+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    160 lead for durham with 3 wickets left.

Glamorgan probably slight favourites only thing is stokes is batting.......
    Stokes stumped off marnus! Game on......

Glam chasing 190 but lloyd and VDG not batting so not much margin for error

Presumably Lloyd and Van Der Gugten can still bat though I hope.
    Salter and Gorvin opening.. Yeeks
    Brilliant glove work by Cooke

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

VDG with a runner maybe. Lloyd yes but he has the runs.....

Salter and gorvin lasted as long as we expected. Marnus and northeast in now. All on this partnership really.

Salter and gorvin lasted as long as we expected. Marnus and northeast in now. All on this partnership really.
    We still have Carlson and Cooke. Root and Neser are in form too and Lloyd should hopefully be available tomorrow.

Really really poor from Labuschagne playing a hook shot to the penultimate ball of the day. At 65/3 Durham are right back in this.
    Labuschagne has been disappointing with the bat as he was last season.

Really really poor from Labuschagne playing a hook shot to the penultimate ball of the day. At 65/3 Durham are right back in this.
    Labuschagne has been disappointing with the bat as he was last season.
    Again? He did the same last ball before a break in the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Again? He did the same last ball before a break in the last game.
    I was gobsmacked. He was in no trouble at all and just fell for the bait.

I was gobsmacked. He was in no trouble at all and just fell for the bait.
    Many years back in the early 70's in the old Sophia gardens ground, Glamorgan were left about 10-15 minutes to bat at the end of the day in fading light. This was when Roy Fredericks and Alan Jones were opening the batting for Glamorgan, Many people there thought that if they sent Fredericks in the opposition ( forgotten who it was now ) would feed him with short pitched bowling knowing his love of the hook shot in all circumstances.

Sure enough in his first over ( I think) Roy got a short pitched ball, couldn't resist and sent it straight down the throat of the fine leg posted in exactly the right position!

Really impressive bowling performance by Glamorgan when you consider they were two men down, but I don’t get opening with Salter and Gorvin when Root scored 175 not out for the seconds as an opener and was top scorer in the first innings. Having Root go in first doesn’t have to be a permanent thing, just a one off in an emergency.

I thought that there was a chance the Salter experiment could work because he’s a stubborn lower order batsman (I’ve always thought the same about James Harris as a potential top order batsman, but the time for that has probably gone now), it hasn’t though. With this being our last four day game for a while, you’d like to think that Byrom will be available to open with Lloyd (providing the injury which stopped him bowling yesterday is nothing major) when fixtures resume,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really impressive bowling performance by Glamorgan when you consider they were two men down, but I don’t get opening with Salter and Gorvin when Root scored 175 not out for the seconds as an opener and was top scorer in the first innings. Having Root go in first doesn’t have to be a permanent thing, just a one off in an emergency.

I thought that there was a chance the Salter experiment could work because he’s a stubborn lower order batsman (I’ve always thought the same about James Harris as a potential top order batsman, but the time for that has probably gone now), it hasn’t though. With this being our last four day game for a while, you’d like to think that Byrom will be available to open with Lloyd (providing the injury which stopped him bowling yesterday is nothing major) when fixtures resume,
    Did lloyd definitely have an injury. On the radio they said he had an upset stomach

Did lloyd definitely have an injury. On the radio they said he had an upset stomach
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61446097

Was raging about Gorvin opening. But to be fair if Lloyd was unable to open it's a bit more understandable. If Maynard doesn't see root as an opener then fair enough I suppose, but then why the hell make him open for the seconds. They've asked him to open, he's absolutely nailed it , then they drop him down the order again.

I can't slam Marnus too much for that innings. He has taken out a very healthy chunk of the total runs we needed. Generally if he goes for a big shot he gets it right. Barring a disaster we should knock these runs off !!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Was raging about Gorvin opening. But to be fair if Lloyd was unable to open it's a bit more understandable. If Maynard doesn't see root as an opener then fair enough I suppose, but then why the hell make him open for the seconds. They've asked him to open, he's absolutely nailed it , then they drop him down the order again.

I can't slam Marnus too much for that innings. He has taken out a very healthy chunk of the total runs we needed. Generally if he goes for a big shot he gets it right. Barring a disaster we should knock these runs off !!
    84-5. That disaster is looming.

84-5. That disaster is looming.
    84/7 with 2 batsmen perhaps not batting. Would have been a herculean effort to win this all things considered.

84/7 with 2 batsmen perhaps not batting. Would have been a herculean effort to win this all things considered.
    I’m sure they will both bat but this is looking decidedly iffy.

not looking good 104 for 6

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    not looking good 104 for 6
    Root out in similar fashion to Salter and Labuschagne and pulling at another short ball. Really poor batting.
    Durham favourites now.

Lloyd gone. Seven down. Hugely disappointing. The Labuschagne wicket last night looks likely to prove to be pivotal.

Odd that we elected to field when the scores have reduced significantly between first and second innings

what a total feckedup batting display

Very disappointing result

Thats disapointing. At least we picked up 7 bonus points, and middlesex look like drawing. Tinkerman Maynard doesn't help. I'm sure he'll come out with some crap about it being a 'good learning experience.

To be fair, we were two bowlers short and Durham have one in Potts who must be bringing himself into test contention with his form this season. However, having now seen the shot Labuschagne played, I think it was the biggest turning point in the game and a real kick in the guts for the Glamorgan dressing room at a time when they must have been thinking they’d got through an awkward session. Labuschagne’s modest score was the highest of our second innings though and although Northeast has improved the batting and you hope Byrom will as well, it still has a flakey look to it at times.