+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Of course I wouldn't have been happier with that, in the end 41 worked out well for us. But only because of a brilliant bowling display. Relying on 24 off the last over isn't good innings building, its getting lucky at the end.

In hindsight, Root did do well. Because his lack of scoring early on wasn't due to a lack of trying, he just kept finding fielders. He then had a good combination of skill, frustration and a smidgen of luck that helped him smash 24 off the last over. Cooke on the other hand looked comfortable, but just wouldn't go for it.

25 in 5 overs when 3 wickets down is insanely bad, I find the idea that it was all part of a grand plan that worked a bit strange.
    If you look at both innings the middle overs were the lowest scoring for both teams.mainly because the spinners were on and were hard to get away.
    It was far easier to score with pace on.
    Root seemed to read the situation well and as you say you cant rely on 24 in the last over but it was vital to have a batsman who was set to take advantage of the situation.
    If he had gone slow and then got out I would agree with you but I think he played a mature little knock to see us to victory.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    If you look at both innings the middle overs were the lowest scoring for both teams.mainly because the spinners were on and were hard to get away.
    It was far easier to score with pace on.
    Root seemed to read the situation well and as you say you cant rely on 24 in the last over but it was vital to have a batsman who was set to take advantage of the situation.
    If he had gone slow and then got out I would agree with you but I think he played a mature little knock to see us to victory.

Yep agreed.