+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He also has a dog and once studied at the institution formerly known as UWIC
    I think you are right, I think I Met Matt Mott the Mitt's mutt.

His name escapes me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A bit late with this but it was nice to see Aneurin Donald get some runs the other day in his first first-class match since 2019.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...y_lay-off.html
    I was surprise he is now 25, but of course he has missed several years sadly.

Very inconsistent for Glamorgan I remember but he was only 22 when he left them.

I hadn't realised he invented the scooping slap shot often seen in the IPL these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m37xcgjNJy8

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A bit late with this but it was nice to see Aneurin Donald get some runs the other day in his first first-class match since 2019.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...y_lay-off.html
    Would be nice to see him do well. Very talented player!

99-3, a wicket for Hogan off the first ball of his second spell.

Presumably, Donald will have, or has had, a contract extension after being injured for so long, but I was wondering if we’d be interested in taking him back at some time, but the gossip I heard was that he didn’t leave under the best of terms.

Like the idea of McCullum as England coach, but I’d have thought he was better suited to the one day stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think you are right, I think I Met Matt Mott the Mitt's mutt.

His name escapes me though.
    Actually I believe he studied meterology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where his lecturer was also called Matt Mott,who incidentally had a dog.

I have never met either Matt Mott but I have met the dog. So as I once told a mate of mine........

I met Matt Mott's Mit Met Matt Mott's mutt, mate

McCullum gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    99-3, a wicket for Hogan off the first ball of his second spell.

Presumably, Donald will have, or has had, a contract extension after being injured for so long, but I was wondering if we’d be interested in taking him back at some time, but the gossip I heard was that he didn’t leave under the best of terms.

Like the idea of McCullum as England coach, but I’d have thought he was better suited to the one day stuff.
    Yes McCullum has built a reputation as a white ball coach (although KKR aren't doing so well in the IPL this year).

However this trbute from Kane Williamson albeit from when McCullum was still a player but was NZ test captain suggest that he does have the people skills to do the job ( not sure that has always been the case with England coaches)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes McCullum has built a reputation as a white ball coach (although KKR aren't doing so well in the IPL this year).

However this trbute from Kane Williamson albeit from when McCullum was still a player but was NZ test captain suggest that he does have the people skills to do the job ( not sure that has always been the case with England coaches)
    My favourite touring side of recent years was the one McCullum captained in 2013 it might have been (far more enjoyable than the yet another bloody Ashes series which followed it). They were the epitome of playing the game the right way, if he could achieve half of what he did there, England are going to be fun to watch in the coming years.

2 in 3 for Hogan to leave Durham 290/9. Great effort considering Durham has been a batting paradise so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    2 in 3 for Hogan to leave Durham 290/9. Great effort considering Durham has been a batting paradise so far this year.
    Wow very good effort that

The bowlers have done well
    Unsurprisingly Salter already gone though. This must be the last match he opens the innings. It was silly experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The bowlers have done well
    Unsurprisingly Salter already gone though. This must be the last match he opens the innings. It was silly experiment.
    8-2 now

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    8-2 now
    31-2 at close with none of the key batsmen out.

31-2 at close with none of the key batsmen out.
    That’s a pretty frightening Durham bowling line up, but I’d say this side bats all the way down to number ten, so I reckon we’re well in the game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s a pretty frightening Durham bowling line up, but I’d say this side bats all the way down to number ten, so I reckon we’re well in the game at the moment.
    Very much so. Overall a good day.
    Once again Michael Hogan does the business. I wonder whether he may be persuaded to stay on for one more year. Right up there with our best overseas signings.

Makes you wonder why they asked Root to open for the seconds, to then play him down the order on his return to the first team.

Very much so. Overall a good day.
    Once again Michael Hogan does the business. I wonder whether he may be persuaded to stay on for one more year. Right up there with our best overseas signings.

One of the old boys was asking him that at the Leicestershire match. He gave a non committal ' i can't see past tomorrow at the moment ' . Would be great to see him stay on. He mentioned in the press that it was more about letting his missus concentrate on her career rather than any tiredness with the game. Hopefully he'll annoy the missus and kids early next season and they'll be happy to get rid of him for a couple of months !!

72-4 Labuschagne adding just one run tinhis overnight score in nearly an hour at the crease. He looks in no kind of form.

156/5 at lunch. Carlson looking in really good nick. We could do with him and Cooke hanging around for a good while yet though.
    Stokes bowling these days looks very ordinary.

156/5 at lunch. Carlson looking in really good nick. We could do with him and Cooke hanging around for a good while yet though.
    Hope this don't come back and bite us on the arse.

Carlson could do with a big 100 in front of the new England captain

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Carlson could do with a big 100 in front of the new England captain
    Bowled first ball after lunch

163/7. Cooke gone too. Really disappointing batting today.

163/7. Cooke gone too. Really disappointing batting today.
    Something to cheer you up following Glum’s batting today

https://fb.watch/c_69Px8xXt/

Watch it all but the funny bit is from approx 5 mins

Well I didn't expect this.