Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
I went for the first innings yesterday before strolling down to the CCS.

Very low crowd, more like the numbers that turn up for a 4 day game.

Glamorgan really did miss a trick by not starting at 12 or 1230. Sadly, I'm not sure they seem to care.
I thought it was odd that the start got moved back to 2.00 and not earlier but, to be fair, there seemed to be some logic behind it. During the Surrey innings there were regular reminders that the Wales game would be shown on the big screens so I assume the plan was for the cricket to finish around 16.50 then everyone would stay in the ground to watch Wales v Ukraine in the afternoon sunshine. Not the worst plan, the club could boast it had a fan zone for the football and the food and drink outlets would do a roaring trade.

Except it didn't quite turn out like that. I wonder how many ended up watching on the big screens in the pouring rain? Like you said, there weren't many people there to start with. There wasn't any feeding the snake during the Surrey innings, that's for sure, Even feeding the worm would've been a struggle. Shame really, it was turning into a decent game and everyone involved deserved better luck with the weather.