+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2923

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

It is on Youtube too

https://youtu.be/8d8O5eD7oQQ

Any masochists about?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ended up watching the whole of the first Hundred game and, first and foremost, it was a very good game of cricket which, for much of the time, was of a high standard with the Manchester wicketkeeper proving as accomplished as Sarah Taylor (that's a big compliment!) and better than many in the men's game - Glenn Phillips, who'll be playing for Welsh Fire in the Hundred, has, rightly, been lauded for his batting displays for Gloucestershire, but he was pretty hopeless as a stumper in their televised game with Somerset this week.

It's strange that the women's game can produce superb wicket keepers and yet the standard of catching falls so far below the men's game. It's hard to see why this should be, because strength isn't much of a factor in that department of the game, but last night's match was decided by Manchester dropping three pretty straightforward catches and it was hardly unique to this one game - I've seen some right dolly catches go down in previous women's matches I've watched.

As for the format, I didn't notice it much because it was a watchable match that I quite got into, but, thinking about it, it didn't seem too much different to a T20 game and I'm left thinking that I can't see why someone who wasn't converted to cricket by T20, will be by the Hundred..
    I only watched towards the tail end of the second innings and I must say I agree with you. The only thing it took me anytime to adjust to was the way they presented the scoring on the screen, which was hardly an effort either.

Otherwise it felt pretty much like a t20 game and I donít see how thatís any easier for the uninitiated to understand and enjoy. As such, itís pretty inoffensive in and of itself but does have a feel of the emperors new clothes about it.

It did beg the question to me why so much money has been pumped into it - as opposed the county system and/or grassroots facilities - or why havenít the ECB decided to make more county t20 games and England games available on terrestrial television with PR used for this.

One thing that came to mind whilst watching was around changing the over length to 5/10 balls and why they didnít change boundaries to something like 5/10 - incentivise big hits, makes scoring simpler for new viewers, etc. Donít quite understand why they made that tweak to the over length and not that much else.

Also agreed, the one stumping was top drawer fairplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    I only watched towards the tail end of the second innings and I must say I agree with you. The only thing it took me anytime to adjust to was the way they presented the scoring on the screen, which was hardly an effort either.

Otherwise it felt pretty much like a t20 game and I donít see how thatís any easier for the uninitiated to understand and enjoy. As such, itís pretty inoffensive in and of itself but does have a feel of the emperors new clothes about it.

It did beg the question to me why so much money has been pumped into it - as opposed the county system and/or grassroots facilities - or why havenít the ECB decided to make more county t20 games and England games available on terrestrial television with PR used for this.

One thing that came to mind whilst watching was around changing the over length to 5/10 balls and why they didnít change boundaries to something like 5/10 - incentivise big hits, makes scoring simpler for new viewers, etc. Donít quite understand why they made that tweak to the over length and not that much else.

Also agreed, the one stumping was top drawer fairplay.
    I did see a report after I wrote my message that the crowd featured a lot more under tens than you tend to get at T20 games - the implication was that parents would be ore willing to take youngsters because there were less people on the piss at the match, but I think there needs to be a few more games played yet before it should be assumed that it'll be a different type of crowd at the Hundred.

Warwickshire 135-5 off 30 overs, which doesn't sound too bad, but does anyone fancy Glamorgan to chase down 200?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I did see a report after I wrote my message that the crowd featured a lot more under tens than you tend to get at T20 games - the implication was that parents would be ore willing to take youngsters because there were less people on the piss at the match, but I think there needs to be a few more games played yet before it should be assumed that it'll be a different type of crowd at the Hundred.
    I expect a lot of freebies were handed out last night (I was offered one myself in fact), I would imagine they were trying to target the demographics the ECB wants to encourage to attend as well if they had any sense.

On my limited viewing the crowd shots didnít look far off what the Oval (albeit less crowded) looks like for the short stuff when Surrey play on the times Iíve been there and seen it on the box.

Warwickshire all out for 221 with a very good spell from Hogan, seems a reachable target but we all know how fragile the batting is

Glammy going to throw away a win here with some dumb batting starting with Carlson playing a real howler to a straight ball

In my youth (1960's....) I used to watch Glamorgan CCC every time they played in Wales.....I have long given up on cricket with all the changes / being subservient to the media etc...have no interest now.

Easy!

a win thankfully! well done lower order

Glamorgan win by two wickets with two balls to spare.

Lukas Carey is having a very good week. About time he was back in the side.

Phew. Nice to get a win and an entertaining game all in all. Good debut for that Bethal lad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Phew. Nice to get a win and an entertaining game all in all. Good debut for that Bethal lad for them.
    Thought they had messed up, itís easy to get in that mindset. A good game.

Cracking up and down chase, very exciting . Great character shown by Carey and walker.
    Watching the 100 bollocks on TV now. Love the fact that they are trying to bring more people to the game and are putting games on terrestrial tv. All this could have been done with the t20 format though. I think the ecb just didn't want to admit they'd learned lessons from the aussie big bash. By putting this demented 100 ball concept together they can pretend its all their original ideas.

As for the 'banter' between chunkz and that chris Hughes tosser. Does that really attract anyone to the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Cracking up and down chase, very exciting . Great character shown by Carey and walker.
    Watching the 100 bollocks on TV now. Love the fact that they are trying to bring more people to the game and are putting games on terrestrial tv. All this could have been done with the t20 format though. I think the ecb just didn't want to admit they'd learned lessons from the aussie big bash. By putting this demented 100 ball concept together they can pretend its all their original ideas.

As for the 'banter' between chunkz and that chris Hughes tosser. Does that really attract anyone to the game ?
    Yep it’s a nonsense when we already have T20

My personal opinion is that this new format is simply not needed.
    T20 is popular, hasn’t cost a fortune to set up and doesn’t negatively impact on the other formats.
    However, the 100 is unlikely to be pulled and I would imagine the idea is that it will gradually replace the T20 and probably finish off the 50 over game.
    As a traditionalist, when it comes to sport ,I really don’t enjoy seeing the games I loved growing up being subject to such big changes . I guess it is a case of tv/ sponsors being the driving force so I dread what future innovations are likely across all forms of sport.
    Oh, good win for Glammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep it’s a nonsense when we already have T20
    It almost seems a bit insulting to the target viewers aswell. As if the ecb are saying to them ' we think you're too thick and lack the attention span for 120 balls, so we've added some silly nicknames and made it 100 balls to appeal to thickos like you.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It almost seems a bit insulting to the target viewers aswell. As if the ecb are saying to them ' we think you're too thick and lack the attention span for 120 balls, so we've added some silly nicknames and made it 100 balls to appeal to thickos like you.
    Well it gives us another team to be disappointed with.