Another disapointing game. Obviously losing Selman and Marnus has hurt us. But we weren't exactly setting the world alight when they were playing.

I think we've been poorly coached.

I understand why Douthwaite started the season so low down the batting order as he wasn't in great touch. When he hit form he should have been moved up into the top 4.

Ingram has quite obviously been bang out of form, really begs the question why he was continually picked over Neser. Combined with the fact that our pace bowling has been a bit underpowered when Smith isn't in the side. Even if Ingram had been playing well, Neser arguably still would have been the better option.

Can't understand Carlson opening. A good coach would have told him to stop trying to swing from the hip every ball and build some innings. Maynard has just encouraged him to carry on in that vein by sticking him up top. Carlson is one of the few players we have with the ability to rotate strike and accelerate at the end. He needs to be in the engine room not pissing about trying to play cameos. Douthwaite did well at the top of the order when given the chance last year, he'd be a much better shout as an opener than Carlson going forward.

In 2019 we had a great start to the season, then it all fell apart from the last 4 day game before the t20s onwards. Really hope we can regroup this year and not repeat that.

If we can turn over Sussex in the championship next week, I think I can quite happily forget this whole sorry t20 campaign ever existed.