+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

2 big positives from last night were a glimmer of form form for Lloyd and the addition of byrom to the side. I thought Byrom looked good. Lloyds hyper aggressive style will always lead to peaks and troughs, but he is such an important t20 batter for us.

5 games in we've lost 3 , won 2. 2 of the losses have come against somerset and Surrey who look pretty good for 1st and 2nd positions. I certainly think we're pretty well equipped to fight out for third and fourth spot.

Sam has to up his strikerate, historically he's batted a lot more fluently. If it's team orders that are asking him to play these kind of innings then I'd suggest the orders need to change immediately. If he's just a bit out of touch then maybe he needs to drop to 3 or 4, come in if we lose an early wicket, or just keep dropping the order if we are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    2 big positives from last night were a glimmer of form form for Lloyd and the addition of byrom to the side. I thought Byrom looked good. Lloyds hyper aggressive style will always lead to peaks and troughs, but he is such an important t20 batter for us.

5 games in we've lost 3 , won 2. 2 of the losses have come against somerset and Surrey who look pretty good for 1st and 2nd positions. I certainly think we're pretty well equipped to fight out for third and fourth spot.

Sam has to up his strikerate, historically he's batted a lot more fluently. If it's team orders that are asking him to play these kind of innings then I'd suggest the orders need to change immediately. If he's just a bit out of touch then maybe he needs to drop to 3 or 4, come in if we lose an early wicket, or just keep dropping the order if we are going well.
    I would drop Northeast down to 6. Promote Douthwaite to open with Lloyd and just go for it. It would probably fail but give it a go because our batsmen are falling short.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I would drop Northeast down to 6. Promote Douthwaite to open with Lloyd and just go for it. It would probably fail but give it a go because our batsmen are falling short.
    I'd have certainly been tempted to promote douthwaite and weighell yesterday with those small boundaries, hitting the ball in the air is a good option at Taunton and that's what the 2 of them like doing. Byrom could be another shout to open going forward, has opened for somerset and looks to be a fluent player.