Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
Al the Birmingham big plauers failed and welsh fire still messed it up. 13 from 10 balls becomes 10 from 2 needed. Elite cricketers they are not. Schoolboy stuff

Welsh fire given the same budget as everyone else and end up with josh cobb as captain. Who picked these players? I remember seeing mark walllace at the auction picking them and Maynard is assistant coach. Doesnt bode well!
I was thinking similar. Maynard in the dugout. Cobb captain, a bloke who probably shouldn't have a hundred contract at all. It does come down to culture a lot I think. The Maynard style would be 'stay out there til the end David miller, don't do anything silly and and bring us home '. Then you open up the possibility of a couple of tight overs and a result like this. Any team with a decent culture would really attack with 23 needed off 20. Get it done, boost the run rate and don't give them a chance of sneaking back into the game.

Same moronic culture that saw Sam northeast being asked to stick around and play sensible for the first half of our T20 campaign