ah Delme , where have you been?

We have a new game now.

If a loan player gets MOM in conference league south , we do a bit of hand wringing and scream for them to come back ,say he is a midfielder
    Then if another loan player gets MOM in the bottom of the Syrian league he also plays midfield , hey Presto we have the midfield for coming season . And why did we ever let them go ???
    Like Ryan Wintle ...Oh Yeah there have been discerning voices on that one...not mine I may add.. .

Its quite an easy game , why dont you join in?

Oh and managers ....
    No one would ever want to mange Cardiff because we have the only difficult owner in the league.
    All the other megalomaniac billionaire owners are charming ,caring ,witty, non meddling, people.